PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann Apologizes for Remarks, Summoned to White House

Odysseus
06-25-2010, 02:30 PM
The top MSNBC commentator is being called to the White House for a face-to-face meeting with President Obama after issuing an apology Tuesday for an panel discussion in which he described the president's latest speech as "...a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

In the panel discussion, Olbermann also said that "Nothing specific at all was said," and "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Olbermann's comments are reverberating through Washington and the media.

Olbermann characterized Obama as unable to convince some of his own supporters that his strategy can win the nation's longest-running environmental catastrophe and appeared dejected that the president didn't know about his commendable record of obsequious brown-nosing.

On Tuesday, Olbermann issued a statement saying: "I extend my sincerest apology for those comments. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Somebody pour me some Kool Aid!"

Olbermann has been called to the White House Situation Room on Wednesday to explain his comments directly to the president, a senior administration official told Fox News. Normally, he would appear on Countdown for a regular suck up session.

Olbermann also called White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and Political Czar David Axelrod late Monday to apologize. Axelrod told the commentator he was deeply disappointed, according to a senior official.

The article says that although Olbermann voted for Obama, and had to have his nose reattached after a presidential colonoscopy found it lodged deeply in the president's rectum, he failed to maintain the appropriate level of obsequious sycophancy that Obama has come to expect from the media.

lacarnut
06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
fixed

linda22003
06-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I think some people might take your "article" seriously, Odysseus. ;)

djones520
06-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Glad I noticed this was in the Humor section. I thought that there was some pretty basic grammer mistakes for a professional article. :p

Odysseus
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I think some people might take your "article" seriously, Odysseus. ;)

Glad I noticed this was in the Humor section. I thought that there was some pretty basic grammer mistakes for a professional article. :p

I was sorely tempted to post it in Breaking News, just to see if anyone picked up on it.