PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: More Movies

Bubba Dawg
07-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Hot and humid on the Mountain.

Today I plan to watch the World Cup final then do some yard work. We may take in a movie tonight. I'm thinking Predators looks good.

I bought the DVD of Dirty Harry, the original, for $5.00 at Walmart yesterday.

TOTD: Movies (again, I love 'em). What have you seen or what do you plan to see?

And is it just me or have shoelaces become ridiculously long, so long you have to double knot them, on many casual and athletic shoes? I was griping about that the other day.

I also have a pair of low topped boot that are the same way. You either have to tie big looped bowknots or double knot them.

It pisses me off.

Zathras
07-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Movies I've seen recently

Dispicable Me - Cute, worth a look
Knight and Day - Surprisingly good
Avatar, The Last Airbender - ok, good for a matinee
Karate Kid - Pretty good

Plan on seeing Predators either tomorrow or Monday.

lacarnut
07-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Cooking Lasagna, prime rib steaks and bringing to my brother's. After we eat, will play cards and watch the tail end of the golf tournament.

TOTD: don't watch movies that often.

djones520
07-11-2010, 07:27 AM
TOTD: I'm in Kyrgyzstan, so I can count out watching new movies for the next 6 months. Not that it makes much differance. Since our son was born my wife and I have gotten out to see 4 movies in two years. We're pretty much stay at home wait for the dvd folks now.

marv
07-11-2010, 11:16 AM
TOTD: Favorites are the Jesse Stone series with Tom Selleck. We already have the first five DVDs, and are waiting for the pre-ordered sixth, "No Remorse", from Amazon later this month. We've already seen it on CBS, but we gotta have our own DVD.

Love 'em, especially the interaction ("What are you looking at?") between Jesse and Reggie, played by the beautiful Golden Retriever, Joe.......

NJCardFan
07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Hot & Humid in Jersey as well.

I have to do some yard work today and watch the Phils and Reds. As for movies, nothing I'm hyped up to see. Going to movies has soured on me and I can now wait for them to come out on DVD.

Rockntractor
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
That's what I'll probably do today, watch movies. Three days in a row with a diamond saw and a jackhammer have got me wore out, I can hardly move this morning. I should really be working today too.

marinejcksn
07-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Plan on seeing Predators either tomorrow or Monday.

Let me know how it is. I heard good things.

I don't go to the movies much anymore. I can't stand yahoos laughing and carrying on, the prices are outrageous and with a Blu Ray home theater I'd rather watch movies at home anyway.

I'm planning on finally finishing Boondock Saints 2 today. :cool:

namvet
07-11-2010, 01:06 PM
been raining all morning like a cow pissin on a flat rock. its moved out round 2 coming in.

warpig
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Last movie I saw was "The Book of Eli" interesting. Clean house today and BBQ a brisket.............anybody do windows???

Rockntractor
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
.anybody do windows???

pressure wash the outside and your wife will do the inside.

Big Guy
07-11-2010, 04:37 PM
About 90 degrees here, mostly sunny.

Not watching much TV, movies are getting too expensive.

I think I'm going through a "Burn Out" so I'm planning my vacation. Going to Michigan to do some Salmon fishing on the AuSable River in October.

Rockntractor
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
About 90 degrees here, mostly sunny.

Not watching much TV, movies are getting too expensive.

I think I'm going through a "Burn Out" so I'm planning my vacation. Going to Michigan to do some Salmon fishing on the AuSable River in October.

Michigan is full of Yankees!:eek:

Big Guy
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Michigan is full of Yankees!:eek:

And Salmon, in October.

Did I ever mention that I'm a "Damn Yankee".

There is a difference between an Yankee and a Damn Yankee you know.

Rockntractor
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Last movie I saw was "The Book of Eli" interesting. Clean house today and BBQ a brisket.............anybody do windows???
When they invent a really cool machine with a gas engine to do it I will clean inside windows

Rockntractor
07-11-2010, 05:12 PM
And Salmon, in October.

Did I ever mention that I'm a "Damn Yankee".

There is a difference between an Yankee and a Damn Yankee you know.

I'm from Minnesota but rural Yankees are different than city Yankees.

Big Guy
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm from Minnesota but rural Yankees are different than city Yankees.

This is true, I am originally from a small town (Hale) in Michigan, nothing there but Bars, Churches, Lakes and Farms.

NJCardFan
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Man. Nice to be taking a little break. I'm busier than a tornado in a trailer park today.

Bubba Dawg
07-11-2010, 07:47 PM
TOTD: Favorites are the Jesse Stone series with Tom Selleck. We already have the first five DVDs, and are waiting for the pre-ordered sixth, "No Remorse", from Amazon later this month. We've already seen it on CBS, but we gotta have our own DVD.

Love 'em, especially the interaction ("What are you looking at?") between Jesse and Reggie, played by the beautiful Golden Retriever, Joe.......

I saw a part of one of those in that series and promptly forgot all about it. I'll check 'em out.

Bubba Dawg
07-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I mosed and weed eated....weed ate.....used the weed eater and I'm bushed.

Took a shower and now I'm gonna crash and save the movie for next weekend. Maybe catch a matinee Saturday.

NJCardFan
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I wanted to cut my grass but my mower won't start. Brand frigging new. Only used it 6 times. Appears the battery is dead.