PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann forms Tea Party Caucus

warpig
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
We just won't go away. Good for her.

Republicans have been wrangling for more than a year over how exactly to handle the tea party movement, but now Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is bringing them under the big tent.

The House Administration committee, which usually takes days to approve something of this nature, approved Bachmann's request to create a House Tea Party Caucus in a day. It will certainly give the national movement a more official voice within the House Republican Conference.

Bachmann, already a hero within the tea party, sent a letter to House Administration Chairman Robert Brady (D-Pa.) Thursday to register the House Tea Party Caucus to serve as an “informal group of members dedicated to promote Americans’ call for fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and limited government.”

Bachmann, in a statement, said Americans have “had enough of the spending, bureaucracy and the government-knows-best mentality running rampant today throughout the halls of Congress.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39848.html#ixzz0u2zfqeWU

djones520
07-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm surprised the Dem's didn't try to stonewall this.

NJCardFan
07-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Now Bachman is someone I'd support for President.

warpig
07-18-2010, 11:23 AM

I agree with that.

Calypso Jones
07-18-2010, 02:20 PM
MSnBC's Dylan Ratigan said several times on his show that she Bachman is full of crap and of course he had guests on that repeated the same thing.

Did you see the lady tea partier that said, you can call us what you want But what's important is what we answer to.

Beck says, we're being divided. Yes we are. And that division is being perpetrated by the left. I get the feeling they know exactly what their goal is.

warpig
07-18-2010, 06:36 PM
MSnBC's Dylan Ratigan said several times on his show that she Bachman is full of crap and of course he had guests on that repeated the same thing.

Did you see the lady tea partier that said, you can call us what you want But what's important is what we answer to.

Beck says, we're being divided. Yes we are. And that division is being perpetrated by the left. I get the feeling they know exactly what their goal is.

Most countries are divided over many issues, and have been for centuries. It is the normal state of affairs. Also individuals will flip flop depending on the issue at hand.

Good to see you!

lacarnut
07-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm surprised the Dem's didn't try to stonewall this.

Have no fear; democrats have target her as their #1 candidate to defeat in Nov. This will just make them and the media go after her more.

I would vote for her. However, her accomplishments and experience are few and far between. Plus, as others have stated that without a super majority, a Repub President will get little done. I disagree with that assessment.

jediab
07-20-2010, 12:12 PM

The only reason I say NO to her as President is because I don't want to loose her as my Congresswoman. ;)

jediab
07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Have no fear; democrats have target her as their #1 candidate to defeat in Nov. This will just make them and the media go after her more.

I would vote for her. However, her accomplishments and experience are few and far between. Plus, as others have stated that without a super majority, a Repub President will get little done. I disagree with that assessment.

So far she is quite ahead in the polls. It's still a long way to go, but so far so good.

Satanicus
07-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Ya, now she can defend BP from the Tea Party platform.

lacarnut
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
So far she is quite ahead in the polls. It's still a long way to go, but so far so good.

Good. She is my favorite Yankee. :D

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Good. She is my favorite Yankee. :D

well now I'm sure she can sleep at night. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
well now I'm sure she can sleep at night. :rolleyes:

Don't you wish you could.

namvet
07-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Osama needs another vacation

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:28 PM

ouch. :(

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 10:39 PM

It is hard to sleep in a wet bed!:D

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:41 PM
It is hard to sleep in a wet bed!:D

Well then quit wetting the bed then rock. sheesh. :p

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Well then quit wetting the bed then rock. sheesh. :p
I'm not the one who can't sleep poliwog!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm not the one who can't sleep poliwog!:rolleyes:

so you HAVE stopped wetting the bed? Good for you. About time though . . . I mean getting out of training pants on the cusp of having to wear depends is kinda sad Rock OLD boy . . . . :p

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 11:01 PM
so you HAVE stopped wetting the bed? Good for you. About time though . . . I mean getting out of training pants on the cusp of having to wear depends is kinda sad Rock OLD boy . . . . :p

It will work out well for you when you get old, you can still wear infant diapers and won't have to fork out all the money for the adult ones!:D

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 11:12 PM
It will work out well for you when you get old, you can still wear infant diapers and won't have to fork out all the money for the adult ones!:D

Maybe - but that's still 40 or 50 years away for me. How long do you have left? 20 or 30 minutes? :p

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe - but that's still 40 or 50 years away for me. How long do you have left? 20 or 30 minutes? :p

Are those midget years or full size person years?:confused: