PDA

View Full Version : Spot Bot

SaintLouieWoman
06-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Right now we're listening to the not so melodious tones of the Bissell Pet Spot Bot. It just came today; ordered it from Amazon.com after looked up the reviews.

The lovely previous owners of the home obviously let their little white pooch in the guest bedroom, a lot. When we moved in, mysterious spots kept cropping up. They weren't wet, so knew it wasn't our guys. Besides, they were little spots, the type small dogs would have left.

They must have had a quickie, cheapie cleaning of the carpets that didn't get the spots out. It was eerie every day to have more and more spots appear.

I had a couple people look at them, as I was afraid they might be mold. The concensus was dog urine. Ugh.

We ordered the Spot Bot. It seems to be taking the spots out, but only takes them out one at a time. I know we'll use up the bottles that came with the cleaner.

I have to admit that it's much easier pushing the switch to "set in stains" and letting the thing scrub away. The only problem is we now have a polka dot carpet, with very clean circular areas surrounded by grungy. I know we'll have to give in and have the carpet cleaned professionally, but want those lousy spots out first.

Has anyone else used one of those mini-cleaners like the Spot Bot?

Constitutionally Speaking
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
We like ours.

SaintLouieWoman
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM
We like ours.

Do you have problems with it leaving the little clean spots amidst a sea of dirty carpeting? Have no idea how the carpet went from clean looking when we were first looking at the house to absolutely filty spots in the entrances to each of the bedroom (plus the bajillions of spots from the dog in the one room).

Is there a secret to unify those circles?

Gingersnap
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Before you call in the pros, why not rent a rug cleaner and see if it will "unify" everything? Just do all the spots with your spot machine and then go over the whole thing once or twice with a Rug Doctor. They aren't much to rent and they do a good job.

Kay
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I have a carpet shampooing devise that bissell makes. I do my whole
house with it about once a month. It works great and is really easy to use.
Both my dogs use the doggie door, but still just with them coming and going
from outside and tracking stuff in, I like to clean mine regularly with it.

I think I paid about $250 for it. This is what I have:

http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/images/thumbnails/bissell9400.jpg

http://www.svcvacuum.com/images_svc/bissell/bissell%20steamer%20parts/bissell%20shampoo/BI-4005776b.jpg

SarasotaRepub
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Yikes Kay! That thing looks like it could take a 20mm cannon hit and keep on going. :eek::D

Constitutionally Speaking
06-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Do you have problems with it leaving the little clean spots amidst a sea of dirty carpeting? Have no idea how the carpet went from clean looking when we were first looking at the house to absolutely filty spots in the entrances to each of the bedroom (plus the bajillions of spots from the dog in the one room).

Is there a secret to unify those circles?

We built our house and have all new carpet, so we don't have this issue. I think the best plan for your problem is to go over the entire carpet extremely well with a larger commercial type machine.

SaintLouieWoman
06-17-2010, 07:46 AM
We built our house and have all new carpet, so we don't have this issue. I think the best plan for your problem is to go over the entire carpet extremely well with a larger commercial type machine.

I'm going to try evening out the spots with the little manual attachment on the spot bot. A larger machine definitely will be the way to go, however. The carpet is all very light, which isn't a choice I would have made for 3 greyhounds running through the house, particularly Blue who falls a lot and gets blood spots on the carpet when he nicks his paws. That comes out easily with a spray of carpet cleaner. Until we replace this stuff we'll have to just keep cleaning and cleaning.

Blue is 11 years old and periodically has tummy upsets. Between that and the blood from the scrapes, guess we'll just wait for a while to replace any carpet. We only have carpet in the 3 bedrooms.

Kay's cleaner looks awesome.