PDA

View Full Version : Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014

Submitted by KC Kelly Ph.D. on 2010-07-16

All Americans, by 2014 will be required to have an individual obesity rating electronically recorded. It has been determined that under the new health stimulus law passed by President Barack Obama recently, that all Americans, by 2014, will be required to have electronic health records which will include their height, weight and body mass index (BMI).

BMI is a formula that calculates ones body measurements, including height and weight, in order to come up with an individual obesity rating. Calculation of BMI is the preferred method of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for measuring obesity and coming up with an obesity rating, which is the measure of a person’s body fat percentage.

Regina Benjamin, the U.S. Surgeon Genera stated that according to the CDC, “BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.”

America has been criticized for being a nation that actually promotes obesity and hence leads American's to have health issues. The new health regulation also stipulates that the electronic records, including BMI will be able to quickly send individual health records as public health data to state and federal health agencies such as the HHS and the CDC.

The new obesity-rating regulation will be enforced in every American's electronic health record. The regulation states that it must, “Calculate body mass index. Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight.” In addition, these electronic health records will be available for viewing on a national exchange. Seems a bit invasive, say many, but there will be security measures in place on these electronic records to try to help with privacy.

:rolleyes:

Huliq (http://www.huliq.com/10017/government-wants-your-individual-obesity-rating-2014)

linda22003
07-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I can get into "Huliq" whatever that is, but can't get into the article itself. It's very poorly written (by a "PhD", no less), so this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Drudge has a link to a CNS news story. There are quotes of the actual regs and from the usual administration suspects...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69436

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I can get into "Huliq" whatever that is, but can't get into the article itself. It's very poorly written (by a "PhD", no less), so this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.

I used Huliq because the Drudge link overwhelmed the servers at the original site (for a minute, anyway). It does look pretty real right now and it's being widely reported. Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p

Speedy
07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
They can come and get mine personally. I can promise them, the last 300 yards will be a bitch.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I used Huliq because the Drudge link overwhelmed the servers at the original site (for a minute, anyway). It does look pretty real right now and it's being widely reported. Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p

But it begs the question, why does the government want to track it and what will they do with it?

JB
07-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Now, this is not exactly a wildly unorthodox piece of data to have in a health record but the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :pStrange. I thought you were in the "First they came for my..." camp.

JB
07-16-2010, 11:24 AM
...this will remain in the rumor category for me until I see other news on it.But once it becomes true you'll be OK with it, correct? It's the lib thing to do.

Rebel Yell
07-16-2010, 11:26 AM
the thought of all those fat people being outraged cheered me up this morning so I thought I'd post it. :p

Any word from Shannon yet?

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Strange. I thought you were in the "First they came for my..." camp.

Oh, I am. I will do whatever I can to protect the right of porkers to eat Little Debbies in full view of school children on every American street.

I'm amused because a significant percentage of those people squealed in delight whenever smokers were insulted or marginalized.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Strange. I thought you were in the "First they came for my..." camp.

I am in that camp. Smokers and fat people are low hanging fruit. People who salt food and eat red meat are not far behind.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69436

'' New federal regulations issued this week stipulate that the electronic health records--that all Americans are supposed to have by 2014 under the terms of the stimulus law that President Barack Obama signed last year--must record not only the traditional measures of height and weight, but also the Body Mass Index: a measure of obesity.

The obesity-rating regulation states that every American's electronic health record must: “Calculate body mass index. Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight.”

jediab
07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
But it begs the question, why does the government want to track it and what will they do with it?

I would guess in preporation of issuing fees, tax hikes, or what have you on those that are deemed too fat.

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I would guess in preporation of issuing fees, tax hikes, or what have you on those that are deemed too fat.

Yep. I remember a few years ago they managed to herd the last of the smokers at my place off to yet another cold, wet, windy gulag. Now, these people were already no where near an entrance.

A woman I knew was just delighted. She went on and on about the cost to society and how disgusting smoking was and how stupid the smokers were, etc. She was about 50 - 60 pounds overweight. I told her that she might want to think about the implications. I guess that word was too big so I finally told her that it was just a matter of time before they went after all the fat people.

That didn't go over well, I can tell you.

NJCardFan
07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
They can try. You know there's that pesky little 5th Amendment thingy to worry about.

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
They can try. You know there's that pesky little 5th Amendment thingy to worry about.

They write the laws.

I have absolutely no doubt that once the government establishes its responsibility for health care management, it will proceed instantly to some sort of fat tax or fat fee. After all, if they are responsible for your health, they can do anything they want to ensure that you remain or become healthy.

PoliCon
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM

they're looking to find out who will be the first targets when the zombie Apocalypse comes . . . .

PoliCon
07-16-2010, 01:03 PM
They write the laws.

I have absolutely no doubt that once the government establishes its responsibility for health care management, it will proceed instantly to some sort of fat tax or fat fee. After all, if they are responsible for your health, they can do anything they want to ensure that you remain or become healthy.

yup.

Nubs
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM

They will use it as a factor in the quantity of healthcare you are allowed. Through provisions in FinReg that allow the government to track your finances (the credit card/debit card electronic trail), it is very feasible that they can also track your food/alcohol/smokes purchases. This will also be used as a factor in the matrix of what healthcare services you are allowed.

Your life, income and lifestyle will be reduced to a mathmatical matrix that will define the amount of healthcare you are allowed.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 01:33 PM
They will use it as a factor in the quantity of healthcare you are allowed. Through provisions in FinReg that allow the government to track your finances (the credit card/debit card electronic trail), it is very feasible that they can also track your food/alcohol/smokes purchases. This will also be used as a factor in the matrix of what healthcare services you are allowed.

Your life, income and lifestyle will be reduced to a mathmatical matrix that will define the amount of healthcare you are allowed.

