PDA

View Full Version : UK Businessman Decapitates Self With Aston Martin DB7

megimoo
08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
An inquest into the death of Welsh gym owner Gerald Mellin has found the businessman decapitated himself in his Aston Martin DB7 after an argument with his estranged wife. According to the court, Mellin tied one end of a rope to a tree, climbed into his DB7 and wrapped the other end around his neck.

Mellin then jammed the pedal down on the $173,000 car, driving into a busy main road, forcing other drivers to watch his horrific death. Police found his headless body still in the driving seat and his head on the back seat. But what caused Millen to kill himself with such heinous vehicular methodology?

Well, according to Mrs Mellin:

"We had split up and been to court. He wanted me to walk away from the farmhouse and the business and leave me with nothing...so we met in a pub after a court hearing and he started having a tantrum. As we made our way back to our cars he opened the boot and said: "There's my rope .

http://jalopnik.com/400143/uk-businessman-decapitates-self-with-aston-martin-db7

lacarnut
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
What a waste; now, no one is going to want what's left of that Aston Martin.:rolleyes:

AlmostThere
08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
According to fantasycars.com :

The smooth, sleek curves on this car are just perfect, giving the car less drag, and more style! The Inline 6-cylinder powerplant gives this car superb speed, with a top speed of 171 mph. It also gives the DB7 great acceleration and power, going from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.4 seconds!

With that acceleration, I guess it was a no-brainer.

I'm no authority on selling expensive sports cars, but a head in the back seat has to knock the price down some.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/lap0118/DB7.jpg

Jumpy
08-10-2008, 09:03 PM
What a waste; now, no one is going to want what's left of that Aston Martin.:rolleyes:

I wonder what is left of it... I would take it if it wasn't totaled.

Theophilus
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
With that acceleration, I guess it was a no-brainer. Oh boy.. :rolleyes:

Apparently he was so distraught he lost his head.

Goldwater
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
This is how I want to go.

jeskibuff
08-12-2008, 06:36 AM
What a fool.

The whole concept of convertible fun is based on taking the top off THE CAR!

OwlMBA
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
If I was dumb enough to buy a DB7 I would probably kill myself too.