PDA

View Full Version : Would Sarah Palin make a good president?

MountainMan
07-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Poll to follow.

I am asking this based on the latest Rasmussan poll showing her basically tied with Obama. That being said, I am NOT asking if she would be a better president than the current one. We all know she would.

So again, without comparing her to Prez Obumble, would she make a good president?

I answer no.

CueSi
07-17-2010, 02:07 PM
With the media's decided hatred of her, she would not be able to get a damn thing done. This is the same media that plowed Hilary Clinton under , and they AGREE with her.

~QC

Kay
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I voted yes.

But I also think that you could put any great person in that office,
and they are not going to be able to accomplish much. Between
the press and congress it's a hard row to hoe for anyone.

Bubba Dawg
07-17-2010, 02:38 PM
No.

I don't like her and wouldn't support her.

Articulate_Ape
07-17-2010, 02:42 PM
No.

I don't have a problem with her in the role she is paying, but, as I have said in other threads, I think she should stick with what she is doing. As president? No way.

Kay
07-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I would add too that while I think she would make a good president,
I don't think she could ever get elected. Whether I vote for her or not
would depend on who else was running against her, but I can't see
her winning a majority after all the crap that's gone on about her. And
with the damage done by Barry, I'm afraid there will be such a backlash
that will slingshot us back the other way so much that a woman won't
have a chance. It will be a white male elected I predict.

Bubba Dawg
07-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't have a problem with her in the role she is paying, but, as I have said in other threads, I think she should stick with what she is doing. As president? No way.

I shouldn't say or imply that there isn't a role for her because so many conservatives like her and she appeals to them. She clearly does have a role. She may even be on the ticket in 2012. She just isn't my choice for a candidate.

I've heard her name mentioned as a replacement for Steele at the RNC.

Zeus
07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I think if she surrounded herself with advisors with strong conxervative credentials she could be a good to great president. Because the media hates her she would have to make frequent use of the bully pulpit to bypass the media filter and take her message straight to the american public. Be a strong conservative populist President.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I like her - but she would be ineffective as president.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I voted yes. She would make a great President cause she is a fighter and passionate in her conservative beliefs. Just what Repubs needs rather than tax and spend RINO's like Mitt and Huck.

Since the media hates her. that is a plus for me. Sure do not want the media picking our candidate

BTW, if Obama runs in 012, why would you not compare her against him? Does not make sense.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I LOVED her speech when she was introduced as McCain's running mate. Absolutely spot on and pitch perfect. I think she is MOSTLY right on the issues, and she absolutely gets unfair and horrible treatment from the press, she would not be my first choice for the office. I think she is incredibly effective from the sidelines and would hate to see her leave that role.

That being said, I also don't know of anyone likely to run that I like better - and that bothers me.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 05:40 PM
I LOVED her speech when she was introduced as McCain's running mate. Absolutely spot on and pitch perfect. I think she is MOSTLY right on the issues, and she absolutely gets unfair and horrible treatment from the press, she would not be my first choice for the office. I think she is incredibly effective from the sidelines and would hate to see her leave that role.

That being said, I also don't know of anyone likely to run that I like better - and that bothers me.

What bothers me is that the Repubs will nominate someone like Mitt who is a smooth talking Yankee RINO who talks a good game but as Governor his words do not meet his actions. On the other hand, Palin's words do meet her actions as a hawk on spending and taxes. Another Democratic lite in office on the spending side like Bush will ruin us financially.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 06:04 PM

Many probably said that about the new Governor of NJ. You gotta be passionate and determined in your beliefs. She has it.

Bleda
07-17-2010, 06:14 PM
How would she be ineffective as President? If she had a conservative (or, at least, Republican) Congress and the support of the American people, she would be able to do almost anything, especially on the national security/foreign policy front.

07-17-2010, 06:16 PM
What bothers me is that the Repubs will nominate someone like Mitt who is a smooth talking Yankee RINO who talks a good game but as Governor his words do not meet his actions. On the other hand, Palin's words do meet her actions as a hawk on spending and taxes. Another Democratic lite in office on the spending side like Bush will ruin us financially.

I agree that another free spending RHINO will ruin us, but I just suspect that Palin is NOT as conservative as she appears. I will readily admit that I could be wrong on this - it is just a feeling I get about her.

I (sort of but not fully) give Romney a bit of a pass - in that he actually governed more conservative than he ran - but there is that HUGE exception of his health care plan that is unacceptable on a national level. I actually have no issue with the States experimenting however they wish it is just unconstitutional for it to be done on a national basis. If he does not repudiate this, and does not pledge to overturn the national plan, I will actively work against him in any primary.

As for who I would support??

I could support any Republican who I believe would repeal the National Health Care plan.

I would support any Republican who would eliminate most of the Cabinet positions.

I would support any Libertarian (running on a Republican ticket) who realizes we must fight radical Islam wherever it manifests itself. In fact, this would be my ideal candidate.

I could not support a third party candidate at this time. We are witnessing now the results of what happens when we stay home or vote third party. Yea, we sure get energized, but the damage is already done and it may not be repairable.

Bleda
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Allen West? :)

Molon Labe
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
No.

This^

LOL at anyone who thinks she would.

07-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Allen West? :)

What I know of him - I really like.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
How would she be ineffective as President? If she had a conservative (or, at least, Republican) Congress and the support of the American people, she would be able to do almost anything, especially on the national security/foreign policy front.

Not without super majorities.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Not without super majorities.

Did Reagan have a super majority? No

Does Gov. Christie even have a majority? No

Point being is that if you have leadership, you can get a bunch of things done even when you do not have super majorities.

If you are waiting for a super majority, hell might freeze over plus you have 3 Yankee RINO's so you would need at least 63 in the Senate.

Articulate_Ape
07-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I would like to reiterated my position with regard to the fact that, whether Sarah Palin is presidential material or not, I can state with a high level or confidence that I'd hit it.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Did Reagan have a super majority? No

Does Gov. Christie even have a majority? No

Point being is that if you have leadership, you can get a bunch of things done even when you do not have super majorities.

If you are waiting for a super majority, hell might freeze over plus you have 3 Yankee RINO's so you would need at least 63 in the Senate.