I knew that, gursh durn it. I am a sucker for rhetorical questions!

noonwitch
07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Good luck to them on getting that info from me. I haven't been to a doctor for a physical exam in many years. I don't get sick that often, don't need the Pill, etc. The last doctor I saw, other than a dentist and periodontist, was an orthopedist when I broke my arm 3 years ago.

I'm always feel healthy, until a doctor gives something I live with a label.

Chuck58
07-16-2010, 04:18 PM

They have an answer. I heard it years ago on the kerry the Traitor for Pres forum, just before I was banned for the 5th or 6th time.

"The Constitution will mean what WE say it means. You'll just go to work and do your job and keep quiet."

fettpett
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm fat...so what business of it is their's? they can go fuck themselves for all I care. I'll lose weight when I damn well please, now when those dipshits say I should....

what does Wennie an Commie footware have to say about this? Nanny state dipshits

Hawkgirl
07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm fat...so what business of it is their's? they can go fuck themselves for all I care. I'll lose weight when I damn well please, now when those dipshits say I should....

It's not about knowing your business...it's about profitting off you, if you (not you specifically) are in fact fat...they will have some sort of fat assessment fee.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Your insurance company has no right to your medical records right now, under HIPAA. They know about you on the basis of claims you file, but they can't get at your height, weight, or BMI.

A whole body of patient privacy laws developed over years is getting shoved aside here for the benefit of government.

Hawkgirl
07-16-2010, 08:09 PM
HIPPA was created by government....I'd like to see how they're going to work around it.

O'Malley
07-16-2010, 08:14 PM
HIPPA was created by government....I'd like to see how they're going to work around it.

They exempt themselves from all laws they make everyone else live under.

Hawkgirl
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
They exempt themselves from all laws they make everyone else live under.

Ah, yes, I forgot about Timothy Geithner, the tax cheat in charge of the Treasury Department.

Gingersnap
07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
It will be interesting (in a train wreck kind of way) to see this play out. For whatever reasons, blacks and Hispanics have the highest obesity rates and they have the worst outcomes for obesity-related conditions. American Indians also have terrible obesity rates and outcomes.

It's possible that there is a genetic influence here. By that, I mean that overeating among most whites has a lower chance of leading to debilitating disease or that the disease process is slower. I can see some minority groups jumping on this as an excuse to be exempt from the fat taxes.

How would that play out, I wonder?

m00
07-25-2010, 04:20 PM
It's possible that there is a genetic influence here. By that, I mean that overeating among most whites has a lower chance of leading to debilitating disease or that the disease process is slower. I can see some minority groups jumping on this as an excuse to be exempt from the fat taxes.

Easy. Non-whites are exempted from the Fat Tax.

Nubs
07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
It will be interesting (in a train wreck kind of way) to see this play out. For whatever reasons, blacks and Hispanics have the highest obesity rates and they have the worst outcomes for obesity-related conditions. American Indians also have terrible obesity rates and outcomes.

Each race will be assigned a correction factor in order to equalize the outcome. Think affirmative action for medical care.

What about high income individuals in their money making years, therfore tax paying years. If a high earner has a rare disease, it is financial benificial to keep them alive earning money and paying taxes. Once the high earner has retired, it is financially beneficial to limit as much medical care as possible so the earner dies quickly leaving more wealth to be confiscated from estate taxes.

Fiinancial Eugenics

KhrushchevsShoe
07-25-2010, 05:39 PM
There is a Palestine because there are people who call themselves Palestinians.

I thought Sonna would have a little bit more to offer than PoliCon, but I was wrong. The argument you all are trying to make is so inept and flawed that one sentence can completely dismantle it. Pathetic.

PoliCon
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM

I thought Sonna would have a little bit more to offer than PoliCon, but I was wrong. The argument you all are trying to make is so inept and flawed that one sentence can completely dismantle it. Pathetic.

If I call myself a Martian does that make me an alien??? :rolleyes:

Apache
07-25-2010, 05:55 PM

So dismantle their argument... Show them AND me that we're wrong about this.

Apache
07-25-2010, 05:56 PM
If I call myself a Martian does that make me an alien??? :rolleyes:

No, but it would explain a lot...:p

NJCardFan
07-25-2010, 07:30 PM

Well golly gee willikers. Just because someone says they are something, that automatically makes them what they say they are? OK. I am the President of the United States. I am making that claim right now. So, since I'm calling myself the President of the United States, does that make it so?

Articulate_Ape
07-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Do you have any idea how stupid that statement was? Why you made it in this unrelated thread as opposed to this one (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=30110) reveals you as a fool prefers to do his fishing on a golf course rather than on the water.

Come on over to that thread and stick your toes in the water. Just don't expect to get them back.

PoliCon
07-25-2010, 10:50 PM
No, but it would explain a lot...:p

You know what . . . . I'm gonna have you put on the list for anal probing :p

m00
07-26-2010, 03:05 PM

So wait.

Let's say me and the rest of CU realize we are a united people, and we call ourselves CUestinians. This is a bit silly, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it. The problem is when we decide our ancient homeland was, in fact, Boston... and we author a charter that declares our purpose to "liberate our brethren living under under the yoke of high taxes and moral relativism" and exterminate all liberals currently living in Boston and push them into the sea.

Chuck58
07-26-2010, 03:13 PM

So, let's see. Robert E Lee surrendered the ANV April 9, 1865. Other Confederate units were all surrendered by around the end of June 1865. The Confederacy ceased to exist. Right?

The Confederate Govt never signed surrender papers.

Does that mean that all those people whose ancestry goes back to the War Between the States can claim oppression and their states are illegally occupied by the United States, and that they're actually citizens of the Confederate States?