PDA

View Full Version : "deficits don't matter"

Satanicus
07-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Do you agree with Cheney, Bush and Reagan ?

That deficits don't matter ?

"If there is one thing Reagan showed us, is that deficits don't matter" - Cheney

More fake outrage.

djones520
07-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Show me one person here who has defended the spending policies during the Bush administration.

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

Satanicus
07-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Show me one person here who has defended the spending policies during the Bush administration.

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

So ALL the republicans disagree with Reagan, Bush, and Cheney ? ...they just failed to speak up and form tea parties ?

When Cheney made this comment NOBODY IN THE GOP SAID A THING.

And listen up, when they spending was going on, you ALL DEFENDED IT ...you guys only spoke up AFTER he left office.

If you guys cared, you would at least spend sometime bashing Bush for digging this hole we are in ..instead he gets defended.

"bush is gone, leave him alone" ...blah blah blah

djones520
07-17-2010, 07:35 AM
So ALL the republicans disagree with Reagan, Bush, and Cheney ? ...they just failed to speak up and form tea parties ?

And listen up, when they spending was going on, you ALL DEFENDED IT ...you guys only spoke up AFTER he left office.

If you guys cared, you would at least spend sometime bashing Bush for digging this hole we are in ..instead he gets defended.

*sighs* Let me know when your done reading DU talking points. :rolleyes: I'll be here for a real discussion then.

Molon Labe
07-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Democrats love deficits too (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/105779-g-20-countries-pledge-to-cut-deficits-despite-obamas-push-for-stimulus)

stimulus is deficit spending

Despite Obama's push for increased global stimulus spending, efforts to do the same at home have largely stalled as Congress appears less and less likely to pass any major stimulus bills as deficit worries have increased significantly in the U.S.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Do you agree with Cheney, Bush and Reagan ?

That deficits don't matter ?

"If there is one thing Reagan showed us, is that deficits don't matter" - Cheney

More fake outrage.

Why does an idiot like you keep posting the same bullshit over and over? You need to get your head out of your ass and go find a job along with your buddy WE WEE.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-17-2010, 09:00 AM

Could you fit anymore strawmen on your wagon????

Sonnabend
07-17-2010, 09:53 AM
This was the same shit you came out with last time. :rolleyes:

Jackass.

Why are you here anyway? What the hell are you trying to prove?Or is this just another DU street cred foray? What the fuck is the PURPOSE of all of this recycled garbage? It went nowhere the first time so what the hell is this in aid of?

What the hell are you trying to prove? So far all you've done is embarrass yourself and go on with the same tirades and the same talking points ad nauseum. To what end? To achieve what? What do you possibly have to gain from this retread of the same tired old cliches?

Seriously...why repost the same tired old claptrap that will get the same response now as it did then?

Or are you just bored?

Zathras
07-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Why does an idiot like you keep posting the same bullshit over and over? You need to get your head out of your ass and go find a job along with your buddy WE WEE.

The reason he keeps posting the same thing over and over again is he hasn't recieved his next set of talking points from his handlers yet. People like Stupidicus show a distinct lack of independent thought and will parrot whatever their handlers tell them to.

NJCardFan
07-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Wow. What a bunch of crap. Rush Limbaugh killed Bush on the spending. So did O'Reilly. So did Boortz. But since you want to generalize, try this on for size:

Robert Byrd was a recruiter for the KKK. He was also a Democrat. So, all Democrats are pro-KKK.

Satanicus
07-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Could you fit anymore strawmen on your wagon????

It's a fact buddy
When reagan/bush quadrupled the debt there were no protests

When jr. Doubled the national debt there were no protests

This is a fact , where was the outrage when Reagan and cheney said deficits don't matter ?

There was nothing but approval from the right

djones520
07-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Satanicus, Democrats controlled Congress during the later half of Reagons Term, and throughout Bush 1's term. They controlled the spending.

As for the 2nd Bush, the highest climb in the debt was when the Dem's were again in control of Congress. Just like now when the debt is still sky rocketting.

Now take a look at when Clinton managed to balance the budget, and reduced the national debt a bit? Republicans controlled Congress.

It's a two way street bucko. Both parties are just as responsible for where we are today, but the people who were controlling the purse when all the money was being spent had a big ole D next to their name.

m00
07-25-2010, 04:23 PM
It's a fact buddy
When reagan/bush quadrupled the debt there were no protests

When jr. Doubled the national debt there were no protests

This is a fact , where was the outrage when Reagan and cheney said deficits don't matter ?