Reagan was dealing with a different quality of democrat.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 08:12 PM

So what. Christie is dealing with a different type of Democrat than those in that era also. At the present time, you do not have any Blue Dog Democrats in the Senate either. .

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 08:20 PM
So what. Christie is dealing with a different type of Democrat than those in that era also. At the present time, you do not have any Blue Dog Democrats in the Senate either. .

Christie is also dealing with a state legislature that is up for re-election soon and if they do not do what the people want - they will not get re-elected. Wait and see how things go for him after the election.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Christie is also dealing with a state legislature that is up for re-election soon and if they do not do what the people want - they will not get re-elected. Wait and see how things go for him after the election.

That is part of it but the major part is that he has shown leadership in my opinion. He also has the power of the line item veto. He can whip the legislature onto his side but it takes balls and determination.

Cobra
07-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Poll to follow.

I am asking this based on the latest Rasmussan poll showing her basically tied with Obama. That being said, I am NOT asking if she would be a better president than the current one. We all know she would.

So again, without comparing her to Prez Obumble, would she make a good president?

I answer no.

I answered no as well.

Sarah was excellent for conservatives to place a definition on what they want. But, what they want is someone who will speak up, speak out.

Sarah is a great gal, but conservatives, well, we need MORE.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I answered no as well.

Sarah was excellent for conservatives to place a definition on what they want. But, what they want is someone who will speak up, speak out.

Sarah is a great gal, but conservatives, well, we need MORE.

I have a hard time following that line of thought. You say "she WAS (past tense) excellent for conservatives to place a definition on what they want." So, she has served her useful purpose and her brand of conservatism is no longer needed.:confused::confused::confused:

I would say she has earned 12 million bucks by speaking out. Plus, she does not get peanuts for her speaking engagements. Additionally, she draws bigger crowds than any Democrat or Repub I know including the O.

Yous say conservatives need MORE. More of what? Surely not another RINO like Mitt, Huck or soft in the head Newt.

Rockntractor
07-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Poll to follow.

I answer no.

Trouble maker!:D

Cobra
07-17-2010, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=lacarnut;289428]I have a hard time following that line of thought. You say "she WAS (past tense) excellent for conservatives to place a definition on what they want." So, she has served her useful purpose and her brand of conservatism is no longer needed.:confused::confused::confused:

I would say she has earned 12 million bucks by speaking out. Plus, she does not get peanuts for her speaking engagements. Additionally, she draws bigger crowds than any Democrat or Repub I know including the O.

Yous say conservatives need MORE. More of what? Surely not another RINO like Mitt, Huck or soft in the head Newt.[/QUOT

First, lets understand one thing. I love Sarah Palin.

But, conservatives need a leader, as yet, undefined, not rinos, that's not what I'm saying.

Sarah is beholding to McCain - a Rino.

We need someone beholding to no one - with the exception (the Rule!) of the American Electorate.

Rockntractor
07-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Quality and democrat do not belong in the same sentence.

O'Malley
07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't believe her political philosophy is anywhere near McCain. Her selection as running mate was a desperation move by McCain, who knew he had no street cred with convservaties.

McCain's handlers bash Palin behind her back to this day.

Screw them!

Bleda
07-17-2010, 09:13 PM
But, conservatives need a leader, as yet, undefined, not rinos, that's not what I'm saying.

We need someone beholding to no one - with the exception (the Rule!) of the American Electorate.

So, who? :rolleyes:

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 09:15 PM

How do you know that. She cleaned house with crooked Repub politicians in AK, forced EXXON to drill on oil leases that they had sitting on for years, cut the budget, gave refunds back to taxpayers and had a very high approval rate.

I have asked this question several times without an answer. What politician has more experience dealing with big oil than she does. If she had been VP, the fuck up in the Gulf would have been greatly diminished. If energy is a national security issue, what Repub politician would you rather have in charge. Looks like a no brainer to me.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=lacarnut;289428]I have a hard time following that line of thought. You say "she WAS (past tense) excellent for conservatives to place a definition on what they want." So, she has served her useful purpose and her brand of conservatism is no longer needed.:confused::confused::confused:

Yous say conservatives need MORE. More of what? Surely not another RINO like Mitt, Huck or soft in the head Newt.[/QUOT

First, lets understand one thing. I love Sarah Palin.

Sarah is beholding to McCain - a Rino.

Politician beholding to no one is unheard of. Money talks and if you give enough you get access.

Palin stated after the election that she would campaign for him. She kept her word. That what I call someone with integrity. She will take a lot of heat for supporting McCain. I just don't think she is your garden variety selfish, self absorbing politician. Kinda refreshing if you ask me.

Cobra
07-17-2010, 09:38 PM
How do you know that. She cleaned house with crooked Repub politicians in AK, forced EXXON to drill on oil leases that they had sitting on for years, cut the budget, gave refunds back to taxpayers and had a very high approval rate.

I have asked this question several times without an answer. What politician has more experience dealing with big oil than she does. If she had been VP, the fuck up in the Gulf would have been greatly diminished. If energy is a national security issue, what Repub politician would you rather have in charge. Looks like a no brainer to me.

How do I know that?

I am part of the voting public - that's how.

No, there is not an alternate yet, but, I'll hold out for one. If it's Sarah, she's a go, 'cause I vote repub...

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 10:03 PM
How do I know that?

I am part of the voting public - that's how.

No, there is not an alternate yet, but, I'll hold out for one. If it's Sarah, she's a go, 'cause I vote repub...

Not to rain on your parade but I THINK (not KNOW) that Palin would make a great President. Politicians get in office and in many cases do what they damn well please. I am a big fan of hers because I BELIEVE she will do what she says.

If we elect a Repub President that cuts taxes and gets the economy rolling again, many on the hill will forget about cutting spending. That will be an unmitigated disaster. Cutting taxes without cutting spending and entitlements will be like pissing in the wind. You can book it that the Repub party controlled by the eastern establishment will do everything in their power to defeat Palin if she runs. She is a threat to their good old boy politics. You can bet on that.

Bleda
07-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I would like to reiterated my position with regard to the fact that, whether Sarah Palin is presidential material or not, I can state with a high level or confidence that I'd hit it.

Is this you? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZe6H-Zc24&feature=player_embedded

(The guy with the blue shirt)

Kay
07-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I feel pretty sure that Newt might run this time around.

Kay
07-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Tee hee....that video was priceless Casey. :p

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I feel pretty sure that Newt might run this time around.

I think so too. Newt stated that this could be a wonderful opportunity for the Tea Party and the NAACP to get together and smoke a peace pipe. Don't think so when the enemy is calling the entire organization racist. Newt has gotten soft in the head. Another example of his stupidity is when he stated that Pisslosi is a nice person. Ugh:confused::confused::confused:

Kay
07-17-2010, 10:43 PM
That and Newt is part of the "old career Washington" crowd.
I think with the anti-incumbent atmosphere of today he'd have a hard time.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 10:43 PM

I had to go to the youtube page and read the comments before I caught on about his "little" problem . . . . :eek:

NJCardFan
07-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Here's the thing. The one major thing that really turns me off to her is that she quit as Alaska's governor. Yes I understand her reasoning behind that but the fact of the matter is, she quit. If you think the job as president isn't going to have it's ass puckering moments you're nuts and if you don't think the media is still going to go after your family, again you're nuts. It's going to be worse. I would support her as a congresswoman, senator, or even Veep but not the top job. Not that I wouldn't support her if even vote for her if she ran(I would never, ever vote Democrat no matter what) but I don't think she would be very affective as President, not without a conservative super majority and that will never happen. When the congress and senate is still stocked with Dems and RINO's you must govern from the center.

As for Christie, he's putting his money where his mouth is. And believe em when I tell you he isn't making any friends and I love it and I'm being adversely affected by what he's doing but I don't care. I support him. Hell, he just signed a property tax cap (2%). But his guy in m department is doing all the wrong things IMO.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Here's the thing. The one major thing that really turns me off to her is that she quit as Alaska's governor. Yes I understand her reasoning behind that but the fact of the matter is, she quit. If you think the job as president isn't going to have it's ass puckering moments you're nuts and if you don't think the media is still going to go after your family, again you're nuts. It's going to be worse. I would support her as a congresswoman, senator, or even Veep but not the top job. Not that I wouldn't support her if even vote for her if she ran(I would never, ever vote Democrat no matter what) but I don't think she would be very affective as President, not without a conservative super majority and that will never happen. When the congress and senate is still stocked with Dems and RINO's you must govern from the center.

As for Christie, he's putting his money where his mouth is. And believe em when I tell you he isn't making any friends and I love it and I'm being adversely affected by what he's doing but I don't care. I support him. Hell, he just signed a property tax cap (2%). But his guy in m department is doing all the wrong things IMO.

Two Governors QUIT, QUIT, QUIT their jobs to join the Obama Administration. You could say the voters got short changed because they did not complete their term. I look at it a little bit differently. So what, these Jackasses are out for number 1 so it is not like another Jackass will not take their place. Only they think they are so important. Sure as hell ain't me. Hillary will probably quit her post to run for President. I guess it all depends on who, what, where and when a politician quits is of significant importance in the minds of some people.

Palin is not worried about attacks on her or her family. She welcomes them and says bring it on unlike the wimps in the Repub party that make me want to go throw up. She can make plenty of money by not running. That will not keep the left and the Rockefeller Repubs from bashing her.

You say that a Repub must govern from the center. Why must you crawfish back in your hole if you strongly believe in spending cuts. Liberals are not guided by this type of stupidity. They are hell bent on achieving their agenda while the willy nilly Repubs with no backbone cave in. For example, Bush had a majority in both houses and could not pass cuts to NPR and the Arts. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. The Repubs need a strong leader and I think Palin is the ticket.

I like Christie also but why can he not do what the Governor of VA is doing which is going back to the budget of 2006. That will be some heavy duty cutting. Like I have said, cutting taxes without cutting spending is like pissing in the wind.

Kay
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
It would have bothered me more if Sarah had quit and then just stayed home writing books. If she'd just quit to escape the pressure. But that is not what she did, she quit I believe to go on the offensive. She was held back by McRino and made to look like a hick by the MSM. She could have just folded and gone home, or she could have just finished out her term in office out of the national spotlight and faded away.

Instead she chose to come out fighting and correct the record by telling her side of the story. She didn't waste another 2 years being in the background as Gov of Alaska. She wanted to go national and did at the peak time when she could make the biggest splash. She's crossed the country from state to state meeting people and positioning herself well.

On the family matters, I like the way she has handled all of that. She has never even once tried to cover up anything about her family or make excuses. That's why people connect so much with her on a personal level. She is the everyday common woman just like the rest of us with a real life and a real family.

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 12:10 AM
It would have bothered me more if Sarah had quit and then just stayed home writing books. If she'd just quit to escape the pressure. But that is not what she did, she quit I believe to go on the offensive. She was held back by McRino and made to look like a hick by the MSM. She could have just folded and gone home, or she could have just finished out her term in office out of the national spotlight and faded away.

Instead she chose to come out fighting and correct the record by telling her side of the story. She didn't waste another 2 years being in the background as Gov of Alaska. She wanted to go national and did at the peak time when she could make the biggest splash. She's crossed the country from state to state meeting people and positioning herself well.

On the family matters, I like the way she has handled all of that. She has never even once tried to cover up anything about her family or make excuses. That's why people connect so much with her on a personal level. She is the everyday common woman just like the rest of us with a real life and a real family.

Agree. That's what I like about her; she is a fighter. As far as I am concerned, she jacked McCain vote count up by 5 to 10 points. He would have gotten slaughtered without her so I do not understand why conservatives either do not like her or don't think she would not be a good President. All I have heard is that she quit, her speech is not blue blood Repub material, she is polarizing, she would be a nice piece of tail, etc. I am still waiting for someone to match up her accomplishments with another Repub. especially in the areas of energy and fiscal responsibility. Mitt and Huck can not hold a candle.

Dan D. Doty
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
You know what's the good thing is about this thread?

Unlike DU, we don't make polls into traps so we can kick people out for not agreeing with the Collective 100%.

PoliCon
07-18-2010, 01:23 AM
You know what's the good thing is about this thread?

Unlike DU, we don't make polls into traps so we can kick people out for not agreeing with the Collective 100%.

