PDA

View Full Version : Shirley Sherrod Resigns For Racist Remarks!

Apocalypse
07-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Fox News is reporting that Ms. Sherrod has resigned.

“There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. “We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

Sherrod explained in the video that, at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture had referred the white farmer to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see “one of his own” — a white lawyer.

“I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him,” she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/19/clip-shows-usda-official-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/

Now the Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_xCeItxbQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXDNlWESD0

Speedy
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
To honor this good woman I am going to pass over TWO qualified black candidates and hire two white workers in their stead.

Gingersnap
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Good Lord. :mad:

Apocalypse
07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
One good question is after the NAACP's remarks about the TEA Parties, what/where is their response to this? And how will they defend the fact they remained silent on her?

Gingersnap
07-19-2010, 09:23 PM
One good question is after the NAACP's remarks about the TEA Parties, what/where is their response to this? And how will they defend the fact they remained silent on her?

Dude, she was just speaking truth to power. Literally.

Rockntractor
07-19-2010, 09:25 PM
To honor this good woman I am going to pass over TWO qualified black candidates and hire two white workers in their stead.

Workers for what?:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Ya know, you would think these retards would have caught on to the whole "we have video cams and youtube" thing by now. But no, they they are so out of touch with the people they work for they have no clue. Regardless of the creeping dread they might be feeling, they aren't even gonna see us coming in November. It's gonna be like fish in a barrel.

SaintLouieWoman
07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Good Lord. :mad:

This is way too typical. I sold to the feds since 1979. There are so many stories to tell. Sigh. They waste money like crazy and this racism isn't a revelation, not new at all.

Can't believe she's stupid enough to say this with witnesses. Well, after listening to her, I guess I can believe it.

Can you imagine if a white had said this? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
07-19-2010, 09:31 PM
This is way too typical. I sold to the feds since 1979. There are so many stories to tell. Sigh. They waste money like crazy and this racism isn't a revelation, not new at all.

Can't believe she's stupid enough to say this with witnesses. Well, after listening to her, I guess I can believe it.

Can you imagine if a white had said this? :rolleyes:

All too vividly.

Speedy
07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Workers for what?:rolleyes:

Gate Guards. I have a small business that I started up a few months ago. When a drilling rig finishes up a hole they move it to another site. Gates and gaps in fences are taken down so the substructure, derrick, baskets and all sorts of equipment can get through. Since there is livestock on either side of these fences the oil companies contract people to watch these and not let any animals get through.

I am the contractor that provides these people. I charge $15 an hour for each hand and pay them $10 an hour. I also charge $25 an hour for me as supervisor. I use as few as two hands on some moves and have used as many as 14 on others.

NJCardFan
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM

Because to these people, they are allowed to be racist because of the racism that they endured for all those years. You know, the 2 wrongs make a right thing.

PoliCon
07-19-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=29976

djones520
07-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Gate Guards. I have a small business that I started up a few months ago. When a drilling rig finishes up a hole they move it to another site. Gates and gaps in fences are taken down so the substructure, derrick, baskets and all sorts of equipment can get through. Since there is livestock on either side of these fences the oil companies contract people to watch these and not let any animals get through.

I am the contractor that provides these people. I charge $15 an hour for each hand and pay them $10 an hour. I also charge $25 an hour for me as supervisor. I use as few as two hands on some moves and have used as many as 14 on others.

And you realize if you follow through with that statement you'd be breaking discrimination laws.

Odysseus
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Silently.

Because to these people, they are allowed to be racist because of the racism that they endured for all those years. You know, the 2 wrongs make a right thing.
And if they're wrong often enough, they make a Reverend Wright. :D

Speedy
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
And you realize if you follow through with that statement you'd be breaking discrimination laws.

I would be following the same standards and protocols as the NAACP.

djones520
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I would be following the same standards and protocols as the NAACP.

Oh I'm sure that defense will hold up real well in court. Bravo. :rolleyes:

Speedy
07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Dude, I can hire anyone I want for any reason I want. The official reason can be qualifications, background or whatever. The real, unofficial reason will be racial and obly I will know that.

djones520
07-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Dude, I can hire anyone I want for any reason I want. The official reason can be qualifications, background or whatever. The real, unofficial reason will be racial and obly I will know that.

Except you are advertising it online dumb ass. I have half a mind to report your racist ass to your county AG office for this.

Speedy
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Except you are advertising it online dumb ass. I have half a mind to report your racist ass to your county AG office for this.

You would be the joke of the week around the courthouse if you did. You know how many Black folks have app;ied to work for me since I started this business? Exactly zero!

You know why? There are no black families living here. So my statement is rhetorical because it is unlikely to ever happen.

CueSi
07-20-2010, 01:05 PM
When did reality of the situation matter to the government? The fact that you put it out there will fuck you over, even if you DO live in a Right To Work state. People on this board should tell you . . . the internet is forever and it doesn't forget anything , from military records, dumbass statements to criminal records. It came back to bite this lady in the ass and it may well do the same for you.

Christ . . . do people a favor, join DU and go be racist with those assholes.

