PDA

View Full Version : World Cup final: 100 per cent for Paul the psychic octopus

bijou
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
The mystic mollusc confirmed his flawless accuracy after Spain lifted the trophy, beating Holland 1-0.

Paul has become Englandís only hero of the tournament after accurately foretelling the result of all six matches involving Germany.

The Dorset-born soothsayer also won privileged status in Spain after he predicted that its footballers would defeat the Dutch at Soccer City stadium in Johannesburg on Sunday night.

Even the Spanish Prime Minsiter Jose Luiz Rodriguez Zapatero expressed his affection for the creature after his prediction was announced on Friday.

"I am concerned for the octopus. I am thinking of sending him a protective team," Zapatero said.

Elena Espinosa, the Spanish environment and fisheries minister also swore to protect Paul.

"On Monday, I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a [fishing] ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him," Espinosa said.

Paulís call looked to be in doubt as the game was still goalless after 90 minutes and there was still no clear winner with only four minutes of extra time remaining. ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/7884509/World-Cup-final-100-per-cent-for-Paul-the-psychic-octopus.html

Hawkgirl
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
What a great game...!
Congratulations to Spain...the Octopussy got it right....AGAIN.
I lost the bet and will be buying dinner tomorrow.

hampshirebrit
07-11-2010, 06:04 PM
The Puss has it!! Fifty to me. :D

I'm getting him to pick my lotto numbers next weekend.

SarasotaRepub
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
What a baseball game!!! Congrats!!! :p:D

Bubba Dawg
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Nicely done Paul.

I enjoyed the game very much. I picked Spain as well. :D

NJCardFan
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
What a baseball game!!! Congrats!!! :p:D

Yeah! My Phils won back to back 1-0 games for the first time since 1913!

Zathras
07-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Best thing about Spain winning the World Cup? We don't have to hear anything about the bore fest known as the World Cup for the next 4 years.

NJCardFan
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Best thing about Spain winning the World Cup? We don't have to hear anything about the bore fest known as the World Cup for the next 4 years.

QFMFT

Not to mention them stupid horns.

Hawkgirl
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Those horns are a South African craze. The athletes wanted them banned because it interfered with their concentration...and I'd imagine they would.

Next WorldCup in Brazil will probably have flashers instead...:cool: