PDA

View Full Version : Ladies - Are You Liking The Hippie Chic Look This Summer?

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I've seen a lot of broomstick skirts, hippie skirts, tie-dye, and fake Indian (from India) fashions this early summer.

Are you loving the deep color/loose fit vibe or hatin' on it?

Jumpy
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Like it. I hate the 70's ish look that seems to have been in style for forever.

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I like it, too. The whole neutral color/androgyny thing was depressing me. I wouldn't wear it for anything important (outside meeting, bail bond hearings) but it's fun for casual stuff.

Calypso Jones
06-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I have never liked tie dye. I hate burkenstocks. I'm not sure what you mean by broomstick skirts.

oh. so THAT is a broomstick skirt. I like those but only the ones at Chicos or maybe J.Jill.

SaintLouieWoman
06-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Yay, now the "dress" broomstick skirt that I had gotten at Nordstrom's several years ago will be in style again. It's black, but with subtle little beige beading at the hem.

I hate buying clothes and gave away a lot of my stuff before we moved. Can't believe it, for the first time in my life have a big walk-in closet and ended up giving SR half. We each still have an empty closet rod. Maybe I should go on a buying spree. :D

Actually we have 3 walk in closets and I only have a couple of cool weather clothes in the one and none in the other.

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I have never liked tie dye. I hate burkenstocks. I'm not sure what you mean by broomstick skirts.

oh. so THAT is a broomstick skirt. I like those but only the ones at Chicos or maybe J.Jill.

* stuffs Birkies under hippie skirt, turns shirt inside out (oops - that didn't work), slinks to edge of Lounge, and throws organic veggie skewer stick over fence. Wipes unpasteurized, grass-fed cow milk mustache off.*

LOL! I'm what they like to call a "Crunchy Conservative", dontcha know. :D

Welcome to the Lounge!

Calypso Jones
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I like the lounge. You need a bar...is there one?

Constitutionally Speaking
06-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Newbies buy. :D

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM

Yes, sadly. It usually opens around 1:00 p.m. Fridays for the day drinkers and goes from there. We haven't had a really excellent bartender for a while. Interested? The pay sucks but the amusement value can be intense.

I'd help you with the power-washing after. :D

Calypso Jones
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
first thing let's keep it open 24/7 and serve nibbleez.

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
first thing let's keep it open 24/7 and serve nibbleez.

Yeah, we did that. It ended badly and not just from the expected weight gain. :p

PoliCon
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, we did that. It ended badly and not just from the expected weight gain. :p

:mad: HEY! :mad: Back on topic or else!:p

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
:mad: HEY! :mad: Back on topic or else!:p

I'm wearing a multi-colored maxi skirt with matching flip-flops and a deep orange/gold tank with a cutwork neckline.

And underwear (to forestall the speculation).

What are you wearing, Poli?

Articulate_Ape
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I've seen a lot of broomstick skirts, hippie skirts, tie-dye, and fake Indian (from India) fashions this early summer.

Mr. Snaps finally sprang for that full-length mirror I gather.

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Mr. Snaps finally sprang for that full-length mirror I gather.

Those rails to Hell? They're greased now.

PoliCon
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm wearing a multi-colored maxi skirt with matching flip-flops and a deep orange/gold tank with a cutwork neckline.

NOTHING. I'm posting in the nude!!!:eek: MWAHahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAhahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHa

j/k:D

Blue boxer briefs - camouflage shorts and a brown t-shirt. :p

Rockntractor
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM

Probably underwear just like yours!:D

Articulate_Ape
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Those rails to Hell? They're greased now.

Thanks. Nice to know you have a head start.

Gingersnap
06-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks. Nice to know you have a head start.

On applause and viewing. I've read the Desert Fathers. :cool:

Sonnabend
06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Probably underwear just like yours!

Rock wears granny panties? :eek::eek::eek:

:D

RobJohnson
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM

We match today! :p

Ree
06-10-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm wearin a blue hospital gown...:(

noonwitch
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I like the look. I've bought some nice shirts/blouses at Macy's that fall under the "hippie chic" category. They're loose and comfortable. Macy's also has had some great sales lately, so I've been able to buy some really nice things for half price. With my ongoing weight loss, their clothes are currently fitting me the best at the moment.

I'm almost completely out of The Avenue sizes! One more size to go, and I'm back in regular women's sizes, for the first time in my adult life.

Gingersnap
06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I like the look. I've bought some nice shirts/blouses at Macy's that fall under the "hippie chic" category. They're loose and comfortable. Macy's also has had some great sales lately, so I've been able to buy some really nice things for half price. With my ongoing weight loss, their clothes are currently fitting me the best at the moment.

I'm almost completely out of The Avenue sizes! One more size to go, and I'm back in regular women's sizes, for the first time in my adult life.

Congratulations! There are a lot more clothes horse opportunities in the regular sizes. :D

RobJohnson
06-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Good job!

noonwitch
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Ginger and Rob. It's definitely the slow way to weight loss (exercise, but no dieting), but it's a good way.

Now, I'm trying to be more open to love. I've been told that because I believe I don't need men in my life, I send out the wrong vibes. So I'm participating in more singles activities in the new church I go to, in hopes of meeting more people overall, not just potential romances.

Calypso Jones
06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I have found..of course you didn't ask me but that's never stopped me before....that when you determine that you've had enough of men...and THAT is a very liberating feeling, THAT is when you attract men right and left.

RobJohnson
06-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks, Ginger and Rob. It's definitely the slow way to weight loss (exercise, but no dieting), but it's a good way.

Now, I'm trying to be more open to love. I've been told that because I believe I don't need men in my life, I send out the wrong vibes. So I'm participating in more singles activities in the new church I go to, in hopes of meeting more people overall, not just potential romances.

A good church is always a great place to meet great people. Good luck.

Calypso Jones
06-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Just how chic is your Tie Dye??

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/11/how-to-wear-summer-tie-dye-and-not-look-like-the-grateful-dead/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl5|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F 2010%2F06%2F11%2Fhow-to-wear-summer-tie-dye-and-not-look-like-the-grateful-dead%2F

I don't care what you do. The secret to looking good is a REALLY REALLY GOOD braw. :D

Gingersnap
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Just how chic is your Tie Dye??

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/06/11/how-to-wear-summer-tie-dye-and-not-look-like-the-grateful-dead/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl5|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.com%2F 2010%2F06%2F11%2Fhow-to-wear-summer-tie-dye-and-not-look-like-the-grateful-dead%2F

I don't care what you do. The secret to looking good is a REALLY REALLY GOOD braw. :D

I think I'm okay. I have a couple of tops that are pastel and white tie-dye, a couple of pastel tie-dye skirts, the must-have white skirt with lace detailing (knee length), and a couple of window-pane gauze white overshirts. Birkies, check. Beaded sandals, check. African market basket for those all-important farmer's market appearances, check. :p