:eek: You mean . . . :eek:

You mean we're NOT gonna ban those who want Palin to be president?? :mad:;)

NJCardFan
07-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Lacarnut, what is your problem with the north? You lost the war. Get over it. And if you think running a state is like running the country, you're sorely mistaken.

You say that a Repub must govern from the center. Why must you crawfish back in your hole if you strongly believe in spending cuts. Liberals are not guided by this type of stupidity.
Because you're never going to have a super majority, or majority for that matter, of conservatives you dipstick. Yes Bush had a Republican majority but not every Republican is a conservative, as we all know. This is why he couldn't reform SS. Unless you're going to get a conservative majority, you're going to have to play ball. You just can't go around passing executive all over the place trying to push your agenda though. It's not realistic.

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Lacarnut, what is your problem with the north? You lost the war. Get over it. And if you think running a state is like running the country, you're sorely mistaken.

Because you're never going to have a super majority, or majority for that matter, of conservatives you dipstick. Yes Bush had a Republican majority but not every Republican is a conservative, as we all know. This is why he couldn't reform SS. Unless you're going to get a conservative majority, you're going to have to play ball. You just can't go around passing executive all over the place trying to push your agenda though. It's not realistic.

I have a problem with so many RINO politicians who just happen to live in the north. Dipsticks like you have to live with them, I don't. The war is a figment of your imagination. Romney is a damn RINO that I do NOT want to see as our nominee. Looks like you do not want to put up Romney or Hucks record against Palin. Why am I not surprised.

I find it amusing that conservatives like you think our problems can be fixed by playing ball and governing from the center. Bush got us into this mess by doing exactly that. Unless a radical change is made regarding spending, I predict we will go bankrupt in the next 10 years when debt goes up to 20 trillion and no one will buy our debt. . Democrats do not believe that. So, it is either root hog or die in my opinion. Compassionate conservatism and going along to get along is not going to work either. Democrats will fight spending cuts tooth and nail. So what is your solution? Mine is to get off the pot and fight.

Running a state is not like running the country. That is a real eye opener. The three front runners in the hunt for the Repub nomination are all ex Governors. Like Bill Clinton said, no one is prepared to be President. It is on the job training. You know of any Repub. that has this experience?

Satanicus
07-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Every time , without exception , barr none.

obx
07-18-2010, 10:45 AM
She would be much better than the idiot holding the office now.
________
Volcano Digital Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

PoliCon
07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
She would be much better than the idiot holding the office now.

A pile of monkey shit would make a better president than what we have now. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
07-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I have a problem with so many RINO politicians who just happen to live in the north. Dipsticks like you have to live with them, I don't. The war is a figment of your imagination. Romney is a damn RINO that I do NOT want to see as our nominee. Looks like you do not want to put up Romney or Hucks record against Palin. Why am I not surprised.

I find it amusing that conservatives like you think our problems can be fixed by playing ball and governing from the center. Bush got us into this mess by doing exactly that. Unless a radical change is made regarding spending, I predict we will go bankrupt in the next 10 years when debt goes up to 20 trillion and no one will buy our debt. . Democrats do not believe that. So, it is either root hog or die in my opinion. Compassionate conservatism and going along to get along is not going to work either. Democrats will fight spending cuts tooth and nail. So what is your solution? Mine is to get off the pot and fight.

Running a state is not like running the country. That is a real eye opener. The three front runners in the hunt for the Repub nomination are all ex Governors. Like Bill Clinton said, no one is prepared to be President. It is on the job training. You know of any Repub. that has this experience?

You know, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. When exactly did I even mention the names Romney or anyone else? Please go back to all 3,000 + posts of mine and find where I EVER supported Romney. Also, again, for the billionth time, unless you have a majority of conservatives in the house and senate, I don't care if you're the 2nd coming of Reagan wrapped in Goldwater, you're not going to get anything done. Period. What is she going to do, spend 4 years shooting everything down and having a pissing contest? The problem is with the Republican Party. As you said, the Democrats, even when bickering, stick together. The Republicans splinter off like a broken bat and jump ship. If you think this is going to happen otherwise, you're as nave as a newborn. And for the record, I'm a registered Libertarian, genius.

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
You know, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. When exactly did I even mention the names Romney or anyone else? Please go back to all 3,000 + posts of mine and find where I EVER supported Romney. Also, again, for the billionth time, unless you have a majority of conservatives in the house and senate, I don't care if you're the 2nd coming of Reagan wrapped in Goldwater, you're not going to get anything done. Period. What is she going to do, spend 4 years shooting everything down and having a pissing contest? The problem is with the Republican Party. As you said, the Democrats, even when bickering, stick together. The Republicans splinter off like a broken bat and jump ship. If you think this is going to happen otherwise, you're as nave as a newborn. And for the record, I'm a registered Libertarian, genius.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall also. You do not seem to understand that unless spending is cut this country is headed off a cliff. RINO's and moderates will not get the job done. It is not in the DNA of current members of Congress to cut anything. So, what is needed is a leader who will change that mentality. You do not need a super majority to pass legislation. This is faulty thinking. Reagan did not have a super majority. Using the bully pulpit works; something that Bush did not do.

The Presidential election is a long way off, genius. It is possible that we will have a super majority in 012. So for the billionth time, spending needs to be cut and we need someone like Palin to get the job done. You are the naive one if you do not see spending and huge deficits as a tremendous problem.

NJCardFan
07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall also. You do not seem to understand that unless spending is cut this country is headed off a cliff. RINO's and moderates will not get the job done. It is not in the DNA of current members of Congress to cut anything. So, what is needed is a leader who will change that mentality. You do not need a super majority to pass legislation. This is faulty thinking. Reagan did not have a super majority. Using the bully pulpit works; something that Bush did not do.

The Presidential election is a long way off, genius. It is possible that we will have a super majority in 012. So for the billionth time, spending needs to be cut and we need someone like Palin to get the job done. You are the naive one if you do not see spending and huge deficits as a tremendous problem.

Why must you parrot everything I say? Do you not have an original thought of your own? Obviously not. And...

I NEVER FUCKING SAID IT WASN'T THE FUCKING PROBLEM YOU THICK HEADED ERECT PENIS!

