PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Tuesday

Rockntractor
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
81 F | 72 F T-storms
90% chance of precipitation
Looks like we could possibly get more rain today. There is not much I can do today but I will go to Leonard and see if the roads are okay or if I need to do any quick repairs. I have a project in Jenks too, but Im sure that property is flooded; it is by a creek that is notorious for getting out of its banks.

TOTD: Do you like storms or do they scare you. If I am in a dry place with the electricity on I actually enjoy thunderstorms but I dont really enjoy cleaning up the damage they can cause.

linda22003
06-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I love storms - with the possible exception of when I was in our "sunroom" and a lightning strike in the back yard took down a large tree. The strike was so close it blinded me for a few moments, and the bark was stripped cleanly off the tree.

Gingersnap
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
We'll hit the very low 80s today and we will dry out finally. The grass is looking terrific - also, the weeds.

TOTD: I'm fine with storms as long as they aren't destructive. I love a good white-out or a fierce thunderstorm. You can forget the branch-breaker snow storms or the killer hail.

We were going to go to a garden party this weekend organized by some friends who had just finished Stage 1 of a multi-year landscaping project. This was a big deal for them - they were having it catered and they hired a professional photographer for the event.

It was all destroyed last week by killer hail. The new infrastructure is still there but all the new plantings are dead and the other trees, shrubs, and perennials have been stripped to the stems. The party was canceled, obviously. I know exactly how they feel. :(

movie buff
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
If I'm inside a warm, dry house, I enjoy them (Assuming it's just a thunderstorm, that it doesn't become anything worse).

noonwitch
06-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Mid 70s. It was supposed to rain, but it's sunny at the moment.

I was terrified of thunderstorms when I was a kid. I'm not anymore, but my dog is, so I still can't sleep if there is a storm in the middle of the night.

seehorse
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes we may have rain! I am so happy.. I moved out of California 5 years ago. Lived there all my life. It had two seasons. Wind and Fire season! Now I live in the mountains. I have seasons!! Lightning thunder heavy late evening. The rain on the tin roof is also neat.!!!:eek:

lacarnut
06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Lightning and thunderstorm are neat especially if I am in a high rise Condo on the beach. Lightning dancing over the water in the Gulf of Mexico is spectacular.

Kay
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I love stormy weather.

Bubba Dawg
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Give me a good storm and I'm happy.

We were staying on the coast a couple of years ago. A hurricane was skirting the coast nearby. We elected to stay instead of evacuate the island. It was only a category one and we didn't get a direct hit but it was magnificent.

Had it been over a two we'da been outa there.

RobJohnson
06-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Lightning and thunderstorm are neat especially if I am in a high rise Condo on the beach. Lightning dancing over the water in the Gulf of Mexico is spectacular.

That sounds like a good view even if there is not a thunderstorm.