PDA

View Full Version : Department of Justice Files Lawsuit Challenging Arizona Immigration Law

CueSi
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Department of Justice Files Lawsuit Challenging Arizona Immigration Law (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/immigration-justice-department-files-lawsuit-challenging-arizona-law/story?id=11096347)

By PIERRE THOMAS
July 6, 2010

EXCERPT:

The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit today challenging Arizona's new immigration law, which takes effect July 29.

The suit challenges the law on the grounds that immigration is under the purview of the federal government and that Arizona has overstepped its bounds. Justice also claims that the law is too broad and could result in racial profiling and discrimination.

The lawsuit names Arizona and state Gov. Janice Brewer as the defendants.

While the legal challenge had been expected, signaled by Attorney General Eric Holder and President Barack Obama in statements soon after the statute was enacted, the lawsuit is sure to set off a firestorm of debate pitting the federal government against Arizona.

Republican leaders have already lashed out at the Obama administration.

(Link in Title)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is the most ain'tshyt measure I've seen this Administration perpetrate. I know liberals saying FGSFDS over the lawsuit.

~QC

malloc
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
This is the most ain'tshyt measure I've seen this Administration perpetrate. I know liberals saying FGSFDS over the lawsuit.
~QC

They can bring the lawsuit, it will fail. Since this law doesn't overstep anything prescribed by Federal Law, but merely implements it, the Feds have their head up their ass at this point. The discriminatory claim is going to have to pass equal application, which it will with no problems.

I find this amusing though, well maybe 'amusing' isn't the appropriate word.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing Importance, unless suspended in their Operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

NJCardFan
07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
How can they bring suit over a law that they didn't even read?

lacarnut
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM

Holder and his band of clowns will fabricate things that are not in the AZ law. They is just for show to increase Hispanic voter registration/participation as they can not be serious about winning.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Exactly Lacernut, this is just a pathetic way to hold on to their latino vote. Seriously, who doesn't see through this?

Apache
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Exactly Lacernut, this is just a pathetic way to hold on to their latino vote. Seriously, who doesn't see through this?

Zero, Holder and the rest of this pathetic administration.....:rolleyes:

PoliCon
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
The attempt here is to also by default shoot down the federal laws as well.

Odysseus
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM

They're hoping to find a judge who hasn't read it either.

m00
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Maybe we should just write all our federal laws in español and be done with it.

Apache
07-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe we should just write all our federal laws in español and be done with it.

Bite your tongue, whilst I kick thine arse...:mad:

;)