PDA

View Full Version : Pac-10 to become the Pac-16?

MountainMan
06-11-2010, 10:06 PM
College football is now a wild, new numbers game. The Big Ten officially added Nebraska to become 12 teams, while the Big 12 officially has lost two schools (Nebraska and Colorado) to drop to 10.

Meanwhile, the Pacific-10 had 10 members on Wednesday, 11 on Thursday after it added Colorado and is on a fast track to becoming the Pac-16 after it invites five more teams from the Big 12: Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. ChicagoTribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0612-pac-10-big-ten-expansion-20100611,0,2447618.story)

Well, the days of the SEC dominating the crooked BCS are now numbered..... The Pac-16 will now compete to dominate the crooked BCS as well... :rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
06-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Well yeah, but....they still don't play anybody......

marv
06-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Oklahoma to the PAC10? Nebraska to the little10? http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/images/smilies/BangHead.gif

No more college football for me!!!!!!!!!!

fettpett
06-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Woot! Big 10 Football just got much better! I'm hoping that Missiouri, ND, Rutgers join

marv
06-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Woot! Big 10 Football just got much better! I'm hoping that Missiouri, ND, Rutgers join
Nebraska's been on a downhill slide for a while, but I guess that's good enough for the little10. Missouri's been improving, and god knows the little10 will need that!

All that aside, what's happening to college football? I know, I know, it's all about MONEY. But with tuitions what they are, and government grants........?

fettpett
06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Nebraska's been on a downhill slide for a while, but I guess that's good enough for the little10. Missouri's been improving, and god knows the little10 will need that!

All that aside, what's happening to college football? I know, I know, it's all about MONEY. But with tuitions what they are, and government grants........?

well at lest Texas will be able to dominate the PAC conference for the next 20+ years. or at lest till USC gets out from under it's sanctions.

Nebraska fits the Big 10 far better than it did the Big 12. Probably the only reason they didn't join the Big 10 was they weren't expanding at the time. The Big 10 has become a much more competitive Conference now though and much more relevant. That will help everyone, even if they have a harder time recruiting from Texas