PDA

View Full Version : Proud Godmother

linda22003
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I just got back from a post-graduation lunch celebrating my goddaughter's graduation from a good private school here in the Washington area. The weather was threatening, but held off during the entire ceremony. It was a good day for Washington People-Watching, too - Ted Leonsis had a daughter graduating, so he was there with Steve Case, his old buddy from AOL days. Others with children graduating were Don Beyer, (our former Lt. Gov.), Terry McAuliffe, and George Will. It was a nice ceremony, everyone was dressed up and on best behavior, and it was just a happy, happy time for us and our friends.

Gingersnap
06-16-2010, 02:36 PM
It sounds wonderful! :)

linda22003
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
It really was. Everyone was dressed up and civilized; the glee club even sang "Gaudeamus Igitur", and I remembered the words. :) Speaking of "Glee", George Will's son looks like a blond version of Kurt! :)

Constitutionally Speaking
06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Glad you had a good time. Congrats to your goddaughter!

Rockntractor
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
You have had a great week, first your birthday and now your granddaughters party!:)

linda22003
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
You have had a great week, first your birthday and now your granddaughters party!:)

GODdaughter, not GRANDdaughter. :rolleyes: Thank you - it has been great!

Rockntractor
06-16-2010, 08:13 PM
GODdaughter, not GRANDdaughter. :rolleyes: Thank you - it has been great!

I know better than that!:confused:

SaintLouieWoman
06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Sounds wonderful, glad you had a splendid day. Congrats to the proud parents and godmother---and to the young lady, of course.

RobJohnson
06-17-2010, 02:40 AM
I just got back from a post-graduation lunch celebrating my goddaughter's graduation from a good private school here in the Washington area. The weather was threatening, but held off during the entire ceremony. It was a good day for Washington People-Watching, too - Ted Leonsis had a daughter graduating, so he was there with Steve Case, his old buddy from AOL days. Others with children graduating were Don Beyer, (our former Lt. Gov.), Terry McAuliffe, and George Will. It was a nice ceremony, everyone was dressed up and on best behavior, and it was just a happy, happy time for us and our friends.

Sounds like she has a solid education to build on.

linda22003
06-17-2010, 04:01 AM
She's going to a very good college in the fall, after a summer in the country where her father is with our State department. Yep, she's got a solid foundation and she'll do well with it. :)

SarasotaRepub
06-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Congrats Linda, glad you had a nice time. :)