PDA

View Full Version : SyFy rules for B movies!

patriot45
07-19-2010, 08:25 PM
First there was Mega shark vs Giant octopu!!! Now Lo and behold........SHARKTOPUS!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2HGoR8pSps

Speedy
07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Octoshark?

Rockntractor
07-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Octoshark?

No the shark was on top, sharktapus!:rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
07-19-2010, 09:01 PM
O.M.G. :eek:

That is so bad it's greyt!!!!! :D

A must watch...

Rockntractor
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
DVR didn't find it.:mad:

DU+NU_Reject
07-19-2010, 09:23 PM
No the shark was on top, sharktapus!:rolleyes:

I still don't get it:confused:... someone care to dissect Syfy's (aka spikeTV for nerds') latest attempt at made-for-tv greatness? :eek: :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I still don't get it:confused:... someone care to dissect Syfy's (aka spikeTV for nerds') latest attempt at made-for-tv greatness? :eek: :rolleyes:

It's pretty much like broadcast TV: find a loyal demographic and pitch to your viewer's tastes, decide that you can also get the wrestling, RomCom, Slap-Chop demos, create a drug-fueled idea for the perfect line-up to satisfy the imaginary new demographic - profit. Or whatever.

I hardly watch it anymore.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 12:37 AM
"B" movie? That's "D" at best. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 12:46 AM

Stand on some phone books so you can see the top of it!:rolleyes:

fettpett
07-20-2010, 03:29 AM

D? shit I don't think 1/4 of their movies qualify for even THAT. they are more like below fan made machinima for video games that really suck (not the good ones, the really bad ones). SyFy blows monkey balls

noonwitch
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
D? shit I don't think 1/4 of their movies qualify for even THAT. they are more like below fan made machinima for video games that really suck (not the good ones, the really bad ones). SyFy blows monkey balls

I'd rather watch reruns of Hercules or Xena than watch their made for tv crap movies. I do kind of like Merlin, though. That's entertaining, at least, even though I don't know who any of the actors are except the one who plays Uther.

The BBC has had some good Scifi programming over the past few years-I keep hoping for another season of Torchwood.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
SyFy blows monkey balls I agree. They have a terrific track record for killing good programing. Farscape is a prime example.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd rather watch reruns of Hercules or Xena than watch their made for tv crap movies. I do kind of like Merlin, though. That's entertaining, at least, even though I don't know who any of the actors are except the one who plays Uther.

The BBC has had some good Scifi programming over the past few years-I keep hoping for another season of Torchwood.

Merlin is a UK import.

Gingersnap
07-20-2010, 10:45 AM
'Caprica' is just excellent but that's only thing I watch.

fettpett
07-20-2010, 11:17 AM
the only truely orginal programing besidses their shit movies they've had in the last Decade (outside of the reality bull)
Farscape
Wharehouse 13
Eureka
Haven

everything else is either a remake (BSG) or bought from another network (Stargate, Merlin, Sliders) and either did a decent job of letting the show grow on it's own (SG-1) or compeltly fucked it up (Sliders)