PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. Lawyer Gets 10-Year Term In Terrorism Case

asdf2231
07-17-2010, 03:30 PM
July 15, 2010 A 70-year-old civil rights lawyer was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison in a terrorism case by a judge who boosted her original sentence by nearly eight years after concluding she lied to a jury and lacked remorse.

"I'm somewhat stunned," Lynne Stewart told U.S. District Judge John G. Koeltl after he announced the sentence for her conviction for letting a jailed Egyptian sheik communicate with his radical followers despite restrictions in place to prevent it.

The sentence, nearly four times longer than the two-year, four-month sentence she originally received in 2006, left Stewart sobbing in her prison uniform after Koeltl described his reasons for increasing the prison time significantly.

An appeals court had ordered a new sentencing, saying the terrorism component of the case needed to be considered, along with whether she committed perjury at her trial. The court said it had "serious doubts" whether her original sentence was reasonable.

The judge said public comments Stewart made after her first sentencing showed him that the "original sentence was not sufficient." He said she showed "a lack of remorse for conduct that was both illegal and potentially lethal."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128548493&sc=tw

WOOT!

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
WOOT! and then some!

DU+NU_Reject
07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Impressive... :eek:

But what does "TANSTAAFL" mean?:cool:

Odysseus
07-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I love that it was reported by NPR. They must have choked on their tofu when that story broke.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I love that it was reported by NPR. They must have choked on their tofu when that story broke.

I hope she never walks free again.

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I hope she never walks free again.

Don't count your chickens; the Magic Negro might pardon her.

PoliCon
07-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Oh the pleasure to be had making a campaign issue out of that if he did . . . .

lacarnut
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh the pleasure to be had making a campaign issue out of that if he did . . . .

The retards on the left would love it though. I betcha Obama had a hand in the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

obx
07-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Impressive... :eek:

But what does "TANSTAAFL" mean?:cool:

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

asdf2231
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM

^^^^wut he said^^^ :D

Odysseus
07-19-2010, 12:14 AM

Just in time for the next SCOTUS vacancy. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Just in time for the next SCOTUS vacancy. :rolleyes:

Well lets hope they put her in the general population then. Do the inmates in women's prisons take care of problem inmates like this??

Odysseus
07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Well lets hope they put her in the general population then. Do the inmates in women's prisons take care of problem inmates like this??

Beats me. Everything that I know about women's prisons comes from Sybil Danning/Linda Blair movies.

noonwitch
07-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Yes and no. Female inmates don't engage in sexual assault to the same degree male inmates do, but they do get nasty with the male officers-even when the male COs have not done anything wrong, the females still accuse them of it. And, just like Migs and his semen, women have nasty body fluids/no longer sanitary items that they can fling at their enemies.

Speedy
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM
WOOT!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/2010-02-04_114553.jpg

DU+NU_Reject
07-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Oh... ha. I picked that up in economics 101. :D
Didn't see it abbreviated, though...

^^^^wut he said^^^ :D

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/images/icons/icon14.gif All too true in politics.

PoliCon
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes and no. Female inmates don't engage in sexual assault to the same degree male inmates do, but they do get nasty with the male officers-even when the male COs have not done anything wrong, the females still accuse them of it. And, just like Migs and his semen, women have nasty body fluids/no longer sanitary items that they can fling at their enemies.

What I'm wondering is if they'll beat the shit out of her terrorist enabling ass.