PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton '12

Apocalypse
07-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Been watching her interview she did this week in regard to Afgan, war and so forth. Some whisper of her looking forward to '12. I'm wondering what you think of this and her chances?

lacarnut
07-20-2010, 12:45 AM
She will run cause I do not see any way the economy and employment will improve to any appreciable amount. I look for her to jump off Obama's/Democrats sinking ship after the slaughter in Nov.

Rockntractor
07-20-2010, 12:49 AM
At the rate her beautiful appearance is deteriorating she will look like Helen Thomas in 2012.

NJCardFan
07-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Could be an interesting primary. My thing is if the DNC will allow her to run. She might be forced into a Ross Perot kind of deal and possibly creating a new progressive party. Unless the DNC declares the Obama experiment a complete failure then she'll run as a Democrat. If she challenges him for the Democratic Party nomination and wins, it will completely fracture the DNC possibly beyond repair. Of course, the GOP is not above screwing a gift horse up.

Bleda
07-20-2010, 01:46 AM
One can only hope she runs as a third party candidate and split the Leftist vote.

noonwitch
07-20-2010, 08:35 AM
The only way she will run is if Obama decides not to seek another term.

djones520
07-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Who knows if she'll even have the money for it. Isn't she still in a huge mountain of debt from the last election?

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Who knows if she'll even have the money for it. Isn't she still in a huge mountain of debt from the last election?

I though that Obama picked up her tab . . . .

fettpett
07-20-2010, 09:42 AM

wouldn't that be a bitch slap in the face. "Hey, thanks for picking up my tab last time and letting me be SecState, but because you've been such a fuck up, I'm going to kick your ass in 2012."

djones520
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM

HillaryClinton.com is still asking for donations to help retire the debt.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 10:55 AM

Interesting. I could have sworn that part of the agreement that kept Hildabeast from fighting him at the convention was that he would pick up her debt . . . . not that it matters.

lacarnut
07-20-2010, 11:10 AM

She had enough money in the bank, $2,6 million, to pay off her $2.3 million dollar debt. I don't know whether Obama helped her or not.

Apocalypse
07-20-2010, 11:38 AM
She had enough money in the bank, $2,6 million, to pay off her $2.3 million dollar debt. I don't know whether Obama helped her or not.

updated 3:50 a.m. EDT, Thu April 16, 2009

Clinton hits milestone in trying to clear campaign debt

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reached an important milestone Wednesday in her quest to pay the debt from her failed 2008 presidential bid: For the first time in eight months, her campaign committee reported having more money in the bank than it owes.

So she has enough to pay it off, or has paid it off. Question is why is she still asking for donations? Is it a trick to build another coffer to run again?

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 11:43 AM
So she has enough to pay it off, or has paid it off. Question is why is she still asking for donations? Is it a trick to build another coffer to run again?

trick?;)

Satanicus
07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
She will run cause I do not see any way the economy and employment will improve to any appreciable amount. I look for her to jump off Obama's/Democrats sinking ship after the slaughter in Nov.

Shows what insight you have.

NONE of you fools can even answer my question...

"Is losing 700,000 jobs a month better or worse than losing 5000 ?"

Articulate_Ape
07-20-2010, 02:07 PM

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Jobs.jpg

Chart link.
(http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=usunemployment&met=unemployment_rate&tdim=true&dl=en&hl=en&q=unemployment+rate)

WASHINGTON – The unemployment rate fell in most states in June, mainly because more people gave up searching for work and were no longer counted.

Fewer states saw job increases, the latest evidence that the economic recovery is slowing.

The jobless rate declined in 39 states and Washington, D.C. last month, the Labor Department said Tuesday. That's a slight improvement from May, when 37 states saw their rates decline.

But only 21 states saw net job gains in June, the government said. That compared to 41 the previous month and is the fewest this year.

The decline in job creation reflects the layoff of thousands of temporary census workers. Those jobs inflated total payrolls in May and then reduced them in June.

Still, the report also indicated that businesses aren't hiring many new workers. Nationwide, private employers added a net gain of only 83,000 jobs last month. The national unemployment rate dropped to 9.5 percent in June from 9.7 percent the previous month, as about 650,000 people stopped looking for work.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100720/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/us_state_unemployment)

Welcome to the real world, Satanicus. Your spin won't work here.

Now, how about sticking to this thread's topic.

PoliCon
07-20-2010, 02:08 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/69cfa33e-0a37-4ad6-a754-0ee8304ff7ed.jpgShows what insight you have.

Enough is enough with the spam troll boy. You question has been answered repeatedly.

Articulate_Ape
07-20-2010, 02:12 PM
I voted for "the political posturing" option, but depending on how Obama is polling at that point (politically eons away), I could see her challenging him. It would be a pretty interesting scenario given the Biden part of the equation.

lacarnut
07-20-2010, 03:08 PM

Can you answer this question. Why are you such a loser that does not have a job and has a woman support your lazy ass? You are not a man but a worthless POS. Since you have no skin in the game, I won't answer your retard question.

Hawkgirl
07-21-2010, 12:00 AM
I hope she doesn't run.....and I doubt she will.

Satanicus...you should see someone about your stuttering problem.

Lager
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
She won't run in 2012 because she was already promised that Biden would not run and the 2016 slot is hers. That's if Obama wins a second term.

djones520
07-21-2010, 08:49 AM
She won't run in 2012 because she was already promised that Biden would not run and the 2016 slot is hers. That's if Obama wins a second term.

Backroom deals made two years ago might not pertain today. If blood is in the water, the shark will attack. If she feels Obama is vulnerable enough to lose the Primary's then she may make a move.

lacarnut
07-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Backroom deals made two years ago might not pertain today. If blood is in the water, the shark will attack. If she feels Obama is vulnerable enough to lose the Primary's then she may make a move.

If unemployment is high and the economy is still struggling, the powers to be in the Democratic party will shove her into the race. The chances of Obama winning re-election will be slim if the economy does not improve considerably. The way Obama is governing, I see little chance of that happening. Lying is a trait of most politicians and Clinton is no exception. Breaking a promise to Biden is just water under the bridge.

Apocalypse
07-21-2010, 12:31 PM

Didn't obama promise this?

"Look, I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years."

Politicians promises are the same as lies, they are real only to those who support them.

Lager
07-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Of course I could be wrong, but she'd have to have lot's of support from the dem machine before she'd be willing to challenge him. I don't think she'd risk going it alone. Her and her husband have invested too much into the DLC to risk on a long shot run. They practically run it as it is. And even if some major dems supported her, they'd be painted as traitors to black Americans for abandoning Obama. The dem party wouldn't risk aliienating a block that votes almost 95 % their way consistantly. IMHO.

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM

she'd be 69 in 2016. Who's going to vote for her when she's that old and shriveled?