PDA

View Full Version : Sting, Soros, Montel and More: We are the Drug Policy Alliance

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0A1XTlJAio

Know who you are in bed with.

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Oxy, Vicodone, and the rest of that legal prescribed stuff that DRs WAY over prescribe is more of a concern to me than weed will ever be. Heck, drunks are worse than stoners, IMO. That is just anecdotal from my neck of the woods.

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm not going listen to a celebutard pitch. Somebody needs to give me the summary. Are they for legalization or against legalization or what?

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm not going listen to a celebutard pitch. Somebody needs to give me the summary. Are they for legalization or against legalization or what?

I didnt listen to it all either, but based on Montel, I think they want weed legalized. Horrors.

warpig
06-11-2010, 10:14 PM
They want the legalization of all drugs.

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
They want the legalization of all drugs.

Sounds good to me. I'm a Libertarian. It would cut the financial heart out of the drug lords and put a healthy dent in terrorism funding. Plus, although we'd have a nasty 6 months, it would substantially reduce the number of non-functional addicts.

*dons flame armor*

:D

lacarnut
06-11-2010, 10:29 PM

A stupid ass video cause they kept saying over and over and over that I am the Drug Policy Alliance. I believe Sting is for legalization of all drugs but none of these kooks stated what drugs they want legalized. So, you are shit out of luck in that respect.

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 10:32 PM
A stupid ass video cause they kept saying over and over and over that I am the Drug Policy Alliance. I believe Sting is for legalization of all drugs but none of these kooks stated what drugs they want legalized. So, you are shit out of luck in that respect.

Darn! I was hoping to shoot heroin this evening before snorting a couple hundred bucks worth of coke. :D

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 10:38 PM
They have a website. http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

Sting states that he believes in the right to "sovereignty over one's mind and body" and that "the war on drugs represents an extraordinary violation of human rights." Montel expresses his view that, "Whether you use drugs or not, you deserve to be treated with kindness and dignity." Soros, meanwhile, explains that he supports the Drug Policy Alliance because the organization "promotes harm reduction" and "fosters debate on drug policy." Anthony Papa talks about his experience spending 12 years in prison for a first time nonviolent drug offense.

patriot45
06-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm a Libertarian. It would cut the financial heart out of the drug lords and put a healthy dent in terrorism funding. Plus, although we'd have a nasty 6 months, it would substantially reduce the number of non-functional addicts.

*dons flame armor*

:D

Just 6 months ya think! :eek:

By the time the druggies get tired of being legal all hell will be brought forth!

When that happens we will see Zombies! :D

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 10:48 PM
They have a website. http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

Sting is the only one who has an argument here. It is a violation of fundamental human rights to coerce or forbid what an individual introduces introduces into his or her body (absent pregnant women who have to balance their rights with the rights of a temporary occupant).

What government or society or business can do is say, "No kissy-kissy for you, if you fail a drug test". No job offer, no welfare, no joint-custody, no cultural applause, and no taxpayer rehab.

That's fair.

Rockntractor
06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
No kissy-kissy?:rolleyes::confused:

patriot45
06-11-2010, 10:53 PM
No kissy-kissy?:rolleyes::confused:

Oink- Baaa!

Rockntractor
06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Oink- Baaa!
I think there is too much fizz in her rootbeer!

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Just 6 months ya think! :eek:

By the time the druggies get tired of being legal all hell will be brought forth!

When that happens we will see Zombies! :D

They will never get tired of it - that's the point. You think there weren't addicts before the FDA got going? There were but almost all of them were functional addicts. They had to be because their families wouldn't support them and there was no safety net to allow them to become degenerates.

Besides, 2 out 3 CUers have been waiting for the zombie apocalypse all our lives. :p

Rockntractor
06-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Besides, 2 out 3 CUers have been waiting for the zombie apocalypse all our lives. :p

I rest my case!:rolleyes:

patriot45
06-11-2010, 11:05 PM
They will never get tired of it - that's the point. You think there weren't addicts before the FDA got going? There were but almost all of them were functional addicts. They had to be because their families wouldn't support them and there was no safety net to allow them to become degenerates.

Gotta agree with the last sentence!!! How long do we have to wait! :D

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
They want EVERYTHING including heroin legalized.

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Gotta agree with the last sentence!!! How long do we have to wait! :D

How long? how long must we sing this song?
How long? how long?

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
As far as I'm concerned - drug addicts are on par with zombies. Neither one can control themselves.

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 11:19 PM
As far as I'm concerned - drug addicts are on par with zombies. Neither one can control themselves.

and alkies... and gambling addicts too.

patriot45
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
How long? how long must we sing this song?
How long? how long?

Just for that , I shot out a streetlight! :D I'm eggin them on!

Here zombie, c'mere boy!:D Bang!

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:23 PM
and alkies... and gambling addicts too.

Don't talk to me about alkies right now. :mad: The drunk bastard who totaled my car and was driving a 2008 Mercedes BTW - only had 10000 in limited liability coverage. SO I'm prolly going to have to sue his bastard ass to get what he owes me. :mad: I mean sure my car was a 95 - but damn it - I took care of it and it was MINE and It's going to be hell to replace. They Don't make Camry wagon's anymore.

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Don't talk to me about alkies right now. :mad: The drunk bastard who totaled my car and was driving a 2008 Mercedes BTW - only had 10000 in limited liability coverage. SO I'm prolly going to have to sue his bastard ass to get what he owes me. :mad: I mean sure my car was a 95 - but damn it - I took care of it and it was MINE and It's going to be hell to replace. They Don't make Camry wagon's anymore.

You absolutely should sue. Sounds like the drunk can afford to pay. Your insurance company should do all that for you, right?? Start a whiny thread, and update us to let us know how it turns out.... or maybe you already did? I will check.. :)

patriot45
You absolutely should sue. Sounds like the drunk can afford to pay. Your insurance company should do all that for you, right?? Start a whiny thread, and update us to let us know how it turns out.... or maybe you already did? I will check.. :)

All her threads are whiny threads! :D

PoliCon

I did already.

Jumpy
06-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I did already.

sorry.... i am reading it now.. I am not on as often as I was. I hope the bastard has to make things right.

I drive older (paid for) vehicles too, and would be in a bind if mine were totaled by underinsureds.

Gingersnap
06-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Heroin was legal. But why would most addicts go to the bother of injection when laudanum did the same thing for less expense and with fewer side-effects? Contemporary heroin addicts get introduced to the drug through their friendly neighborhood dealer and they want to try it because of the cultural edginess.

100 years ago heroin addicts (what few there were) were habituated to the drug by their physicians - not their buddies in the 'the hood'.

PoliCon
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
sorry.... i am reading it now.. I am not on as often as I was. I hope the bastard has to make things right.

I drive older (paid for) vehicles too, and would be in a bind if mine were totaled by underinsureds.

I am in a bind. :(

m00
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM

But isn't that true of an addict of anything - gambling, food, sex, whatever?

wilbur
06-12-2010, 09:11 AM

This is far less scary, then most think at first - reasonable people don't avoid heroin because it is illegal, they avoid it because its incredibly fucking dangerous, and its an unacceptable risk to their life.

People who do heroin don't care whether its legal or not.