PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Summer Hobby

Megaguns91
06-23-2010, 05:57 PM
The sun is out, what's your favorite thing to do during the summer?

Anything outside is my preference. I LIVE for sunshine.

Gingersnap
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Gardening and fishing. :)

Megaguns91
06-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Gardening and fishing. :)

What kind of fishing?
And what's your favorite fish to eat?

Rockntractor
06-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Blasting holes in paper.

BadCat
06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Sex on the beach.

Gingersnap
06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
What kind of fishing?
And what's your favorite fish to eat?

I can ( and have) done just about every kind of fishing. I prefer pole fishing in the middle of summer, fly fishing in late spring and early fall with a little spin casting filling things out.

I would say that you cannot beat pan fried trout at breakfast but that carp are a completely underrated fish both in terms of taste and fighting ability. A carp will make you work for every inch.

You do have to keep carp in a big container for a day or two to get all the mud and gunk out of them. You can feed them bread or corn during this time. Then you have to bone them and they about 5 times the number of bones of any other fish. The taste, though, is really wonderful - light, sweet, and flaky. :)

Megaguns91
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I can ( and have) done just about every kind of fishing. I prefer pole fishing in the middle of summer, fly fishing in late spring and early fall with a little spin casting filling things out.

I would say that you cannot beat pan fried trout at breakfast but that carp are a completely underrated fish both in terms of taste and fighting ability. A carp will make you work for every inch.

You do have to keep carp in a big container for a day or two to get all the mud and gunk out of them. You can feed them bread or corn during this time. Then you have to bone them and they about 5 times the number of bones of any other fish. The taste, though, is really wonderful - light, sweet, and flaky. :)

You'd probably enjoy the fishing here. Fresh Halibut is to-die-for.

Rockntractor
06-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Sex on the beach.

Where have you been stranger?

Constitutionally Speaking
06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Fishing of any type, but most of all fly fishing for trout.

Zathras
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Camping and going to the beach with friends.

warpig
06-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Blasting holes in paper.

good choice.

RobJohnson
06-24-2010, 04:34 AM

Carp is gross but there are usually brothers around that will take them off your hands. Black people love 'em! :D

When I was young and did alot of fishing on the Mississippi river there was a fish market in New Boston, IL that had the best smoked carp in the world...it was good, really good.

Now I have to travel to see water and don't really have the patience for fishing.

I do hang out by the pool in the Summer and like to go on day trips. There is a lot of cool stuff to see in Nevada.

lacarnut
06-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Going to the beach.

RobJohnson
06-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Going to the beach.

Did you see this?

Alabama Beach (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/picture/2010/jun/05/gulf-of-mexico-oil-spill?CMP=twt_ipd)