PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Friday

linda22003
06-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Hot and sunny. What do you expect?

TOTD: I may bounce out of here early today. As long as I have 40 hours in for the week, it doesn't matter when (or to some extent, where) I do them. If I take personal time, I can do it in one-hour increments.

Do you have a job where you have to be in a certain place at a certain time, or can you (within reason) schedule yourself?

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
We'll be in the low 70s today with rain in the afternoon (we can always use it).

TOTD: I can make my own schedule. As long as the work gets done on time and under budget it doesn't matter much where or when it happens. I try really hard to actually do work at work instead of doing it from home, though. I did the 24/7 on-call thing for 3 years - never again.

FlaGator
06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Hot and sunny...

TOTD: I can pretty much sit my schedule as to when and where I work. I work from home many afternoons and I can come in pretty much when I want to. I tend to start work early around 7:00 a.m. or before and I'll work from home late at night when necessary. Since I switched from a regular employee to a consultant I now get paid by the hour and they don't restrict me from working as much as I want. It's not uncommon to put in 60 to 70 hours in an up development cycle. It sure beats salary.

noonwitch
06-11-2010, 03:03 PM
It's hot, humid and supposed to rain. It looks like it's going to rain, but you never can tell how long it's going to hold off without a doppler radar.

TOTD: I am mostly expected to be at work by 8:30. I'm supposed to report to the office before going in the field, unless I inform my supervisor the day before that I have to be somewhere else in the morning, like court. I actually come in before court, because my office is right around the corner from the court, and I can get a ride from our shuttle van and not have to worry about the scumbags in the project across from the court breaking into my car-it's never happened to me, but it's happened to many of my coworkers.

My office is not really strict about the rule, but I find it is better to just come in first so no one questions about where I am.

lacarnut
06-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Hot & muggy in big B.R.

TOTD: The state has a great leave policy and can be taken in 30 min. increments. I retired to take care of my dad after he had a stroke. My brother and I and the sitter provided around the clock care.

Rockntractor
06-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I can adjust my schedule anyway I need to as long as I get the work done.