PDA

View Full Version : Genetics To Solve Why Ozzy Osbourne Still Alive

MountainMan
06-14-2010, 03:45 PM
The mystery of why rocker Ozzy Osbourne is still alive after decades of drug and alcohol abuse may finally be solved, reported The (London) Sunday Times.

The 61-year-old former Black Sabbath lead singer is to become one of only a few people in the world to have his full genome sequenced.

Link (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/weird/genetics-to-solve-why-ozzy-osbourne-still-alive-dpgonc-km-20100613_8073857)

SSSHHHHHAAAARRRRROOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Gingersnap
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I know that it completely subverts contemporary thought but smoking, drinking, drugging, random sex, and other assorted modern sins aren't a one-way ticket into an early grave. People vary in their tolerance for these things and these things aren't as instantly lethal as Surgeon General would like us to believe.

Rebel Yell
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I know that it completely subverts contemporary thought but smoking, drinking, drugging, random sex, and other assorted modern sins aren't a one-way ticket into an early grave. People vary in their tolerance for these things and these things aren't as instantly lethal as Surgeon General would like us to believe.

Back when I was doing all those things, my excuse was.....

If you introduce sooooo much bad shit into your system and learn to cope with it, a little virus don't stand a chance of surviving in my bloodstream.

MountainMan
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM

You stop that heretic!!!! Ozzy's genetic makeup is proof of the fountain of youth.......:D

Gingersnap
06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
You stop that heretic!!!! Ozzy's genetic makeup is proof of the fountain of youth.......:D

Or a pact with Satan.

MountainMan
06-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Or a pact with Satan.

Skeptic........... :rolleyes::D

FlaGator
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I was watching Keith Richards a few months back and it dawned on me that his age has finally caught up with his looks and he seems to have a normal appearance now.

Articulate_Ape
06-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I was watch Keith Richards a few months back and it dawned on me that his age has finally caught up with his looks and he seems to have a normal appearance now.

Yeah, for a mummy.

Tecate
06-14-2010, 10:08 PM
When Black Sabbath was recording their 1975 album Sabotage (my favorite of their catalog BTW) by their own account, they were doing cocaine by the soapbox full. They spent more on coke than all of the costs associated with recording the album. I'm sure Warner Bros. was quite pleased.

I read that in a magazine quite a long time ago...

Tecate
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I was watching Keith Richards a few months back and it dawned on me that his age has finally caught up with his looks and he seems to have a normal appearance now.
As long as Keith Richards is still walking on this planet, no one should be scrutinizing anything about Ozzy Osbourne or anything he's done in his life.

noonwitch
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I think it's the bat's blood that keeps him from aging.

My brother used "The Osbournes" as an anti-drug movie, when he was guardian of a troubled teenaged boy at one point. He'd make him watch it and tell him "Is that what you want to be like when you are in your 50s? Stupid and hardly able to talk?". It didn't dawn on my brother that as much as those things were true, Ozzy is still living in a mansion and has a wife who takes care of everything for him.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
06-15-2010, 06:43 PM
As long as Keith Richards is still walking on this planet, no one should be scrutinizing anything about Ozzy Osbourne or anything he's done in his life.

I'd vote for Keith if he ran for President. The man's taken switchblades to producers throat threatening them if they didn't get the sound of a Stones' album right, and paid a Spanish drug dealer to ''get rid'' of a guy who ratted on his girlfriend which led to her being imprisoned and raped repeatedly while there. If he could do that to minor league people, imagine what he could do to our enemies.

Gingersnap
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd vote for Keith if he ran for President. The man's taken switchblades to producers throat threatening them if they didn't get the sound of a Stones' album right, and paid a Spanish drug dealer to ''get rid'' of a guy who ratted on his girlfriend which led to her being imprisoned and raped repeatedly while there. If he could do that to minor league people, imagine what he could do to our enemies.

Light up a joint and then light up Mecca? Probably not as cool as it sounds.

On the other hand, his State of the State speeches could easily be converted into a gibberish drinking game.