PDA

View Full Version : Vaccination Records

ralph wiggum
06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I was informed last week that there have been measles & mumps outbreaks in the Midwest. Since I work in a healthcare setting, although not directly with patients, I had to provide my employer a vaccination history. I was completely shocked to find out that my Mom still had such records.

I realized why I hated shots & drawing blood for the first two-thirds of my life...I had a LOT of shots when I was a kid.

Do you have access to such records or do you even know where they are?

Gingersnap
06-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Sure, for grown-up vaccinations. Not for baby shots. I've had a lot of vaccinations as an adult simply because I worked in settings that had a high potential for infection.

Calypso Jones
06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
I saved everything for my kids and then gave it to them when they set up housekeeping. As for myself. I've had such bad luck with doctors that my records are somewhere or lost. The last doctor i had lost his license for taking advantage of a mentally impaired patient. I never had trouble with him. He is practicing in Scotland now.

Articulate_Ape
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I've had a lot of vaccinations as an adult simply because I worked in settings that had a high potential for infection.

I bet you have. :D

Jumpy
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
My mother would still have all of our records. We needed proof of them as children, whenever we went to summer camp.

ralph wiggum
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
My mother would still have all of our records. We needed proof of them as children, whenever we went to summer camp.

The records that my mom found were from junior high, that listed all of my vaccinations. I think it was for a physical to play Jr. High sports.

JB
06-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gingersnap
I've had a lot of vaccinations as an adult simply because I worked in settings that had a high potential for infection.

I bet you have. :DDo you purposefully set yourself up for such replies or are you just oblivious at times?

PS - Good one Ape. :D

Articulate_Ape
06-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you purposefully set yourself up for such replies or are you just oblivious at times?

She has already condemned me to everlasting damnation, so I figure what do I have to lose? :D

Gingersnap
06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Do you purposefully set yourself up for such replies or are you just oblivious at times?

Oblivious. Those of us who are pure as the driven snow get blindsided a lot. :D

RobJohnson
06-17-2010, 02:01 AM
I was informed last week that there have been measles & mumps outbreaks in the Midwest. Since I work in a healthcare setting, although not directly with patients, I had to provide my employer a vaccination history. I was completely shocked to find out that my Mom still had such records.

I realized why I hated shots & drawing blood for the first two-thirds of my life...I had a LOT of shots when I was a kid.

Do you have access to such records or do you even know where they are?

I doubt I could obtain such records and those doctors have retired or died. :D

Up until this past two years I really have not had any vacinations as an adult. But since I took my years of sales & customer service skills to a job in healthcare, my exposure is high. The bonus has been being flu free for a year also!

I get to work directly with patients, some are old crabby people and others are addicted to C II drugs....good times.

noonwitch
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
The state governments now keeps all of the immunization records in their databanks. I can pull them up on any child who is on my caseload, through the network. So can the schools, but it is still good to have the form from the doctor, because it can take a month or so for the most recent shots to get registered in the system.

Probably most of us who were kids in the 60s, 70s or 80s aren't on the database, but everyone born past 1990 or so is. If you've actually received any immunizations as an adult for travel or whatever, they might be on it, I don't know.