PDA

View Full Version : George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

Space Gravy
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago.

They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview.

Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years.

Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It surprised Takei, who thought he would be the one who popped the question.

They bought each other turquoise and silver wedding rings.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_en_mo/people_george_takei_2)

I didn't know he played for the other team......not that their's anything wrong with it.:cool:

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago.

They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview.

Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years.

Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It surprised Takei, who thought he would be the one who popped the question.

They bought each other turquoise and silver wedding rings.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_en_mo/people_george_takei_2)

I didn't know he played for the other team......not that their's anything wrong with it.:cool:

I know there's a Star Trek joke there SOMEWHERE...:p

Bubba Dawg
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Okay, someone else, somewhere, said it, I'm just goin gto repeat it:

I just felt a great disturbance in the Fabulous.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Okay, someone else, somewhere, said it, I'm just goin gto repeat it:

Dude, thats Star Wars, where the hell did you leave your Tao?

Bubba Dawg
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Dude, thats Star Wars, where the hell did you leave your Tao?

Zen Master. Great to See Ya!!!!!

Yeah, it's Star Wars but somehow I think two universes overlap, just a little bit. :D

Plus, it was too great a line not to repeat. Maybe Han Sulu is out there somewhere?

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Plus, it was too great a line not to repeat. Maybe Han Sulu is out there somewhere?

And it's back, well done. Good to see you sir. ;)

Bubba Dawg
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
And it's back, well done. Good to see you sir. ;)

I miss your avatar. :(

MstrBlue
06-04-2008, 10:25 PM

That response, is not logical.

Gingersnap
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
When he went nuts and slicked his chest up for that sword-fighting episode - I totally knew he was gay even if I saw it in the reruns. Apparently he's also a chicken hawk or a gay cougar or whatever you call it when you take up with somebody 25 years your junior and you aren't a CEO.

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
When he went nuts and slicked his chest up for that sword-fighting episode - I totally knew he was gay even if I saw it in the reruns. Apparently he's also a chicken hawk or a gay cougar or whatever you call it when you take up with somebody 25 years your junior and you aren't a CEO.

Ummm, then I guess Takei/Sulu could always say, before a tryst: "I'm about to go where no man has--" Oh, nevermind...:p

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
George Takei should be on the flag.

megimoo
06-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh joy ,now perhaps the Common California citizens can vote to override the the California Supreme courts dictatorial edict !
At least the bill will allowed for a full state wide vote,In Massachusetts the legislature has stalled every attempt for a state wide referendum on gay marrage .Massachusetts,The land of the free and the home of the millatant gay !

Full-Auto
06-05-2008, 01:15 AM
I stopped watching Star Trek when I found out he, and Will Shatner were gay. Depressing.

megimoo
06-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I stopped watching Star Trek when I found out he, and Will Shatner were gay. Depressing.What, Kirk Is QUEER,OMG......................................... .........

Space Gravy
06-05-2008, 08:38 AM
What, Kirk Is QUEER,OMG......................................... .........

I'm not so sure about that. I remember his wife drowning and some weird 911 call a few years back.

DarkScribe
06-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm not so sure about that. I remember his wife drowning and some weird 911 call a few years back.

Same here. I think I recall seeing him with a much younger blonde woman recently (this would be after the drowning incident).

jinxmchue
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I know there's a Star Trek joke there SOMEWHERE...:p

Set phasers to bugger.

No? Fine. Here's an actual lne from a Star Trek episode (slightly altered to fit the thread):

"He gave me what could be considered a very passionate kiss in the torpedo bay."

Ew. I'm sorry I went there.

LogansPapa
06-05-2008, 12:24 PM
You non-coast folk are such rubes.

"Going where many a man has gone before", would have been my take on Takei.

Such donkeys.:rolleyes:

Shannon
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM

Shatner is not gay. FA was just being "funny".

MstrBlue
06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Shatner is not gay...
However, I do recall a recent news article about him NOT being invited to Takei's ceremony.

I guess he should have let Sulu take the con a little more often! :D

Space Gravy
06-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Shatner is not gay. FA was just being "funny".

Oh........carry on.

Bubba Dawg
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Torpedo bay. Oh God.

IcarusMe
06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
"Space..(between the cheeks)...the final fronter.....

no wonder spock had one eyebrow raised all the time

asdf2231
06-05-2008, 09:53 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/blog%20stuff%202/8f8123de.jpg

Bubba Dawg
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/blog%20stuff%202/8f8123de.jpg

Nice. Really. Nice. :D

submarinepainter
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM
I bet Mr.Sulu can not hurt his partner with a small Japanese Penis!

megimoo
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I bet Mr.Sulu can not hurt his partner with a small Japanese Penis!
Don't need much of a peni to play the heroine part !