PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Oil, gas leaking from cap on ruptured well

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Cap on oil well kept shut despite leaks, seepage
By COLLEEN LONG and HARRY R. WEBER, Associated Press Writers Colleen Long And Harry R. Weber, Associated Press Writers 3 mins ago

NEW ORLEANS – The federal government Monday allowed BP to keep the cap shut tight on its ruptured Gulf of Mexico oil well for another day despite news the well is leaking at the top and something is seeping from the sea floor nearby.

The Obama administration's point man for the spill, retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, said early Monday that the company promised to watch closely for signs of new leaks around the mile-deep well, which has stopped gushing oil into the water since the experimental cap was closed Thursday.

Late Sunday, Allen said something was detected seeping near the broken oil well and demanded in a sharply worded letter that BP step up monitoring of the ocean floor. Allen didn't say what was seeping. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Monday afternoon the seepage was about two miles from the well head. He also said the well head is leaking.

Swell. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100719/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill)

djones520
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
The relief wells out to be ready in a couple more weeks. With those relieving a lot of that pressure, the cap will probably hold up a lot better.

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
The relief wells out to be ready in a couple more weeks. With those relieving a lot of that pressure, the cap will probably hold up a lot better.

Yeah. I would love to know why they waited so long before starting to drill those.

marinejcksn
07-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah. I would love to know why they waited so long before starting to drill those.

I'd love to know why Jindal wasn't allowed to build sand berms....or why foreign aid skimmers were turned down.....or why private texas companies were turned away in aiding cleanup....or.....:(

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I'd love to know why Jindal wasn't allowed to build sand berms....or why foreign aid skimmers were turned down.....or why private texas companies were turned away in aiding cleanup....or.....:(

Yeah, those things too. Face it, when the scope of this thing was known, not all that long after the initial disaster that cost human lives, any competent executive would have sent a team of drilling experts to the area for assessment rather than a team of f'n lawyers. Any competent executive would have demanded to know all the options available, from relief wells, to capping, to cleanup; and any competent executive would have ordered that each and every one of these measures be commenced immediately.

Unfortunately, there aren't any competent executives in the White House.

fettpett
07-19-2010, 06:01 PM
or, why the hell they didn't just Nuke the damn thing like the Russians did 5 times...

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 06:02 PM
or, why the hell they didn't just Nuke the damn thing like the Russians did 5 times...

You do like that old nuclear option, dontcha?

marinejcksn
07-19-2010, 07:39 PM

Once again, I reiterate: Whatever you feel about Clinton.....he would've been all over this disaster. HillDog would've handled it better. Shit, Obama makes the Clintons look like the Reagans.

Rockntractor
07-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Once again, I reiterate: Whatever you feel about Clinton.....he would've been all over this disaster. HillDog would've handled it better. Shit, Obama makes the Clintons look like the Reagans.

The white house dog or even Biden would handle it better!

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, those things too. Face it, when the scope of this thing was known, not all that long after the initial disaster that cost human lives, any competent executive would have sent a team of drilling experts to the area for assessment rather than a team of f'n lawyers. Any competent executive would have demanded to know all the options available, from relief wells, to capping, to cleanup; and any competent executive would have ordered that each and every one of these measures be commenced immediately.

If Palin had been VP, the competency level would have been raised 10k per cent. Just saying.

marinejcksn
07-19-2010, 08:28 PM
The white house dog or even Biden would handle it better!

This dog?

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bo-obama-family-dog-06.jpg

Bama has to own the ugliest pet in white house history.

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 08:37 PM
If Palin had been VP, the competency level would have been raised 10k per cent. Just saying.

If I had been Hugh Hefner, I would have gotten laid even more. Woulda, shoulda, coulda; I'm just sayin'.

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 08:39 PM

I have to agree. Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like Ronald Reagan at this point. And he is still digging.

lacarnut
07-19-2010, 08:48 PM
If I had been Hugh Hefner, I would have gotten laid even more. Woulda, shoulda, coulda; I'm just sayin'.

Or Wilt C. Not getting laid enough sounds like a personal problem though. :D

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Or Wilt C. Not getting laid enough sounds like a personal problem though. :D

Indeed, feel free to share. :p

fettpett
07-20-2010, 03:40 AM
You do like that old nuclear option, dontcha?

thats right monkey man...it's been proven to work. just do it. I'd have a new found respect for the dipshit in office if he had the balls to do it. but neither will happen as he doesn't have them.