~QC

Speedy
07-20-2010, 01:18 PM
When did reality of the situation matter to the government? The fact that you put it out there will fuck you over, even if you DO live in a Right To Work state. People on this board should tell you . . . the internet is forever and it doesn't forget anything , from military records, dumbass statements to criminal records. It came back to bite this lady in the ass and it may well do the same for you.

Christ . . . do people a favor, join DU and go be racist with those assholes.

~QC

How the hell will it fuck me over? I have never once had a black person apply to work for me. So now I am discriminating against an ethnic group who has never asked to work for me?

I am just saying that I should be able to apply the same standards against blacks that the NAACP and the Obama administration applys to whites.

CueSi
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
How the hell will it fuck me over? I have never once had a black person apply to work for me. So now I am discriminating against an ethnic group who has never asked to work for me?

I am just saying that I should be able to apply the same standards against blacks that the NAACP and the Obama administration applys to whites.

Because you don't know if that condition is going to remain the same. And like I said, when has the government ever paid attention to the realities of a situation?

And "They do it too" . . .what are you, five? Christ . . . I thought only DU had this level of immaturity. It's not like I have a lot of respect for you to lose, considering your history. But living up to your enemies stereotype of you is the best way to hand him victory.

~QC

Speedy
07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I do not fit a racist template. I do not care what Black people suffered through enough for it to influence me in any way. Every person I meet is a blank slate for me and from the moment I meet them their actions, not their religion, color or anything else is going to influence me in regards to how I treat them or respect them.

I laugh at the stereo types.

djones520
07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I do not fit a racist template. I do not care what Black people suffered through enough for it to influence me in any way. Every person I meet is a blank slate for me and from the moment I meet them their actions, not their religion, color or anything else is going to influence me in regards to how I treat them or respect them.

Preceded by...

:rolleyes:

Speedy
07-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Preceded by...

:rolleyes:

Like I explained, I have never had a Black person apply to work for me. I have had a dump truck and backhoe service, a hotshot business, my gas station and now my security company. Chances are, if a qualified Black person wanted to work for me, and he was not going to embarass me pr my business by being a scowling, chip on the shoulder, ghetto, ebonics spewing stereotype, he would be more than welcome to work here. And he would be subject to being fired as easily as any other of my employees.

Rebel Yell
07-20-2010, 02:54 PM
There was whispers around the black communtiy about a bank in Rochelle, GA not having any black employees. My wife used to work at another branch of the same bank in the same county. She grew up there and knows pretty much everyone. Two black girls came in the bank and asked, "Why they ain't no black foks been hired here?" The teller without missing a beat answered, "Because we've NEVER had a black person apply."

What do these folks want, for us to go out in the street and beg them to take a job?

Odysseus
07-20-2010, 03:33 PM
But in government-think, it's obvious that no people of color applied for work because they knew of your racist tendencies and therefore declined to face the humiliation of being discriminated against. The fact that no one applied for the job simply proves that you are a racist, while if they had applied and been turned down, that would also prove racism, since you didn't hire them, regardless of qualifications. If they had applied and been hired, then that just makes you a clever racist, who innoculated himself against charges of racism by hiring tokens. And, of course, if you hired nothing but minorities, you'd still be a racist because you're on top of the company and therefore standing in the way of advancement of those below you. And if you throw your hands up and close up shop, then you are throwing people of color out of work, which also makes you a racist. See how easy that is? The only way to prove that you are not a racist is by supporting those who are in a position to determine who is and isn't a racist, through generous campaign contributions to the DNC, so that they can keep non-racists like the late Sen. Robert Byrd (D-KKK) in office.

I'd like to be able to take twenty vacations in a year, the way that my Commander-in-Chief does. I'll let you know when I get to apply the same standard.

SaintLouieWoman
07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
There was whispers around the black communtiy about a bank in Rochelle, GA not having any black employees. My wife used to work at another branch of the same bank in the same county. She grew up there and knows pretty much everyone. Two black girls came in the bank and asked, "Why they ain't no black foks been hired here?" The teller without missing a beat answered, "Because we've NEVER had a black person apply."

What do these folks want, for us to go out in the street and beg them to take a job?

It could be because the bank required a certain standard of literacy and speaking skills.

For a long time I was the only female hired to be a sales rep for office equipment sales. I didn't go around and whine about it, just did my job and proved that women could work equal to the men. In fact, after I made the President's Club (sales award honor) the first year, they started hiring more women. At this point in my former industry, there probably are more women than men.

Perhaps the woman saying "ain't no" should brush up her skills and apply instead of whining about it.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Apparently - the video is not the whole story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/20/ex-ag-official-says-video-showing-white-farmer-story-excludes-key-context/ interesting that they moved quickly to force this woman out but dropped the case against the New Black Panthers.

NJCardFan
07-20-2010, 11:15 PM
who innoculated himself against charges of racism by hiring tokens.

This guy?
http://www.jlcauvin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/token.jpg

CueSi
07-21-2010, 12:50 AM

But because of what one black person did, you're gonna preemptively punish everyone else? That's a total contradiction of what you're trying to have me believe about you here.

