PDA

View Full Version : "So what?" Saturday

PoliCon
07-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Weather - In the 80s. Going swimming later :)

Events: Helping my pastor move today. Still not sure how I feel about that . . . .

TOTD:

While I was at camp this week with the kids a lady from VT at every free moment would corner kids and lecture them on environmentalism and how we were contributing to the destruction of the planet. She finally cornered one of my boys and he looked her straight in the eye and firmly answered: So What? When he told me about it later he told me that he explained to this woman who is new to our church that the camp is not about saving the planet. It's about saving the world. We bring kids here from all over the country not to be lectured inappropriately about environmentalism but to show them the love of Christ and to show kids that there is a better way that what they see on TV and have preached to them by special interest groups in the schools and such. :) Anyhow - she came to me later that night during our regular staff meeting to complain to me about what that young man said - he had already told me all about it - and I couldn't help myself. I listened to what she said, said "so what?" and turned away and started a conversation with someone else.

So - discuss. :D

Have you ever done anything similar?

Was I wrong to prod her so blatantly?

Was she right in trying to bring political messages?

Will the Steelers win number 7 this year?

Shannon
07-03-2010, 11:10 AM

No.

djones520
07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Not that I can think of.

Maybe.

No.

The who?

PoliCon
07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
No.

Are you planning to turn your powers against them? :p

PoliCon
07-03-2010, 11:19 AM
The who?:eek: HEATHEN UNBELIEVER!!!

Shannon
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Are you planning to turn your powers against them? :p

I already have. There will be more trouble for Big Ben soon...

PoliCon
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I already have. There will be more trouble for Big Ben soon...

Oh hell. Which disease did you give him?

Rockntractor
07-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Polican?:confused::eek:

Shannon
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh hell. Which disease did you give him?

Teh Stupid.:D

PoliCon
07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Teh Stupid.:D

Oh GOD!:eek: You slept with him???? ;)

Gingersnap
07-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Gorgeous day - in the 80s, light breeze, minor clouds. This is terrific since I'm throwing a party this evening. The yard looks fabulous. Somebody planted American flags on everybody's property last night. I personally have eight flags deployed. :)

TOTD: Yes, a gal at work has recycling as her religion. She confronted me once about my personal waste basket. When she got cranked up enough to ask me if I "cared" about the planet, I said, "No". A freaking pin could have dropped. She was speechless. I explained that her pathetic office recycling effort was both pointless and inefficient. I also pointed out that I had two composters at home, I cooked from scratch, and I made a lot of my own clothes.

End of story.

Gaia-religion has no place in Christianity. We're stewards, not curators. It's fine to ruin her day over it. If she was promoting promiscuity because everybody does it and it makes people feel good, you wouldn't tolerate that, would you?

I have no views on sports.

Bubba Dawg
07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
the 80s. Going swimming later :)

Nope.

The Jets will win it all.