PDA

View Full Version : If you could turn back time. Monday.

Rebel Yell
06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
If you could go back in thime and live during any other era what would it be?

Gingersnap
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
It's cloudy and cool at the moment but we'll get into the 80s today.

TOTD: That's hard to say, I have a lot of varied interests involving different historical periods. If I had to live in another period permanently, I guess I'd take the post-WWII era right here in the U.S.A. ;)

NJCardFan
06-21-2010, 01:05 PM
90 degrees and clear today.

For me it would be either colonial America or WWII era America.

FlaGator
06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Florida: Hot, afternoon thunderstorms...

TOTD: I would like to go all the way back to last Saturday night through Sunday morning and relive that era.

Shannon
06-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Florida: Hot, afternoon thunderstorms...

TOTD: I would like to go all the way back to last Saturday night through Sunday morning and relive that era.

I'm not sure that could be construed as an "era". ;)

FlaGator
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure that could be construed as an "era". ;)

You may be right, but an era could in the in the mind of the beholder. :D

Kay
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Early 1800's pre-civil war days.

noonwitch
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
It's kind of warm today, around 85 or so. It's fireworks night in Detroit-yes, I know it's a week and a half early. It's even a week early for Dominion Day-the Detroit/Windsor fireworks are supposed to be a joint celebration of the two holidays. Target sponsors them, now, and they pick the day.

TOTD: I'm partial to any era with running water and electricity. That being the case, I'd prefer to live in the Minoan civilization (before Santorini blew and destroyed it all). They had running water and a religion based on female domination. Nobody had electricity before the late 19th century.

marinejcksn
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
TOTD: This is too hard to choose just one period in time. I'll give my top 3:

1. 1775. Continental Congress, Jefferson drafting the Constitution, the Birth of our Nation.

2. 1848. Travel to Europe and dropkick Marx in the balls while he's writing the Communist Manifesto.

3. 1964. Meet Barry Goldwater.

:D

m00
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM

Do I get to pick my social class in this era?

PoliCon
06-21-2010, 11:23 PM
That would depend on my social status . . . . Rome during the early empire would be an interesting place to live - if I was a patrician . . . . not so much as a plebe . . . . I would truly love to see Constantinople at the height of it's power and majesty. . . . But I think I'd settle for the roaring 20s.

Rockntractor
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
That would depend on my social status . . . . Rome during the early empire would be an interesting place to live - if I was a patrician . . . . not so much as a plebe . . . . I would truly love to see Constantinople at the height of it's power and majesty. . . . But I think I'd settle for the roaring 20s.
Poli in Rome, I can see it now the world famous dwarf castrato!:D

Sonnabend
06-22-2010, 05:46 AM

Back to my HS days, with my memory intact. I would LOVE to be able to sit and tell the idiots I went to school with, what was coming.

I'd by Microsoft shares, IBM shares and make a killing :D

NJCardFan
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Back to my HS days, with my memory intact. I would LOVE to be able to sit and tell the idiots I went to school with, what was coming.

I'd by Microsoft shares, IBM shares and make a killing :D

This reminds me of the movie Frequency when Jim Caviezel's character is communicating with his father 30 years in the past using a Ham radio and he tells his friend(and not himself as a kid for some reason) to remember the word Yahoo.