Jesus fuck it's like talking to a fucking child! And unless you believe that the actual Conservative Party is going to sweep the mid terms, you cannot even dream that we will have a CONSERVATIVE majority. It isn't going to fucking happen unless there is some miracle. Why you can't understand this is beyond me and bully pulpit all you want, unless congress can get bills passed, they won't even make to the presidents desk. Maybe if you go back and take 9th grade civics you might understand how our government works.

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=NJCardFan;289738]Why must you parrot everything I say? Do you not have an original thought of your own? Obviously not. And...

DON'T GET YOUR BOWELS IN AN UPROAR, YOUR BRAINS ARE LIABLE TO EXPLODE. THAT'S IF YOU HAVE ANY TO START OFF WITH.

JESUS FUCK IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A PENETENARY GUARD.

NJCardFan
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=NJCardFan;289738]Why must you parrot everything I say? Do you not have an original thought of your own? Obviously not. And...

DON'T GET YOUR BOWELS IN AN UPROAR, YOUR BRAINS ARE LIABLE TO EXPLODE. THAT'S IF YOU HAVE ANY TO START OFF WITH.

JESUS FUCK IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A PENETENARY GUARD.
OK. I'm now convinced you are a 12 year old troll. And it's spelled penitentiary you idiot. And definitely a job you would have the nads to do.

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=lacarnut;289750]
OK. I'm now convinced you are a 12 year old troll. And it's spelled penitentiary you idiot. And definitely a job you would have the nads to do.

I am convinced you can spell. Comprehension is lacking though, you idiot. Not a matter of nads; being an auditor was more my style and more profitable.

noonwitch
07-19-2010, 08:36 AM
No. She quit her job as Governor of Alaska. And, if people think that the media attacks on her were bad in 2008, they will be worse if she's at the top of the ticket.

Also, she has compromised herself somewhat by being a FOX commentator. The case could be made that she is campaigning now in that job, if she were to announce in a few months that she was running.

I don't think she'd be able to beat Obama, either-not in a debate, and not in the election.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
No. She quit her job as Governor of Alaska. And, if people think that the media attacks on her were bad in 2008, they will be worse if she's at the top of the ticket.

Also, she has compromised herself somewhat by being a FOX commentator. The case could be made that she is campaigning now in that job, if she were to announce in a few months that she was running.

I don't think she'd be able to beat Obama, either-not in a debate, and not in the election.

Donald Duck could beat the Magic Negro. He has fucked up everything up from health care to the economy to bailouts to deficits spending. Every one of those items are not popular with the American voters. If he keeps on his insane spending ways, we will go into a double dip recession.

Let's see. Obama favorability ratings are sinking like a rock. Palin's favorability is rising. Looks like Obama is in deep shit to me. If I were a liberal, I would be more worried about the slaughter that the Tea Party and Repubs are going to put on the Donkeys in Nov. rather than a Presidential election 2 1/2 years off. However, I predict she will not only be the nominee but that she will clean his plow in the debates and in the election. She did a number on Biden in their one and only debate if memory serves me right.

noonwitch
07-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Donald Duck could beat the Magic Negro. He has fucked up everything up from health care to the economy to bailouts to deficits spending. Every one of those items are not popular with the American voters. If he keeps on his insane spending ways, we will go into a double dip recession.

Let's see. Obama favorability ratings are sinking like a rock. Palin's favorability is rising. Looks like Obama is in deep shit to me. If I were a liberal, I would be more worried about the slaughter that the Tea Party and Repubs are going to put on the Donkeys in Nov. rather than a Presidential election 2 1/2 years off. However, I predict she will not only be the nominee but that she will clean his plow in the debates and in the election. She did a number on Biden in their one and only debate if memory serves me right.

Dream on. She's not liked by a good number of voters, not just democrats. She's an advocate for abstinence only education, and her teenage daughter managed to get knocked up, anyways.

Obama's got two more years, and the voters who decide elections are fickle. If the economy is doing better in 2012, he'll win re-election.

namvet
07-19-2010, 10:48 AM
as prez no.

RNC chairman yes !!!!

also in the house or senate since so many craps are gonna be pink slipped in Nov. I'd luv to see her knock Pelosi's lights out

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Dream on. She's not liked by a good number of voters, not just democrats. She's an advocate for abstinence only education, and her teenage daughter managed to get knocked up, anyways.

Obama's got two more years, and the voters who decide elections are fickle. If the economy is doing better in 2012, he'll win re-election.

We will see won't we. Nothing fickle about how bad the Democrats are going to get the piss stomped out of them in November. No sirree.

Your hatred of Palin is rather pathetic. She is a private citizen making plenty of money and it just infuriates Liberals like you. The liberal news media is worried about whether she got a boob job or not. You are worried about her getting paid for GUEST appearances (not a regular gig) on Fox cause she might run for President. Keep on attacking her cause she thrives off it, and dumb ass liberals are too stupid to realize it. So, keep it up. Just going to make her more popular and put more money in her checking account.

My question to you is what business is it of yours to question a private citizen making a living from a private enterprise? No taxpayer money is involved here. On the other hand, the Magic Negro campaigned for two years while a Senator for President on the taxpayers dime. I think you have your priorities fucked up. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

namvet
07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
We will see won't we. Nothing fickle about how bad the Democrats are going to get the piss stomped out of them in November. No sirree.

Your hatred of Palin is rather pathetic. She is a private citizen making plenty of money and it just infuriates Liberals like you. The liberal news media is worried about whether she got a boob job or not. You are worried about her getting paid for GUEST appearances (not a regular gig) on Fox cause she might run for President. Keep on attacking her cause she thrives off it, and dumb ass liberals are too stupid to realize it. So, keep it up. Just going to make her more popular and put more money in her checking account.

My question to you is what business is it of yours to question a private citizen making a living from a private enterprise? No taxpayer money is involved here. On the other hand, the Magic Negro campaigned for two years while a Senator for President on the taxpayers dime. I think you have your priorities fucked up. Either that or you are a hypocrite.

noonwitch is a libtard???? no wonder she likes terrorists :eek:

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 11:19 AM
noonwitch is a libtard???? no wonder she likes terrorists :eek:

You better believe it.

Most of us that had been demonized by the press like Palin has would have been satisfied with writing a book, making a few million and packing it in and going back home. Not her cause she is tough as nails. Bought a house in DC and giving Obama and his Administration a case of whip ass on a weekly basis. She makes them look like fools. She is going to be our next President.

djones520
07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
You better believe it.

Most of us that had been demonized by the press like Palin has would have been satisfied with writing a book, making a few million and packing it in and going back home. Not her cause she is tough as nails. Bought a house in DC and giving Obama and his Administration a case of whip ass on a weekly basis. She makes them look like fools. She is going to be our next President.

And if she's not?

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 11:34 AM
And if she's not?

Nothing is guaranteed in life. But, but, I have this strong feeling that it is gonna happen. Plus, I will survive either way.

swirling_vortex
07-19-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't think she would be half-bad as long as she surrounded herself with the right people and not McCain advisors. However, her image has been trashed to the point where she would be attacked for every little thing. I still think that we'd be better off promoting someone who hasn't been exposed to the media and actively promotes strong fiscal responsibilities such as Jim DeMint or Gary Johnson.

noonwitch
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM

If she is on a Fox news show more than once a week, it's a regular gig. If they advertise that she is a correspondent, it's a regular gig. If she makes public appearances with FOX anchors, under the FOX banner, it's a regular gig, even if she forgoes a speaker's pay for that particular engagement. FOX is giving her airtime to campaign. If she were a democrat on CNN, you'd be pointing out the same thing.

Your criticism of Obama running as a Senator is not the same thing. George HW Bush was Vice President when he camgaigned for the presidency. Bob Dole was a senator when he ran in 1996. They paid for their campaign air time with campaign money.

I don't hate Palin, but I don't want her to be president. I really don't care whether she got a boob job or not. She is too extreme of a conservative, and her own family doesn't practice the conservative social values that she wants to inflict on everyone else, which makes her the hypocrite. Go ahead, make her your nominee. Your side will lose. You are seriously overestimating her appeal to anyone outside of the extreme conservative right.

Democrats tanking still doesn't necessarily translate to huge GOP victories in November. The GOP still has to offer something other than "not Obama". I haven't really seen much of that going on, all I see is criticism of Obama and Democrats. There are lots of unhatched chickens being counted, and there's still 4 months to go before the midterm elections.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't think she would be half-bad as long as she surrounded herself with the right people and not McCain advisors. However, her image has been trashed to the point where she would be attacked for every little thing. I still think that we'd be better off promoting someone who hasn't been exposed to the media and actively promotes strong fiscal responsibilities such as Jim DeMint or Gary Johnson.

I don't think she wants any part of McCain back stabbers. You are correct that she has been trashed unmercifully. However, it may cause a backlash as her positives have started to increase. It really does not make any difference who the Repub nominate because it will be a down and dirty campaign. There will be mud slinging like you have never seen. I want someone who will stand up to the barrage of attacks not a wimp. McCain proved he was not ready for prime time and do not think Huck, Mitt or Newt is either.

I like DeMint but do not know enough about him. The Repubs need someone with balls that will confront the Democrats and take his or her program to the American people. Plain and simple, spending has to be cut or we are in for bad times ahead. Moderation and middle of the road fiscal responsibility will just kick the can down the road.

djones520
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I think the biggest thing you've got to look at Lacar is the poll right up top here. Nearly half of the people think's she will not do well. This would be her base. If the conservative base can't get 100% behind her then the independants aren't going to.

NJCardFan
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Just to clarify for the obviously uneducated, Sarah is not just a "guest" on Fox News. She's actually contracted to be on there. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/11/palin-join-fox-news-contributor/) What I'm finding funny with this subject is that we have some people here bordering on moonbat when it comes to this subject. Another fact that is being overlooked is her experience. Yes. Her experience. Everyone is seeing what happens when we elect someone with so little experience, the swing voters will not want to make that mistake again. This is a reality some people are not willing to accept. Do I agree with her views? Yes, almost 100% across the board but she has already shown that with it comes to things like foreign policy(yes, foreign policy is important) she's pretty much clueless. This is why I would like her to get her feet wet in the House or Senate. I think she would make a great Senator.

fettpett
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I like her, think she would make a great President.

That said, She'd have a very hard time getting the Nomination let alone the Presidency. There are a lot of people that agree with her, but don't like her personally and wont vote for her.

I say we focus on other candidates that fit, Mitch Daniels, Paul Ryan, John Thune, Mike Pence, and a few others. Any one of those guys would make great Presidents and could win aginst this dipshit we have in office.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I think the biggest thing you've got to look at Lacar is the poll right up top here. Nearly half of the people think's she will not do well. This would be her base. If the conservative base can't get 100% behind her then the independants aren't going to.

Let me put this way. The poll is skewed. The question is do you think she would make a good President. Then it states a QUALIFIER which is "we all know that she would be better than Obama." That taints the poll in my opinion.

Put another poll up and ask who would you vote for Palin, Obama, stay at home or a 3rd party. That would be a fairer poll don't you think. FYI, a poll over at CC states that 9 out of 9 think she would be a good President. So there you go.

Like I said, if the economy is shitty and I have no reason to see it improving that much, Obama will be defeated. McCain could beat him the second time around. Oh, the horrors of that happening. Are you going to stay home if you do not get the perfect candidate? I did not the last time and I sure as hell won't this time around.

CueSi
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM

That said, She'd have a very hard time getting the Nomination let alone the Presidency. There are a lot of people that agree with her, but don't like her personally and wont vote for her.

I say we focus on other candidates that fit, Mitch Daniels, Paul Ryan, John Thune, Mike Pence, and a few others. Any one of those guys would make great Presidents and could win aginst this dipshit we have in office.

Wasn't he the fella that was unfairly disgraced in the media and whose departure from the election enabled Obama to get into the Senate in the first place?

If his politics are right. . . I. Want. Him. In.

