PDA

View Full Version : Why brides are increasingly picking fatter bridesmaids to make themselves look better

Gingersnap
07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Why brides are increasingly picking fatter bridesmaids to make themselves look better on their big day

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:48 PM on 5th July 2010

Brides are now so worried they won't look pretty enough on their big day that they are deliberately picking fat friends to be bridesmaids, according to new research.

A third of British brides-to-be admit they would choose an overweight friend to walk down with the aisle behind them because it makes them look slimmer in comparison.
The results, from a survey by diet company Slim Fast, revealed that just under half of brides cut down on their their food intake before their wedding day.

But, despite this, many still hate how they look in their wedding pictures - and two fifths even admitted that skinny guests made them feel self-conscious.

We deserve to get hit by a meteor. Maybe if brides didn't see a wedding as their only 'red carpet' moment, they'd care more about the meaning and less about the photo ops. :rolleyes:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1292271/Why-brides-increasingly-picking-fatter-bridesmaids-make-look-better-big-day.html#ixzz0sq8vQewM

Bubba Dawg
07-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm available to be a groomsman if any chunky guys want to look good standing next to me. :)

linda22003
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I think they just have fatter bridesmaids because, increasingly, that's all they have to choose from.

Bubba Dawg
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I think they just have fatter bridesmaids because, increasingly, that's all they have to choose from.

Wow. Just...wow. :D

Articulate_Ape
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I think fat is the new gay.

Gingersnap
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I think fat is the new gay.

Great. I'm hetero and at normal weight. No wonder it sux to be me. :mad:

:p

Bubba Dawg
07-05-2010, 08:35 PM

Meh, you a a person with many talents, but you do have a tendency to forget things....

Gingersnap
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Meh, you a a person with many talents, but you do have a tendency to forget things....

November 12th! Now, get away from me.

fettpett
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM

nah...means you get more of the pickn's since guys don't want the fat girls LOL