PDA

View Full Version : Forgive Me, FCC

warpig
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=6809

The Federal Communications Commission has been given a new mandate -- to 'save' mainstream journalism. It appears that the mainstream media, (the networks, [except Fox] the NYTimes, LATimes, Washington Post and [probably] the Huffington Post.

It appears that only the liberal 'mainstream' media needs saving, however. So-called 'conservative media' is doing just fine. According to the FCC's working papers, one of the ways they intend to save the mainstream is by monitoring 'hate speech' on the internet.

The FCC is responding to a petition signed by the National Hispanic Media Coalition, together with various other left groups, including Free Press, the Media Access Project, Common Cause, the Prometheus Radio Project, and the League of United Latin American Citizen.

Discoverthenetworks.org reports that even while Free Press [backed by George Soros] “calls for revolution, the overthrow of the capitalist system, and the socialization of America, Free Press has been regularly granted audiences not only with members of Congress, but with those overseeing media policy at the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.

For example, when Julius Genachowski became chairman of the FCC, he promptly appointed Free Press spokeswoman Jen Howard to be his Press Secretary. By late September … Genachowski announced his plan to push for net neutrality.”

Another group comprising the coalition is the Center for Media Justice, aka, the Center for “social justice” and “environmental justice.”

Likewise, the Media Alliance and the Benton Foundation are involved in the coalition. The mission of the Benton Foundation is to work "to ensure that media and telecommunications serve the public interest and enhance our democracy.”

This mission is pursued by “seeking policy solutions that support the values of access, diversity, and equity.” According to the petition:

“Hate speech against vulnerable groups is pervasive in our media—it is not limited to a few isolated instances or any one media platform."

“Indeed, many large mainstream media corporations regularly air hate speech, and it is prolific on the Internet. Hate speech takes various forms, from words advocating violence to those creating a climate of hate towards vulnerable groups. Cumulatively, hate speech creates an environment of hate and prejudice that legitimizes violence against its targets.”

This bombshell was dropped on Friday just before the Memorial Day weekened, a typical White House tactic for burying a story by releasing it at the end of a news cycle.

The FCC and the White House are calling for the "reinvention of journalism" which means reinventing the 1st Amendment that puts journalism outside of the federal government's authority. ..........................

Sonnabend
06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
WMD's were in IraqThey were.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - when everyone else sits on their ass and does nothing.
- Sonnabend

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours, especially by the liberal mainstream media.
- Sonnabend

Just some fixes to the US bashing sigs of yours , warpig.

Hunter S Thompson?

Erk :rolleyes:

warpig
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
They were.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - when everyone else sits on their ass and does nothing.
- Sonnabend

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours, especially by the liberal mainstream media.
- Sonnabend

Just some fixes to the US bashing sigs of yours , warpig.

Hunter S Thompson?

Erk :rolleyes:

Interesting I never considered them or myself to be US bashing.............Incompetent establishment bashing, over bloated/self centered government bashing, walk in step/parroting media bashing........yeah, but never US bashing.

Sonnabend
06-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Interesting I never considered them or myself to be US bashing.............Incompetent establishment bashing, over bloated/self centered government bashing, walk in step/parroting media bashing........yeah, but never US bashing.

There were WMD in Iraq.
He had them.
He used them.
He was after more.

FlaGator
06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
There were WMD in Iraq.
He had them.
He used them.
He was after more.

Just playing devil's advocate here but what is the possibility that Sadam used up his WMDs and that is why they weren't found?

Sonnabend
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Just playing devil's advocate here but what is the possibility that Sadam used up his WMDs and that is why they weren't found?There is more than enough intel to show he planned to continue his work in this area, and was after more weapons. He stalled to a degree yes, but he was buying time. Had the UN been its usual useless self and the USA not invaded, Saddam would be in possession of a lot more materials, and working as he did with Syria, would have had access to a large range of WMD and developement facilities.

Syria, btw, is busy working on VX nerve gas and delivery systems, amongst other things.

And nuclear enrichment.

Jfor
06-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Just playing devil's advocate here but what is the possibility that Sadam used up his WMDs and that is why they weren't found?

Or they weren't found because they were sent Syria prior to the invasion. Care to explain the 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium? BTW, wasn't there a report about Hussein(Saddam, not Barack) trying to get yellowcake uranium from a country in Africa?

warpig
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Or they weren't found because they were sent Syria prior to the invasion. Care to explain the 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium? BTW, wasn't there a report about Hussein(Saddam, not Barack) trying to get yellowcake uranium from a country in Africa?

The basis for the whole Valerie Plame situation. I agree there were WMD's, parts of WMD's, materials that were most likely moved to Syria, possibly even weapons that remain undiscovered to this day. If you have ever read anything about Saddam especially written prior to 9/11 you would know how patient a man he was. He would have waited for things to blow over and started again.
Back to the quote, if you haven't seen Shooter then it makes no sense, if you have then think of how that whole scene played out........................"when you think you have it figured, your wrong" Levon Helm in Shooter.

Sonnabend
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Then why is this in your sig.

"..........they said artificial sweeteners were safe, WMD's were in Iraq and Anna Nichole married for love.........."

warpig
06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Then why is this in your sig.

Did you see the movie Shooter? That quote is from the scene where they visit Levon Helm and he basically tries to tell them "when you think you know what's going on..........you don't".
I thought maybe this quote from the first part of the scene would lead some to the rest of the quote.

Sonnabend
06-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I've never even heard of the movie you are quoting

Hunter S Thompson was an anti American, liberal jerk and a DU icon.

warpig
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Hunter S Thompson was an anti American, liberal jerk and a DU icon.

Yes he was. But never be afraid to read things written by your enemies. You learn their strengths and weaknesses and how to defeat them.
Look what Patton did to Rommel after he read Rommel's book.

Sonnabend
06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Perhaps.

Just the impression you leave with the sig makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D