PDA

View Full Version : Woman in Edwards saga known for being part of high-profile scenes

LibraryLady
08-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Woman in Edwards saga known for being part of high-profile scenes (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/08/08/20080808edwards-hunter0808-ON.html)

Rielle Hunter is Lisa Druck who was Alison Poole!

RALEIGH, N.C. - For all the high-profile scenes she has been a part of for two decades, Rielle Hunter has proved to be an evasive figure these past nine months.

From the New York City literary world of the 80s to Hollywood in the 90s to this decade's boutique spiritual retreats, she has accumulated few friends and acquaintances willing to talk about her.

Hunter is the woman with whom former Sen. John Edwards on Friday acknowledged having had an affair. Edwards denied the National Enquirer's claims that he is the father of the baby girl Hunter delivered in February, and that he has paid her hush money.

As Lisa Druck, she was a Florida girl from the time she was born in Fort Lauderdale until she left in 1984, after spending less than two years enrolled at the University of Tampa. By 1987, she had ended up in the hard-partying New York circle of novelist Jay McInerney.

McInerney, whose books portrayed the cocaine-fueled atmosphere of New York City in the 1980s, based his third novel, Story of My Life, on his time with Druck and their friends. One character, Alison Poole, was specifically modeled after her, McInerney said in a 2005 magazine article. He said that she had "intrigued and appalled" him.

She has quite a past!

LibraryLady
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
UPDATE!!!

Mistress' Family Challenges Edwards to Take DNA Test (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5546813&page=1)
Sister of Other Woman in Edwards Affair: 'Stop Bad-Mouthing My Sister'

The family of John Edwards' former mistress, Rielle Hunter, is challenging the former senator to take a DNA paternity test after his claim that he did not father Hunter's six-month old child.

In the first reaction from Hunter's family, her younger sister Melissa told ABC News that Edwards should immediately follow through on his pledge to take a paternity test.

"I would challenge him to do so," the sister said. "Somebody must stand up and defend my sister," she said. "I wish that those involved would refrain from bad-mouthing my sister."

I had a feeling something was coming. NE said Hunter is in LOVE with Edwards and basically waiting....:mad:

SaintLouieWoman
08-09-2008, 10:50 AM
She sounds diametrically opposite Elizabeth Edwards. John Edwards, the Breck girl, obviously has the "John Boy" image for public consumption.

SaintLouieWoman
08-09-2008, 10:53 AM
UPDATE!!!

Mistress' Family Challenges Edwards to Take DNA Test (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5546813&page=1)
Sister of Other Woman in Edwards Affair: 'Stop Bad-Mouthing My Sister'

I had a feeling something was coming. NE said

Hunter is in LOVE with Edwards and basically waiting....:mad:

The timing is sooo bad for them. I guess Elizabeth didn't accomodate them and die quickly enough.

I dislike most politicians on both sides of the aisle. There's something about the power they have that stokes their already inflated egos.

It was so unnecessary for that sleze Edwards to keep saying he didn't love her. Talk about inserting the knife and twisting it. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
The timing is sooo bad for them. I guess Elizabeth didn't accomodate them and die quickly enough.

I dislike most politicians on both sides of the aisle. There's something about the power they have that stokes their already inflated egos.

It was so unnecessary for that sleze Edwards to keep saying he didn't love her. Talk about inserting the knife and twisting it. :rolleyes:

If he is the father, pretty boy is going to have to pay a pretty price for his indiscretions. His mistress will ride this gravy train to the tune of millions. Even though I think Liz is a liar also, I do have compassion for anyone that gets cancer. My mom kicked cancer twice.

Elspeth
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM

I know! What on earth made him feel that that would make things all better?

OwlMBA
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/johnedwardsaffair.jpg

That horse's face is all the better he can do?

Jumpy
08-09-2008, 07:15 PM

I guess he was trying to protect his wife... little too little too late though. It is very possible that he didn't love her, even though she may have been madly in love with him.

The mistress is certainly no victim though. Interesting that she denies that Edwards is the father, and yet no name is on the BirthCertificate.

Looks like everybody comes out the loser here. Mostly Mrs. Edwards and her children.

Jumpy
08-09-2008, 09:01 PM

That horse's face is all the better he can do?That is not a flattering pic.. she has done interviews, and she is very attractive. Man.. the worst thing a woman can do is have an affair with a powerful politician. How STUPID!!

AlmostThere
08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
The woman's family may have urged JE to submit DNA but the mistress says she and her daughter will not now or in the future participate in a paternity test.

These idiots just make it to easy.

LibraryLady
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Edwards, ever the sleazy lawyer:

And letís re-examine what he told ABC News before Hunterís latest announcement: ďI would welcome participating in a paternity test. Iím only one side of the test, but Iím happy to participate in one.Ē

The reasonable conclusion to be drawn: Edwards already coordinated his statements with Hunter before he went public with them. He told ABC News that he would be willing to take a paternity test knowing full damn well that Hunter herself would later refuse to take one. That way, he could pretend to be putting everything out in the open, when in fact, he is still a lying sack of crap.

Why is Hunter doing this? Only one of two reasons. (1) She still wants to protect Edwards, and naively thinks that the truth can still be hidden; or (2) She is still being paid off by Edwards and/or his political operatives and needs to take this position because she still wants to collect the money.

http://patterico.com/

Isn't she lining in a 3 million $ house? NE is right, she's waiting out Elizabeth. John and Rielle deserve each other. Two scumbags.

SaintLouieWoman
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM

That horse's face is all the better he can do?

Better than Bubba did, and he was president then. She sort of reminds me of Camilla Parker Bowles---Prince Charles wife. :eek:

LibraryLady
08-09-2008, 11:31 PM
The Duke and Duchess of Edwards

SaintLouieWoman
08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
The Duke and Duchess of Edwards

But wait, he's for the common people---who don't live in a huge mega-mansion like he has. Edwards has the common touch, sadly very common.

Hope his poor wife is handling this. She didn't deserve this. Too bad he couldn't keep those pants zipped. :rolleyes: