PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Beer Commercials During Friday Night Fights

Speedy
06-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Anyone here a fan of ESPN's Friday Night Fights? Mexicans are huge boxing fans and many great champions have come from south of the border. ESPN caters to it's Mexican audience by running commercials in Spanish every couple of breaks during it's boxing telecasts.

One that has struck me with it's message is Tecate Beer. The commercial narrator says," This Tecate is for those who achieve through hard work. Through reaching for what is out of reach. For those who know where the best things are." While the narration is going on clips are shown of boxers training for a fight. Factory workers building things. A family party and what really seemed inspiring a pickup truck stopped at a Y intersection with one fork reading Los Angeles and the other Mexico. The driver glances at an American flag and Mexican flag on his dash board then turns toward LA.

With immigration such a hot topic right now, I really do not mind immigrants coming over (legally of course) if they eschew the values shown in those commercials.

PoliCon
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
you know that eschew means to shun or avoid right?

Speedy
06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
you know that eschew means to shun or avoid right?

I know...now! :D

PoliCon
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I know...now! :D

OK ;) glad to help.

RobJohnson
06-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Anyone here a fan of ESPN's Friday Night Fights? Mexicans are huge boxing fans and many great champions have come from south of the border. ESPN caters to it's Mexican audience by running commercials in Spanish every couple of breaks during it's boxing telecasts.

One that has struck me with it's message is Tecate Beer. The commercial narrator says," This Tecate is for those who achieve through hard work. Through reaching for what is out of reach. For those who know where the best things are." While the narration is going on clips are shown of boxers training for a fight. Factory workers building things. A family party and what really seemed inspiring a pickup truck stopped at a Y intersection with one fork reading Los Angeles and the other Mexico. The driver glances at an American flag and Mexican flag on his dash board then turns toward LA.

With immigration such a hot topic right now, I really do not mind immigrants coming over (legally of course) if they eschew the values shown in those commercials.

I've never had a Tecate beer. One of my good friends would order one anytime we were in a mexican resturant that served beer and he never really drank any other time.