PDA

View Full Version : President demonstrates his dog-walking skills

Gingersnap
06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
President demonstrates his dog-walking skills

First dog Bo, leading President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama to a picnic for members of Congress on the South Lawn of the White House, didn't walk politely beside the president on a loose leash.
Bo was was probably anxious to get to the Alaskan Salmon smoked on an open pit that was served for dinner.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ww0nso.jpg

This guy needs better image management skills. :p

Chron (http://blogs.chron.com/apetschronicle/2010/06/president_demonstrates_his_dog_1.html)

Rebel Yell
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I've seen pictures of him walking that dog before. When did he get the one on the leash?

Wei Wu Wei
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
lol

noonwitch
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
That's a hilarious picture.

PoliCon
06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
A little obedience school would help him with his dog . . . . with Bo too ;)

Gingersnap
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Every dog owner has had this experience, of course. Just like every guy has enthusiastically interacted with someone and later discovered that his fly was open. Women have their own mishaps.

What's funny to me is that First Families are fairly well scripted these days. Why didn't a flunky hire a dog trainer (discreetly) and get Bo on board with his First Dog role? Bush's dogs were independent (as Scotties tend to be) but also minimally trained. :D

noonwitch
06-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Every dog owner has had this experience, of course. Just like every guy has enthusiastically interacted with someone and later discovered that his fly was open. Women have their own mishaps.

What's funny to me is that First Families are fairly well scripted these days. Why didn't a flunky hire a dog trainer (discreetly) and get Bo on board with his First Dog role? Bush's dogs were independent (as Scotties tend to be) but also minimally trained. :D

I always liked Bush's dogs. They may have had attitude problems, but they weren't big dogs, so they could be managed. They always looked like they were well-loved and happy.

My last dog, Rosie, was one who pulled on the leash all the time. She did it until she started getting old. Katie doesn't do that, she's a smart elkie.

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I have NEVER tolerated a dog that pulled at his leash. It's not that hard to break them of that bad habit. All you need is a choker and some patience.