PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

Gingersnap
06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, is expected to leave his job later this year after growing tired of the "idealism" of Barack Obama's inner circle.

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Published: 10:00PM BST 20 Jun 2010

Washington insiders say he will quit within six to eight months in frustration at their unwillingness to "bang heads together" to get policy pushed through.

Mr Emanuel, 50, enjoys a good working relationship with Mr Obama but they are understood to have reached an understanding that differences over style mean he will serve only half the full four-year term.

Friends say he is also worried about burnout and losing touch with his young family due to the pressure of one of most high profile jobs in US politics.

"I would bet he will go after the midterms," said a leading Democratic consultant in Washington. "Nobody thinks it's working but they can't get rid of him – that would look awful. He needs the right sort of job to go to but the consensus is he'll go."

An official from the Bill Clinton era said that "no one will be surprised" if Mr Emanuel left after the midterm elections in November, when the Democratic party will battle to save its majorities in the house of representatives and the senate.

It is well known in Washington that arguments have developed between pragmatic Mr Emanuel, a veteran in Congress where he was known for driving through compromises, and the idealistic inner circle who followed Mr Obama to the White House.

Interesting.

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/7837686/Rahm-Emanuel-expected-to-quit-White-House.html)

ralph wiggum
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
He actually thinks he can beat Mayor Daley to become mayor of Chicago. :rolleyes:

fettpett
06-21-2010, 12:56 PM
just what Chicago needs, another liberal dickhead

DU+NU_Reject
06-21-2010, 01:14 PM
interesting in the sense even the Lemmings can smell defeat...

PoliCon
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
They deserve to loose.

FlaGator
06-21-2010, 01:34 PM
The fact that they are banging heads explains a lot about this administration.

Apocalypse
06-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Emanuel Leaving White House?

Reported: 10:31 AM - Jun/21/10
Follow Israel news briefs on Twitter and Facebook

The British newspaper The Daily Telegraph claims White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel will leave position within half a year.

Emanuel’s abrasive nature has riled many in Washington and he is believed to be responsible for a lot of the tension between Israel and the US.

Some word is obama plans on tossing him below the bus and blame it all on him. That all the tension between every one was Rham's doing.

Kay
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Getting rid of him would be the first thing Barry's done right since being elected.

DU+NU_Reject
06-21-2010, 04:11 PM
They deserve to loose.

It isn't much of a case "if" or "deserve" but WHEN... :cool:

lacarnut
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
It isn't much of a case "if" or "deserve" but WHEN... :cool:

4 months in politics is a long time off but I do not see how the Democrats could not avoid a slaughter in Nov.
If that happens, Repubs better get off their dead ass and start reversing funding for health care, bail outs, etc. It won't be pretty in 012 if there are no results. The Tea Party is only going to get stronger.

bijou
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
President Barack Obama's chief of staff, then a congressman in Illinois, apparently attempted to trade favors with embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich while he was in office, according to newly disclosed e-mails obtained by The Associated Press.

Emanuel agreed to sign a letter to the Chicago Tribune supporting Blagojevich in the face of a scathing editorial by the newspaper that ridiculed the governor for self-promotion. Within hours, Emanuel's own staff asked for a favor of its own: The release of a delayed $2 million grant to a school in his district. ...

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Rahm-Traded-Favors-with-Blago-Report-96812049.html#ixzz0rW94cvEN

Could be the reason why.

Right-Wing Conspirator
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Rahm-Traded-Favors-with-Blago-Report-96812049.html#ixzz0rW94cvEN

Could be the reason why.

When all that Blago shit first hit, I said it would reach all the way into the White House, and I thought it was a very safe bet that one of Dr. Zero's inner circle would be directly affected...and I was thinking Emmanuel. This doesn't surprise me at all.

ColonialMarine0431
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
He misses his Tutus and ballet slippers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/ColonialMarine/Liberal%20Baiting/Rahm%20Emanuel/rahm-ballet-298.jpg

Right-Wing Conspirator
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
He misses his Tutus and ballet slippers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/ColonialMarine/Liberal%20Baiting/Rahm%20Emanuel/rahm-ballet-298.jpg

I thought about going this route but decided to take the high road.:rolleyes:

warpig
06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

Don't play with my emotions..................

AmPat
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Getting rid of him would be the first thing Barry's done right since being elected.

He'll wait until the right time before the elections in order to maximize the political benefits. His machine will use this as a defense of his policies and a course change. I see this as more political shenannigans from the most corrupt administration this country has ever seen.

PoliCon
06-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I see this as more political shenannigans from the most corrupt administration this country has ever seen.Now now . . . . time will have to tell on that one. You must remember that he is up against the founder of his party for that title . . . .