~QC

NJCardFan
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM

To be honest, I don't think the ideal candidate has shown his or herself yet. We'll see what happens in a few months and go from there. The Republicans screwed the majority up once before. If they get in and start making the same mistakes they did once Bush got elected. Which brings me to this. When Clinton got elected, the Democrats had the majority in government. They pretty much fumbled the ball early which led to the Republican Revolution of '94. Clinton was forced to move to the center and we benefited but he got re-elected. What scares me is that if the GOP takes back control, Obama will be forced to move to the center. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Just to clarify for the obviously uneducated, Sarah is not just a "guest" on Fox News. She's actually contracted to be on there. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/11/palin-join-fox-news-contributor/) What I'm finding funny with this subject is that we have some people here bordering on moonbat when it comes to this subject. Another fact that is being overlooked is her experience. Yes. Her experience. Everyone is seeing what happens when we elect someone with so little experience, the swing voters will not want to make that mistake again. This is a reality some people are not willing to accept. Do I agree with her views? Yes, almost 100% across the board but she has already shown that with it comes to things like foreign policy(yes, foreign policy is important) she's pretty much clueless. This is why I would like her to get her feet wet in the House or Senate. I think she would make a great Senator.

Just to clarify for the obvious asshole, Sarah makes guest appearances under contract. She does NOT have a show of her own. Is that better for you fuckhead. Evidently, you are too stupid to recognize her experience in energy and fiscal matters. I would not expect much more from a YANKEE prison guard. You have the intelligence of a 11 year old.

namvet
07-19-2010, 01:32 PM
the liberals hate her because she's American. and has American values.

Chuck58
07-19-2010, 01:59 PM

I could back Johnson. I supported him here in NM as Governor and, if I don't agree with everything he espouses, at least I do agree with 3/4 of his positions. I thought Johnson did a great job in NM. In particular I liked him when he had both parties mad at him, but such popular support that the republicans and many dems had to go along with him. Any candidate who is disliked by professional politicians of both parties is someone I can support.

I think he left office with nearly 60% approval rating here in NM after finishing his second term. I wouldn't swear to that, though. NM govs are limited to 2 terms.

fettpett
07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Wasn't he the fella that was unfairly disgraced in the media and whose departure from the election enabled Obama to get into the Senate in the first place?

If his politics are right. . . I. Want. Him. In.

~QC

no, Paul Ryan is a Rep from Janseville Wisconsin (my former rep actually) he was one of the leading voices against Health Care reform and the stimulus last year...he's been kinda quite lately, but he's been rock solid for the last 11 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ryan_%28politician%29

you're thinking of Peter Fitzgerald
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fitzgerald_%28senator%29

fettpett
07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
To be honest, I don't think the ideal candidate has shown his or herself yet. We'll see what happens in a few months and go from there. The Republicans screwed the majority up once before. If they get in and start making the same mistakes they did once Bush got elected. Which brings me to this. When Clinton got elected, the Democrats had the majority in government. They pretty much fumbled the ball early which led to the Republican Revolution of '94. Clinton was forced to move to the center and we benefited but he got re-elected. What scares me is that if the GOP takes back control, Obama will be forced to move to the center. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

I didn't say they were ideal, each one has a downside. However, none of them carry the baggage that Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Jindahl or Pawlenty all have.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 02:31 PM
the liberals hate her because she's American. and has American values.

Liberals will go on a hate, smear, racist rampage and it does not matter who the Repub nominee for President is. It will be a mud slinging, dirty campaign. Some people are too stupid to understand that. A mealy mouth candidate or RINO will not get the job done.

noonwitch
07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Liberals will go on a hate, smear, racist rampage and it does not matter who the Repub nominee for President is. It will be a mud slinging, dirty campaign. Some people are too stupid to understand that. A mealy mouth candidate or RINO will not get the job done.

Yeah, only the liberals and democrats use smear campaigns against opponents.

CueSi
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM
no, Paul Ryan is a Rep from Janseville Wisconsin (my former rep actually) he was one of the leading voices against Health Care reform and the stimulus last year...he's been kinda quite lately, but he's been rock solid for the last 11 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ryan_%28politician%29

you're thinking of Peter Fitzgerald
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fitzgerald_%28senator%29

Nope... I Was thinking... JACK RYAN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(politician)).If he had the right politics and wanted to run again... Oh, I would... I SO would.

~QC

NJCardFan
07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
he liberals hate her because she's American. and has American values.

Actually, they hate her(and Bachman for that matter) because she's not what they conceive to be what a woman is supposed to be. To them, if you're a woman who has conservative values and who embraces family values, you're as bad as a black conservative. A traitor to your gender. All women must be feminists. And by feminist I mean neo-lesbians; man hating power hungry women.

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
All women must be feminists. And by feminist I mean neo-lesbians; man hating power hungry women.

You forgot "ugly".

linda22003
07-19-2010, 05:32 PM

I kept waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened.

linda22003
07-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Just to clarify for the obvious asshole, Sarah makes guest appearances under contract.

Fox refers to her as a "contributor", not a "guest".

NJCardFan
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Just to clarify for the obvious asshole, Sarah makes guest appearances under contract. She does NOT have a show of her own. Is that better for you fuckhead. Evidently, you are too stupid to recognize her experience in energy and fiscal matters. I would not expect much more from a YANKEE prison guard. You have the intelligence of a 11 year old.

Wow. You didn't even read the link I posted from Fox News calling her a contributor and and not a guest did you? Obviously not. And once again for the reading comprehension impaired, I love her energy and economic ideals but that does not make a President. And nice name calling there. But since I have the intelligence of an 11 year old(once again parroting something I said to you...you know, that originality thing), I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. Talk to me when you're ready to discuss things like an adult, hmm-k?

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Folks, if Sarah Palin is anything, she is a team player. I think she will continue to hint at a 2012 candidacy just to confound the Liberal talking heads. She is not stupid; she knows the game very well now and will exploit it for the team. She is her own franchise at this point and there is damned little in it for her personally (she's doing just fine where she is) nor for the Conservative movement given the target she has on her back among the Liberal elite in the MSM and elsewhere. She will make for one hell of a diversionary "strawwoman" to take any arrows intended for her that the Left's quiver might hold (they already blew their wad).

At the end of the day, she can play the MSM like a tin flute with great prowess and retributive satisfaction as she keeps them distracted even as whomever the real candidate is carries on.

