PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Although I've posted here sporadically over the past few years....you will be seeing a bit more of me here...I remember some of you, but some are new, so I don't really know all of your political leanings on all the topics.... I'll happily admit I'm a staunch conservative with hawkish views with a little bit of libertarian on the side.......so...please be gentle with me...I don't bite....hard. :cool:

Gingersnap
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Although I've posted here sporadically over the past few years....you will be seeing a bit more of me here...I remember some of you, but some are new, so I don't really know all of your political leanings on all the topics.... I'll happily admit I'm a staunch conservative with hawkish views with a little bit of libertarian on the side.......so...please be gentle with me...I don't bite....hard. :cool:

Welcome back! :)

Apache
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
By your join date, I'm a newbie to you... but I've been here quite a while:p
Welcome...back :D

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
By your join date, I'm a newbie to you... but I've been here quite a while:p
Welcome...back :D

I was here a long time ago, posted frequently back then.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome back! :)

Thanks Ginger...always enjoyed you and Shannon...I hope Shannon is still here?

Articulate_Ape
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome, and watch out for Apache; he's kind of like Noah without the ark or the smarts to build one.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome, and watch out for Apache; he's kind of like Noah without the ark or the smarts to build one.

Are you two dating or something....:D

Articulate_Ape
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM

No, but we are certainly dated.

Gingersnap
07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks Ginger...always enjoyed you and Shannon...I hope Shannon is still here?

She's in and out but she's turning up more lately. ;)

malloc
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Last time she was here, I think told her to make me a sammich. I should probably lay low for a while.

Apache
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Hell no! YOu see the hair on his back?:eek:

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Glad to see ya back!!! :D

BadCat
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I'll be gentle with you, darling.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I'll be gentle with you, darling.

cats aren't gentle...I have 2 of them....

patriot45
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Never thought you left! You seem to always chime in! Enjoy us! :D

hampshirebrit
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I remember you. Howdy and welcome back. :)

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Never thought you left! You seem to always chime in! Enjoy us! :D

No, I never actually left...that's why I said I posted sporadically:p But I will kick off my shoes, and hang out a bit more.... Are you the same Patriot that posts on CC?

BTW....I'm a postwhore. :o

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I remember you. Howdy and welcome back. :)

thanks!

SaintLouieWoman
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi, glad to see you back. Things have changed a bit---we're living in Florida now. When SR was living in St Louis, he remained Sarasotarepub. Now we're in Florida, but SaintLouieWoman will remain my name. :D

Glad you'll be posting more. Welcome.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi, glad to see you back. Things have changed a bit---we're living in Florida now. When SR was living in St Louis, he remained Sarasotarepub. Now we're in Florida, but SaintLouieWoman will remain my name. :D

Glad you'll be posting more. Welcome.

Ah...welcome to the Sunshing State..how do you like it so far?

Speedy
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Glad to see you back, Babe. That motorcycle site crashed and burned. It is death valley now.

Hawkgirl
07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Glad to see you back, Babe. That motorcycle site crashed and burned. It is death valley now.

Yeah, I remember the whole upheaval a few years ago....I don't miss debating with those asswiipes, namely AMJ and Avatardo? LOL I'm sure you don't either. It's better to be amongst the grown ups. :D

Kay
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Anybody that posts Elvis videos has to be just alright. :)
Nice to meet you, I'm fairly new, so guess we haven't officially met before now.

Hawkgirl
07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Anybody that posts Elvis videos has to be just alright. :)
Nice to meet you, I'm fairly new, so guess we haven't officially met before now.

Hi...nice to meet you too! lol...who doesn't love Elvis...yes, he's a bit before my time...but Suspicious Minds is one of my favorite songs from him...but he has lots of them, of course.

SaintLouieWoman
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Ah...welcome to the Sunshing State..how do you like it so far?

I'm slowly getting used to living in the land of the great God's waiting room. My welcome to Florida was from a neighbor who knocked on the door with a plastic bag full of plastic bags. I guess she thought out of towners didn't have enough sense to clean up after their pets. :eek::rolleyes:

Actually many of the people I've met here are nice and many not so nice, surprisingly people who are in customer service areas. I guess it's no different than anywhere else. A woman whose husband did our wind inspection for the insurance company said she hears all the time people's complaints about poor customer service. I think Sarasota is probably not the norm for Southern hospitality.

But you can't beat the views. I've been helping out at Mote Marine Aquarium and Research Facility. That drive over the causeway is gorgeous and reminds me of the benefits of Florida.

Hawkgirl
07-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes, certainly pros and cons. I still am not accustomed to the scorching hot summers...but Florida's best time of the year is during other's winter. Although we did have a cold winter this past season. I do love it here most of the time, the laid back attitude, the beautiful beaches and the manicured lawns.

I would never move back to New York.

SaintLouieWoman
07-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes, certainly pros and cons. I still am not accustomed to the scorching hot summers...but Florida's best time of the year is during other's winter. Although we did have a cold winter this past season. I do love it here most of the time, the laid back attitude, the beautiful beaches and the manicured lawns.

I would never move back to New York.
It's the damned bugs that bother me the most. When we moved in there were those huge palmetto bugs (cockroaches on steroids) that were flying around the house. I originally thought that maybe from the previous owners moving out and our movers leaving the house open so long when they were moving our stuff in that there was nothing too much to worry about.

Found out they must have believed only in sprinkling a bit of boric acid powder around. I've had the pest control people here 3x already and just finished using the vacuum to get up the dead bugs on the window sills. Ugh.

Rockntractor
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
It's the damned bugs that bother me the most. When we moved in there were those huge palmetto bugs (cockroaches on steroids) that were flying around the house. I originally thought that maybe from the previous owners moving out and our movers leaving the house open so long when they were moving our stuff in that there was nothing too much to worry about.

Found out they must have believed only in sprinkling a bit of boric acid powder around. I've had the pest control people here 3x already and just finished using the vacuum to get up the dead bugs on the window sills. Ugh.
I'll see if I can find you some recipes.:D

billy10388
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Gingersnap
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Well, we're glad to have you. Wander on down to the Lounge and get acquainted. ;)

Rockntractor
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, we're glad to have you. Wander on down to the Lounge and get acquainted. ;)

Yeah and he has a movies online link.

Gingersnap
08-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah and he has a movies online link.

I PM'd him.

PC Guy
08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Hello. Thank you for reintroducing yourself again. :)

obx
08-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Hello and welcome back.
________
Dc medical marijuana dispensary (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Hawkgirl, did you decide on your house yet?