PDA

View Full Version : Woman faces trial over "Hooters" text

Space Gravy
06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Woman faces trial over "Hooters" text

LOGAN, Utah (ABC 4 News) – A woman has been charged with telephone harassment for sending her sister a text message.

The text message to Anna Hansen from her sister Jennifer Willhite was meant to be a joke about Hansen’s cosmetic surgery, according to Willhite’s attorney.

“I think people need to get a thicker skin… there’s no crime that has been committed, we just think it’s ridiculous quite frankly,” attorney Shannon Demler told ABC 4 on Thursday.

The text said that because of Hansen’s new breast implants, she could now apply for a job at the Hooter’s restaurant. Hansen was offended by the text and went to Smithfield City Police Department with her complaint.

Authorities charged Willhite with Electronic Communications Harassment, a Class B Misdemeanor.

A bench trial has been set for July 9

Link (http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Woman-faces-trial-over-Hooters-text/sffYW4yi3kC6toPhcK0jFQ.cspx)

Gingersnap
06-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Sibling makes a snarky remark and it's actionable? These are the end days. Her downfall was probably the media. If she had just said the same thing in person, she'd have gotten away with it.

AmPat
06-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Frivolous lawsuit anyone? :confused:

Megaguns91
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Have mercy on our souls. How many people have said something similar if not worse to someone? Too much "feel good" has made it's way into our society.

noonwitch
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Sibling makes a snarky remark and it's actionable? These are the end days. Her downfall was probably the media. If she had just said the same thing in person, she'd have gotten away with it.

My sister and I are going to now file a class-action lawsuit against our brother, alleging emotional and physical harm from the loogies he dangled over our faces when he'd pin us down as kids. Not to mention the beatings, kickings, stompings, noogies, humiliating accusations made in front of peers of the misuse of frozen hotdogs-we should be able to get something for our sufferings!

Articulate_Ape
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
My sister and I are going to now file a class-action lawsuit against our brother, alleging emotional and physical harm from the loogies he dangled over our faces when he'd pin us down as kids. Not to mention the beatings, kickings, stompings, noogies, humiliating accusations made in front of peers of the misuse of frozen hotdogs-we should be able to get something for our sufferings!

What brand of hotdogs did you use?

aerojarod
06-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Are kosher hot dogs circumsized?

Articulate_Ape
06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Are kosher hot dogs circumsized?

:D

AmPat
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM

My latent and suppressed liberal tendencies feel your pain.:(

noonwitch
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM

He made allegations that had no basis in reality. I assume that must have been common behavior among the skanks he dated in high school.

There was joke about that on Family Guy, though. I thought that was just my brother's perverse sense of humor, I didn't realize that was something all teenaged boys said.

Articulate_Ape
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
He made allegations that had no basis in reality.

Of course it didn't. ;)