Mind you, my take on this could be all wrong, however I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

namvet
07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
just the thought she may run is driving liberals nuts. ive seen it on other forums. so ive hyped it up she will. just to keep them pissed off and angry. its an effective tool

patriot45
07-19-2010, 06:52 PM
just the thought she may run is driving liberals nuts. ive seen it on other forums. so ive hyped it up she will. just to keep them pissed off and angry. its an effective tool

Me too! its funny watching heads explode!
I haven't read the whole thread but...
I think a more serious question to ask now that we have seen the big zero in action, who would you vote for president the big 0 or Sarah!?!

namvet
07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Me too! its funny watching heads explode!
I haven't read the whole thread but...
I think a more serious question to ask now that we have seen the big zero in action, who would you vote for president the big 0 or Sarah!?!

oh ill take her over 0 anyday. but right now watching liberal heads implode has become a real hobby of mine

Hawkgirl
07-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, I think she would make a good President...but No, I don't think she will win the nomination. She is much too polarizing. Everyone knows so much about her and her family. The media will destroy her, and if she decides to run, she will probably end up in last place amoung the candidates.

I like her. I think she represents Conservative women well. I don't like that she quit as the Governor of Alaska. I think our candidate hasn't emerged yet. I do like Louisiana's governor, Bobby Jindal. I will vote for any R that wins the nomination. I do hope that it will NOT be Romney or any other RINO though.

namvet
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes, I think she would make a good President...but No, I don't think she will win the nomination. She is much too polarizing. Everyone knows so much about her and her family. The media will destroy her, and if she decides to run, she will probably end up in last place amoung the candidates.

I like her. I think she represents Conservative women well. I don't like that she quit as the Governor of Alaska. I think our candidate hasn't emerged yet. I do like Louisiana's governor, Bobby Jindal. I will vote for any R that wins the nomination. I do hope that it will NOT be Romney or any other RINO though.

do you know why she quit as governor ??? she was spending ALL her time handling frivolous liberal lawsuits. she had no time for her job so she stepped aside.

but now vengence is hers !!!!!

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Wow. You didn't even read the link I posted from Fox News calling her a contributor and and not a guest did you? Obviously not. And once again for the reading comprehension impaired, I love her energy and economic ideals but that does not make a President. And nice name calling there. But since I have the intelligence of an 11 year old(once again parroting something I said to you...you know, that originality thing), I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. Talk to me when you're ready to discuss things like an adult, hmm-k?

I was discussing the reasons why I support her like an adult until you came along with your personal attacks. Guest or Contributor who gives a shit. You and Linda want to make a mountain out of a molehill. She has a contractual agreement with Fox for making guest appearances just like Juan Williams. You want to discuss her qualifications in the field of ENERGY and FISCAL restraint. Bring it on Junior.

I will ask this question for the 10th time; what politician has more experience in the field of energy. You know that black stuff we we went to war over in the M.E. Also, if you have not figured it out, oil exports and high prices put a heavy burden on our economy. Something she is passionate about correcting; you heard of the AK to US natural gas pipeline? This country has pissed away a great deal of energy by not having a delivery method of bringing this gas to market. It has to be injected back into the ground.

If she had been VP, the oil spill would have been handled much better. She would have been on it on day 1. She forced EXXON to drill on the oil leases that they had been sitting on for years by threatening to cancel them. I don''t expect you to know squat about the oil industry. Energy is not only a foreign policy issue but a national security issue.Duh. So your remarks about her not having a clue abot foreign policy are not true. It is you, that has no clue. .

Let's see what else. She cut government spending when she took office. Sold the state airplane. Issued refunds from oil revenues to taxpayers. Not too many politicians I know have done that. Certainly none of the front runners. So let's hear something coming out of your mouth besides you do not like the way she talks, she is polarizing and she does not know anything about Foregin affairs. I know, she did not graduate from an Ivy league school so that is another plus. Rather refreshing that one politician out of the bunch of those in the mix did not graduate from a school of liberalism. BTW, Clinton came from a small state and did know beans about foreign affairs either. During the campaign, Clinton stated that no one is prepared for the highest office in the land; that it is a work in progress. Let's see if you can discuss her qualifications (rather than opinions) in a common sense manner. I seriously doubt it though.

Hawkgirl
07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
do you know why she quit as governor ??? she was spending ALL her time handling frivolous liberal lawsuits. she had no time for her job so she stepped aside.

I don't think that was the defining reason for her resignation. She had lawyers handling lawsuits. I think she resigned because having all that free time gives her unfettered ability to pursue her interests on the national stage. And she has been successful. The candidates she's endorsed have won, so far. (which is highlighted even more when up againts Zero's failure at securing nominations for his choices).

Rockntractor
07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't think that was the defining reason for her resignation. She had lawyers handling lawsuits. I think she resigned because having all that free time gives her unfettered ability to pursue her interests on the national stage. And she has been successful. The candidates she's endorsed have won, so far. (which is highlighted even more when up againts Zero's failure at securing nominations for his choices).
I wish we would give Steele the boot and make her the head of the Republican party, i would rejoin.

Hawkgirl
07-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I wish we would give Steele the boot and make her the head of the Republican party, i would rejoin.

I would love to see her as the head of the Republican Party.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 08:09 PM

I voted for Jindal and will vote for him when he runs for a 2nd term. He is not Presidential material in my opinion. He made a deal with the legislators that for campaign reform legislation he would allow them to double their salaries. LA already has high salaries for these critters. So the bill was passed. In this state if a Gov. does not sign a bill in so many days, it becomes law. That's what he was going to do until the public got wind of it and raised holy hell. He changed his mind and vetoed it. Crap like this is what turns people off to politics.

Kay
07-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I kept waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened.

Watch the guy in the blue shirt - when he stands next to Sarah,
he gets a boner. You can see it growing in his pants.

namvet
07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Watch the guy in the blue shirt - when he stands next to Sarah,
he gets a boner. You can see it growing in his pants.

is he in love or in heat???

is that a banana in your pants honey or are you just glad to see me ???? :D

Bleda
07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
"You know, conditions have really changed in Alaska in the political arena since Aug. 29, since I was tapped to run for VP. When that opposition research -- those researchers really bombarded Alaska -- started digging for dirt and have not let up. They're not gonna find any dirt," she said. "We keep proving that every time we win an ethics violation lawsuit, and we've won every one of them. But it has been costing our state millions of dollars. It's cost Todd and me. You know the adversaries would love to see us put on the path of personal bankruptcy so that we can't afford to run."

http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=8016906

namvet
07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
they dropped the lame stream media into alaska by parachute