PDA

View Full Version : Sunda Thread: Celebrating Independence

Bubba Dawg
07-04-2010, 08:36 AM
It wasn't as hot and numid yesterday on the Mountain. We did some yard work.

Happy fourth of July CU'ers.

TOTD: How do you celebrate July 4th?

I've got the flag up. We're having a 4th of July celebration at church today with a picnic afterwards. I'm off tomorrow so we'll grill burgers and hotdogs.

I also like to watch a patriotic movie and will see what documentaries are on. The Revolution is pretty good, at least the episodes I've seen.

Also, music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKhg2g1lmM&feature=pyv&ad=5296622717&kw=patriotic%20songs

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Pouring rain here in Sarasota Bubba, we just had some severe T-Storms blow thru.

Hopefully this rainy weather lets up by tonight.

SLW and I are heading over to my folks house for some grub. :D

djones520
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Sittin at work briefing Air Refueling Tankers who are gonna be refueling guys dropping bombs in A-Stan.

Had me a steak and lobster dinner though. :D

namvet
07-04-2010, 09:45 AM
same here. cooler but raining

TOTD

JMRMW1FXSHw

Kay
07-04-2010, 01:49 PM
http://tsfiles.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/declarationofindependence2.jpg

namvet
07-04-2010, 02:01 PM

send that to DC. they lost their's or rolled it up and smoked it

NJCardFan
07-04-2010, 02:05 PM
send that to DC. they lost their's or rolled it up and smoked it

Wasn't it stolen and used to find the lost treasure of the Free Masons?

One thing for me that breaks my heart is that in the very heart of the fight for our independence, that notion has been so lost. NJ, PA, DE, MA, NY, MD are so steeped in leftist liberalism that the Founders must be rolling in their graves. Especially for Philadelphia. The cradle of liberty is is full of nothing but leaches and freeloaders that all of the relics of the revolution should be moved to a more deserving location.

PoliCon
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Wasn't it stolen and used to find the lost treasure of the Free Masons?

One thing for me that breaks my heart is that in the very heart of the fight for our independence, that notion has been so lost. NJ, PA, DE, MA, NY, MD are so steeped in leftist liberalism that the Founders must be rolling in their graves. Especially for Philadelphia. The cradle of liberty is is full of nothing but leaches and freeloaders that all of the relics of the revolution should be moved to a more deserving location.

PA? :confused: You must be thinking Philly. You do realize that Philly is just a suburb of New Jersey and not really part of PA right?

NJCardFan
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
PA? :confused: You must be thinking Philly. You do realize that Philly is just a suburb of New Jersey and not really part of PA right?

Ask these Philly knuckleheads it's the other way around. That said, is that the reason why Ed Rendell is Governor? And how PA has gone blue in the last 5 presidential elections?

PoliCon
07-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Ask these Philly knuckleheads it's the other way around. That said, is that the reason why Ed Rendell is Governor? And how PA has gone blue in the last 5 presidential elections?

PA is at WORST purple. We have a really blue problem in Philly and in Allegheny county - but beyond that - it's mostly red - and if you look at the dem wins in this state they are generally by very small margins.

RobJohnson
07-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Happy 4th everyone.

It's warm with a nice breeze and humidity is about 9%.

I'm taking my mother to walk around our local park and we will grab lunch from one of the vendors.

Tonight at 6 PM is music & bbq ribs at a picnic here in my gated community. They hired a band.

Then about 9:30 PM is the city fireworks, they are great. Many folks drive out from Las Vegas for our celebration in the park.

TOTD: I shoot bottle rockets towards my neighbors that have dogs. :p

Big Guy
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Warm and humid in Tennessee.

Watching "The Patriot" on DVD. Freinds coming over a little later, going to grill some burgers and dogs and enjoy some appe pie. We play spades every Sunday night, so we will play again tonight.

HAVE A GREAT INDEPENDANCE DAY ALL!!!

Bubba Dawg
07-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I love The Patriot. We're watching The Last of the Mohicans now.

Bubba Dawg
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM

At church everyone was given a copy of the Declaration of Independence.

I liked that.

Big Guy
07-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I keep a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in my desk at work, next to my computer at home and one in my truck.

My freinds think I'm a "right wing waco", .....they may be right.:D

Rockntractor
07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I slept most of the day. I should have worked, I have plenty to do. I just couldn't make myself hookup to the trailer and leave this morning.

RobJohnson
07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I slept most of the day.

What's your DU name? :p:D

PoliCon
07-05-2010, 02:13 AM
TOTD: lets see - we went to church - went to a friends house for a lunch BBQ and then to another friends house for a dinner BBQ and game night. I also spend about 4 hours talking theology . . . .

Tecate
07-05-2010, 02:30 AM
At church everyone was given a copy of the Declaration of Independence.

I liked that.
They must be with Al Qaeda.