PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Rockntractor
06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
92° F | 72° F I found a laborer that actually showed back up on the next day so work has been a little easier the past few days. Normally I work alone but once in awhile I have something a machine won’t do.

TOTD: “There is nothing new under the sun” Every question has been asked and everything has been done.
If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do to fill the time?

Gingersnap
06-08-2010, 09:48 AM
It was hot for us yesterday. I was working outside yesterday afternoon and I thought, "Geez, it's hot". This hardly ever happens to me and then I found out it was 92 F with 75% humidity. :eek: It will be much more normal today with showers on and off.

TOTD: I would work on several massive yard projects. I'd replace all the carpet in my living room and bedroom with wood (DIY). I'd sell off those Rangers and get into mules. I'd go fishing every day I felt like it. I'd work with the BFF on a business project we've been formulating. In the winter, I'd go skiing every day I felt like it. I would also read through the Great Books Program and try to see if there is a decent distance learning degree program in Classics somewhere.

I would also work in Mr. Snaps' business to free him up for the much more exciting scouting and auction end of things. :)

Rebel Yell
06-08-2010, 09:59 AM
92° F | 72° F I found a laborer that actually showed back up on the next day so work has been a little easier the past few days. Normally I work alone but once in awhile I have something a machine won’t do.

TOTD: “There is nothing new under the sun” Every question has been asked and everything has been done.
If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do to fill the time?

Fishing, hunting, mud bogging, lounging.

linda22003
06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I would have NO trouble filling the time. Aside from my own projects, like the knitting I enjoy, I'd do some volunteer work, such as being a docent at a museum or some such place, depending on where we live in retirement. We're planning lots of travel.

lacarnut
06-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Had a hell of a thunderstorm pass thru last night. Knocked my satellite TV off and my Internet was off for a while. Cleared up today. Humid and hot.

Coin collecting (buying on e-bay). .going to the beach..going to the park..eating out and being lazy in my my retirement years.

Speedy
06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
It is pretty mild here today. 101 Degrees, up from a high of 100 yesterday.

Rockntractor
06-08-2010, 07:26 PM
I think I will still do heavy equipment work, just a little less of it.

malloc
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Sunnier and hotter than yesterday. 106º F, no wind to speak of.

TOTD: I would shoot and reload full time. I would spend the winter desert shooting, and open ranges, and the summer at the indoor ranges.

Rockntractor
06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Sunnier and hotter than yesterday. 106º F, no wind to speak of.

TOTD: I would shoot and reload full time. I would spend the winter desert shooting, and open ranges, and the summer at the indoor ranges.
I reload a little while every evening as it is, I need to order some more brass.

malloc
06-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I reload a little while every evening as it is, I need to order some more brass.

I'm a little different. I reload in very large, planned batches. I usually do a couple thousand of each caliber I reload for (9mm, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, .223 Rem) in one go, and then play with that while stocking up on components for another go.

My biggest problems have been getting a hold of primers in quantity. However, Dillon Precision is located in Scottsdale, AZ, and they carry reasonably priced components in bulk that don't need to be shipped, and I have a hookup at the Scottsdale Gun Club, that lets me collect the brass after gun rental shoots so I know it's all once fired. (I love it when they rent out the M249 SAW, I can get a LOT of .223 brass after they rent that to someone.)

What kind of brass are you looking for? PM me, and I'll see how much of it I have in the once fired category.

Big Guy
06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
About 90 here in Middle Tennessee a little cloudy.

If I could retire today, I would go fishing all summer, Hunting all winter, but while not hunting or fishing I'd sit on the front porch in my underwear holding a beer yelling at the kids in the neighborhood. :D

Rockntractor
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM

If I could retire today, I would go fishing all summer, Hunting all winter, but while not hunting or fishing I'd sit on the front porch in my underwear holding a beer yelling at the kids in the neighborhood. :D
Don't eat cheetos that way!:eek:

patriot45
06-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Hot as hell here! I'm semi-retired, hey! Hold ma beer! :D And watch this!!!

Big Guy
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Hot as hell here! I'm semi-retired, hey! Hold ma beer! :D And watch this!!!

Rednecks famous last words. :D

Kay
06-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Coin collecting (buying on e-bay). .going to the beach..going to the park.
.eating out and being lazy in my my retirement years.

Um....kinda sounds like what you're doing now. ;)

I'd put myself on ebay as a traveling companion.
Have bags will travel.