There was nothing but approval from the right

If you are referring to the conservative blogsphere, prove it.

nightflight
07-25-2010, 05:16 PM

Its like hearing a small knocking in your car; you ignore it when you shouldn't. Only after the knocking gets loud and your car starts lurching and cutting off do you take it seriously, when you should have gotten it checked out earlier.

My question to YOU Satanicus is if the deficits under Reagan and Bush were so bad, WHY AREN'T YOU CONCERNED NOW?

nightflight
07-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Satanicus, Democrats controlled Congress during the later half of Reagons Term, and throughout Bush 1's term. They controlled the spending.

As for the 2nd Bush, the highest climb in the debt was when the Dem's were again in control of Congress. Just like now when the debt is still sky rocketting.

Now take a look at when Clinton managed to balance the budget, and reduced the national debt a bit? Republicans controlled Congress.

It's a two way street bucko. Both parties are just as responsible for where we are today, but the people who were controlling the purse when all the money was being spent had a big ole D next to their name.

Like most libs, Satanicus is only aware of the executive branch.

Lager
07-25-2010, 06:05 PM

If you really paid attention, you would see countless times when people here decried the spending of Bush and Republicans. It's one thing to be a bobble headed, tin foil hatted, brainwashed lib troll, it's another to be a dishonest bobble headed, tin foil hatted brainwashed lib troll, and you are venturing into that territory.

nightflight
07-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I want to know from Satanicus, if he believes that if a white liberal was in office now with the same agenda as the current president, that there would be no opposition from the Right. Its a fair question.

Molon Labe
07-31-2010, 09:15 AM
The President, on Thursday night signed his second Supplemental Appropriations Act, which continues funding for Afghanistan and Iraq without going through the standard budgeting process

:rolleyes:

Apparently Mr. ObeyMe likes deficits too.

Molon Labe
07-31-2010, 09:23 AM
In February last year, President Obama boasted to a joint session of Congress,

Because we're also suffering from a deficit of trust, I am committed to restoring a sense of honesty and accountability to our budget

We are living Bush's 3rd term.:(

djones520
07-31-2010, 09:25 AM
In February last year, President Obama boasted to a joint session of Congress,

We are living Bush's 3rd term.:(

Oh come on. Even you have to admit Bush wasn't half as bad as this.

Zathras
07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
My question to YOU Satanicus is if the deficits under Reagan and Bush were so bad, WHY AREN'T YOU CONCERNED NOW?

I can answer that one for him because he doesn't have the guts to do so. Stupidicus isn't concerned because his cult leader, the person who gives the mind numbed robot Stupidicus his marching orders, The Obumbler is in charge.

To a drone of the DNC like Stupidicus, anything that a Democrat does is perfectly fine but anything a Republican does is 100% wrong, even when they do the exact same thing.

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 03:57 PM
The OP did not provide a link to the source of that quotaion attributed to Vice Pres. Cheney.

An internet search for it yields one return... This thread.

It looks like Jackas... Satanicus pulled that out of his ass.

asdf2231
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Bumping because I would like to know the quote and, more importantly, the context in which it was made.

I would hate to think that ole blarch was just trying to drum up argument threads here using quotes that trace back to some Dillweed's journal page at Deluded Undergarments.

djones520
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Bumping because I would like to know the quote and, more importantly, the context in which it was made.

I would hate to think that ole blarch was just trying to drum up argument threads here using quotes that trace back to some Dillweed's journal page at Deluded Undergarments.

Not to steal your thunder man, but what exactly did you type into Google?

http://www.ontheissues.org/2004/Dick_Cheney_Budget_+_Economy.htm

I don't exactly know how true this was. Could be nothing more then a pissed off guy spreading lies.

Molon Labe
08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
What to make of the Washington Post graph numbers (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2009/03/21/GR2009032100104.html)

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2009/03/21/GR2009032100104.gif

Looks like Deficits are right up Obama's ally.

djones520
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
He'll just tell you that 2009 is Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

Molon Labe
08-10-2010, 03:15 PM
He'll just tell you that 2009 is Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

Oh...he cuts the deficit alright. His OWN 2009 deficit. Watch how it leaps out of control because of the coming spending projections.

asdf2231
08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Not to steal your thunder man, but what exactly did you type into Google?

http://www.ontheissues.org/2004/Dick_Cheney_Budget_+_Economy.htm

I don't exactly know how true this was. Could be nothing more then a pissed off guy spreading lies.

Don't know the context and I'm highly suspicious of any thing that guy says that is uncorroborated.

If it was something in the manner of :deficits don't matter we have a war to win". fuckkit. Im okay with that