~QC

Satanicus
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Who would have thought the CU would fall for this scam ?

LOL ...suckers.

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 04:55 PM

LOL ...suckers.

Scam? The reaction of the NAACP audience is clearly racist.

Odysseus
07-21-2010, 07:20 PM

LOL ...suckers.
Anyone can fall for an edited video, but what's interesting is that numerous conservative sources have come out in favor of Sherrod.

Glenn Beck: (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,597263,00.html)

Here's my take on Shirley Sherrod: She should not have been fired or forced to resign. Again, based on the facts we have right now. And clearly, there's something else going on here. First of all, she said herself that it isn't about pitting the races against each other, it's about pitting the classes against each other...
<snip>
Something's not right here.

There are several things to consider:

There is a possibility that they know how bad this is and they want to let the air out of the tire, because they knew they couldn't survive it. If this became a big deal and gained traction, it could have ended them. So, they wanted to take the air out before it gained traction.

What's happening here is she is guilty until proven innocent. They fired her and now they are back-pedaling. There's no due process here. Doesn't an American have a right to a fair trial? They have politically assassinated this woman. No one has heard the case for or against her; they just took her out. When did we stop having the right to face our accusers?

The White House is watching today because they think I will be celebrating this as some kind of victory. Well, I'm not and I won't.

Here's Rich Lowry at National Review (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ODQyN2I2ODRjMDA4YWY5MDlkMWY4ODk5ZDQyZmQ3MWY=):

Its politics aside, her full speech is heartfelt and moving. It's the tale of someone overcoming hatred and rancor when she had every reason not to. Her saga over the last couple of days is a lesson in how the culture of offense often works in contemporary America—chewing people up and spitting them out before they even have a chance to defend themselves. Of course she should get her job back, although the Department of Agriculture is bizarrely standing by her firing so far. Here's hoping President Obama convenes a beer summit between Secretary Vilsack and Sherrod as soon as possible and sorts this thing out.

Jonah Golberg, also at National Review (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDNmYTk4ZmVjYzU0Zjk3OTU5ODNhODhjOTE4NmM1NmU=):

I think she should get her job back. I think she's owed apologies from pretty much everyone, including my good friend Andrew Breitbart. I generally think Andrew is on the side of the angels and a great champion of the cause. He says he received the video in its edited form and I believe him. But the relevant question is, Would he have done the same thing over again if he had seen the full video from the outset? I'd like to think he wouldn't have. Because to knowingly turn this woman into a racist in order to fight fire with fire with the NAACP is unacceptable. When it seemed that Sherrod was a racist who abused her power, exposing her and the NAACP's hypocrisy was perfectly fair game. But now that we have the benefit of knowing the facts, the equation is completely different.

In one of the recent Journolist belches we saw how creatures like Spencer Ackerman see nothing wrong with randomly charging innocent conservatives with racism in order to send a message. This is a deplorable tactic conservatives regularly and rightly deplore when used by liberals (we usually have less proof than we have in Ackerman's confession). I see no reason to emulate this tactic and I very much doubt that was Andrew's intent. Some emailers on the other hand seem to come close to making the case for this kind of thing. As I've argued countless times before, this sort of politics is almost always counter-productive and quite often grotesque. Embracing the tactics you condemn in others requires, at minimum, that you stop condemning it in others. It also has the potential to sell your soul on layaway.

Charles Krauthammer stated his support for her and demanded that she be reinstated, as have a number of other conservatives.

Think about that. Then think about this:

The NAACP statement that attacked the Tea Party movement cited the claim by several members of the Congressional Black Caucus that they were subjected to racial epithets when they walked through the crowd, a claim that has been thoroughly debunked by videos of the event, but the NAACP, the CBC and numerous other liberal media members continue to repeat the story.

People make mistakes. They get suckered. They fall for scams. But not all people react the same way.

People of character own up to their mistakes and make amends. People without character continue to try to brazen out the lies. Which side do you think has shown character? And before you answer, try to decide what kind of character you want to show.

JB
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Everyone from the White House down is criticizing her ouster, except for one guy:
However, the Rev. Al Sharpton said black leaders should refrain from calling for an apology from the Obama administration, saying that creates the impression that black leadership is fractured. "We are only greasing the rails for the right wing to run a train through our ambitions and goals for having civil and human rights in this country," Sharpton said. In other words, we were wrong but no, we weren't wrong. God forbid a black leader makes a mistake. I guess Bumble really is omnipotent.

What planet is this douche from?

NJCardFan
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM

LOL ...suckers.

Wow, if we're suckers, what does that say about the White House? Also, BSNBC and CNN and most leftist commentators are still parroting the now proven to be untrue accusation of a Tea Partier using the N word 15 times at a protest. This has been proven false time and again yet these people still parrot this nonsense.

lacarnut
07-22-2010, 01:22 AM

LOL ...suckers.

The Magic Negro and the NAACP threw her under the bus. Sure sucks to be a dumb ass democrat. BTW, tell her dismissal to someone who gives a shit.