PDA

View Full Version : Headless Zombie Graveyard Found

PoliCon
06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
06/09/2010

by Matt Mogk

Archaeologists have discovered an ancient mass grave site in York, England, that dates back to the 1st Century AD. 80 skeletons were found showing signs of extremely violent injury and decapitation, opening the door to the possibility of zombies.

Though some experts claim this must be a gladiator cemetery, lead investigator Kurt Hunter-Mann cautions against hasty assumptions, explaining that they have no conclusive understanding of what they’ve unearthed.

“At present our lead theory is that many of these skeletons are those of Roman gladiators. But the research is continuing and we must therefore keep an open mind.”

Though Roman amphitheaters are known to have existing in several settlements across England, no evidence of a gladiator arena has ever been discovered in York, which has forced researchers to fall back on the notion that it must be a graveyard for soldiers. But the high number of decapitations squarely undermines this theory as well.

If this finding is the end result of an ancient zombie outbreak in England, the battle wounds and headless corpses could be easily explained.

http://zombieresearch.net/2010/06/09/headless-zombie-graveyard-found/

Bubba Dawg
06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Headless Zombie Graveyard.....I thought you wuz talkin' about DU.....

PoliCon
06-09-2010, 08:20 PM

I concede the point. :D

malloc
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I certainly hope they are taking all the necessary precautions to contain the zombie agent bio-hazard. My ammunition reserves are too low to deal with a zombie apocalypse right now. :eek:

Sonnabend
06-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I took this with a grain of salt....:D

PoliCon
06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
I certainly hope they are taking all the necessary precautions to contain the zombie agent bio-hazard. My ammunition reserves are too low to deal with a zombie apocalypse right now. :eek:

well consider yourself fairly warned. :p You'd best stock up!:D

noonwitch
06-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Keep the red pandas away from the site!

FlaGator
06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey, I may be a pacifist but zombies are fair game for target practice... I don't spend time and money at the gun range just to shoot paper targets.

malloc
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, I've got a lead on a good quantity of primers, so I'll be restocked soon. So let World War Z commence. I do hope they are the rage type zombies from Dawn of the Dead, and not the lumbering Night of the Living Dead ones. The rage zombies are so much more exciting. Remember, it's The Apocalypse, so you might as well have fun with it.

Speedy
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I knew I kept my my Zombie Kit handy for a reason.

marinejcksn
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I do hope they are the rage type zombies from Dawn of the Dead, and not the lumbering Night of the Living Dead ones.

I haven't been following Rule #1 since I got out of the Corps! :eek:

http://artzthings.com/e-pins/images/large/zombieland-rules1.jpg

CaughtintheMiddle1990
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/mysticalmoon_2006/Dark/Zombies/zombie39.jpg

PoliCon
06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/mysticalmoon_2006/Dark/Zombies/zombie39.jpg

Where was this pic taken? The last Democratic National Convention?

warpig
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
http://my-hallsofmontezuma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/zombie-preparedness.jpg

PoliCon
06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/jediryan22/Obama-ZombieLeader.jpg

warpig
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
http://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mussolini20obama1.jpg

Ever noticed the resemblance......................just sayin................

CueSi
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Well, I've got a lead on a good quantity of primers, so I'll be restocked soon. So let World War Z commence. I do hope they are the rage type zombies from Dawn of the Dead, and not the lumbering Night of the Living Dead ones. The rage zombies are so much more exciting. Remember, it's The Apocalypse, so you might as well have fun with it.

I may do my cardio, but I prefer slow zombies. <starts calling ex boyfriend to see if his ammo stores are still good. >

~QC

Odysseus
06-30-2010, 03:42 PM
No, that would be a Brainless Zombie Graveyard. DUmmies have heads, they're just empty.

I prefer a more leisurely zombie. They allow me to conserve ammunition and it's also easier to keep the family together. Of course, the faster ones are more conducive to good cardio fitness, at least as far as sprinting goes, but you get a better, more sustained workout with the slower zombies.

One of my NCOs used to experiment with unusual loads for his weapons, and one of his best was a 9mm round, loaded backwards, with the hollow part filled with nail gun primer. The result was a bullet with a shaped charge that blew really big holes in hard targets, or soft ones, for that matter. Zombie decapitation gets easier when you can simply vaporize the torso.

malloc
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I may do my cardio, but I prefer slow zombies. <starts calling ex boyfriend to see if his ammo stores are still good. >

~QC

Cardio might be an issue for me, as I haven't done much cardio since I started raising babies. Unless maybe raising the babies is cardio. I'm not sure.

One of my NCOs used to experiment with unusual loads for his weapons, and one of his best was a 9mm round, loaded backwards, with the hollow part filled with nail gun primer. The result was a bullet with a shaped charge that blew really big holes in hard targets, or soft ones, for that matter. Zombie decapitation gets easier when you can simply vaporize the torso.

I try not to experiment with loads like that, because I don't want to lose a gun, or an eye, or a hand. I'm kind of fond of my hands, eyes and guns.

Wow, never thought about reverse decapitation via removal of the torso. The way I figure it, you may have to disable the brain to kill the zombie, but that doesn't mean every shot needs to be head shot. Zombies must still need musculoskeletal support in order to be upwardly mobile. So a shot to a kneecap or pelvic bone would put the zombie prone, crawling towards you head first which would make the head shot much easier. I guess one of the worst ideas would be fire. That would just be twice as scary because then you would just have zombies on fire sprinting at you.

Odysseus
06-30-2010, 05:59 PM
I try not to experiment with loads like that, because I don't want to lose a gun, or an eye, or a hand. I'm kind of fond of my hands, eyes and guns.

Wow, never thought about reverse decapitation via removal of the torso. The way I figure it, you may have to disable the brain to kill the zombie, but that doesn't mean every shot needs to be head shot. Zombies must still need musculoskeletal support in order to be upwardly mobile. So a shot to a kneecap or pelvic bone would put the zombie prone, crawling towards you head first which would make the head shot much easier. I guess one of the worst ideas would be fire. That would just be twice as scary because then you would just have zombies on fire sprinting at you.

Separating the head from the body usually does the trick, so if the body is eliminated, the head is automatically separated, or so it stands to reason.

Burning is an effective means of killing zombies, since it reduces them to ash. They also burn quickly, as they tend to be dessicated and full of gas (not unlike congress :D), but this is another reason to favor the slower zombies, which burn without sprinting. Get enough of them going and it's like having a really big, ambulatory birthday cake.