PDA

View Full Version : Wow, CU has changed a bit..

BSR
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Looks good. Took awhile, but looks good.

crusty
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah...the site couldn't have crashed at a worst time. I do have backup's of the old database, but there is a compatability issue with the old software and the new. Trying to figure that out. Thought I would just open the site up while I figured it out instead of waiting any longer.

wilbur
05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, I'll be the first to complain about the new look. I hope its temporary ;)

Gingersnap
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
This doesn't look good. You can be a clone of AR15 or some other testosterone-fueled kiddie site but you will lose most of your few remaining cheerleaders. What the Hell were people thinking here?

nacho
05-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Looks all futuristic, like I should be reading it in zero gravity or something. I'm just happy to see it back! :)

BSR
05-27-2008, 11:43 PM
This doesn't look good. You can be a clone of AR15 or some other testosterone-fueled kiddie site but you will lose most of your few remaining cheerleaders. What the Hell were people thinking here?

It's gonna take some time to get used to, but it isn't bad. IMO

wilbur
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Gotta reiterate... its fugly. The PHPbb software does have options to let users pick their own theme, so maybe we'll get that. Don't know if I can handle this particular theme...

crusty
05-27-2008, 11:52 PM
So lets see, thats 3 that hates everything I did and one who doesn't. :(

BSR
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM

Some people are like 80 year old women. They dont like change, and they want you off their lawns. :)

jinxmchue
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah...the site couldn't have crashed at a worst time.

Uh, I think a worse time would've been election day eve. :p

LibraryLady
05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
The title looks like it was written with an old fashioned label-maker.

crusty
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM

Hey, someone got that!!! :D

MstrBlue
05-28-2008, 02:53 AM
I vote for a more "Star Trek" type interface... but we are a long way from that, I am sure.... :D

Still, I love the new look! Black... like my soul... Hmmm... we need the old devil-goatee smilie, though.

I, for one, am just happy that the site is back!!
Two thumbs WAY up!!!

LibraryLady
05-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey, someone got that!!! :D

I'm so old you could have written it in cuneiform and I would have been able to read it;

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/cunC.gifhttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/cunU.gif

(yes, I looked it up)

BSR
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm so old you could have written it in cuneiform and I would have been able to read it;

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/cunC.gifhttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/cunU.gif

(yes, I looked it up)

Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are... :D

gator
05-28-2008, 11:10 AM

I thought you wimmin liked testosterone.

Gingersnap
05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought you wimmin liked testosterone.

Not on the wallpaper. :rolleyes:

newshutr
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm just glad the site is back up...

You can get used to anything after a while..

movie buff
05-28-2008, 12:05 PM
I, too, am just thankful that the site is back up.

Junebug68
05-28-2008, 02:17 PM

I love label-makers! I label stuff when I'm working overnight and get bored. :D

(PS this is EMT May)

Jumpy
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I like the colors. It is easy on the eyes. Easy to read. Things are slow.. I can't post a "quick reply", but I am sure that is just part of the bugs.

Is it really this tough and time consuming to set up a forum with Vbulletin? Never did it myself, so I am clueless.

Are the problems mostly with restoring the old database?

ralph wiggum
05-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I like the colors. It is easy on the eyes. Easy to read. Things are slow.. I can't post a "quick reply", but I am sure that is just part of the bugs.

Is it really this tough and time consuming to set up a forum with Vbulletin? Never did it myself, so I am clueless.

Are the problems mostly with restoring the old database?

That's pretty much what Rob has said.

All will work out in due time, grasshopper. :cool:

LibraryLady
05-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are... :D

Glad you liked it....and I don't KNOW who you are!:confused:

biccat
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
My main complaint is the size of the text.

Although I suspect this may be something I could change on my end.

3rd-try
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I had to re-register using a new name. I don't really care, as I hadn't deverloped any claim to fame.
Might have changed IP's since the last time around....anyway, the place may take a little getting used to, but, I like it. I'm just glad it's back.

Zeus
05-28-2008, 06:15 PM
My main complaint is the size of the text.

Although I suspect this may be something I could change on my end.

As Long as you aint running some weird ass browser with the ctrl key & mouse scroll wheel you can enlarge or shrink the page.

GreatDanish
05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Not a bad look, really. I prefer larger font, and can probably find the way to do that? But I'd rather have it up than down. Posting here is the absolute best way to get my more conservative views over to certain people at a certain site w/out getting TS'd. And I just love to piss them off, too. I have an account over there, have my 1k posts and star, but one must walk lightly and carry a very small stick. But I have to keep the star to be able to get in and watch them implode when McCain wins.

AND HE IS GOING TO WIN.

GD

OwlMBA
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Same functionality, new colors. Am I right?

biccat
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
As Long as you aint running some weird ass browser with the ctrl key & mouse scroll wheel you can enlarge or shrink the page.
Yeah, but then that screws up everything else I try to read on the internet.

Sonnabend
05-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Rob, I LOVE IT...but can we fix the themes sometime soon?

Other than that, THANK YOU for getting this back up and running. :)

Sonnabend
05-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Lets see if I get my avatar to work

J A Prufrock
05-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Lets see if I get my avatar to work

Mine too, plus a decent sized signature. Hi Sonna. :D

Verbosus
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM
'Secure token' issue still got me?
Testing...

Sonnabend
05-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Excellent, CW :D:D

Phillygirl
05-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Sonna!! I like the new avatar!

patriot45
05-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Same functionality, new colors. Am I right?

Hey, now that we are back, you might as well crown me!!

Account Value (USD) : $129,335.00 Buying Power: $72,508.82 Cash: $15,682.82 Annual Return: 223.37%

Hhahahah, I'm winning something - yay!

We need the rest of our forums back too.

DarkScribe
05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I like the new look of the new-and-improved CU. Once the bugs and quirks get worked out...but I think Rob did a nice job with the new skin and I love the retro-style label title thingey...very nice.

DarkScribe
05-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I need some avatar help from the techies out there....my avatars (even from old CU) are too large and the graphics programs we have are mostly basic limited-use versions where I cannot resize. Anyone know of any decent free-ware out there for me to resize avatars? I'm sure it is pretty simple but I messed around with what we had but to no avail.

Gingersnap
05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I need some avatar help from the techies out there....my avatars (even from old CU) are too large and the graphics programs we have are mostly basic limited-use versions where I cannot resize. Anyone know of any decent free-ware out there for me to resize avatars? I'm sure it is pretty simple but I messed around with what we had but to no avail.

Try this: Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/)

It's free and you can resize pics.

stickyboot
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Some people are like 80 year old women. They dont like change, and they want you off their lawns. :)

Yeah, old reactionary white women like me-watch the pansies, buster!

Well, I won't say I HATE it. It's too early to claim I'm doing much of anything except getting used to it. I don't mind the sleek, clean, modern skin look. I don't mind the minor glitches. I will mind losing credit for my post history and the archives, if the databases aren't compatible after all.

Full-Auto
05-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Don't sweat it Rob, people are just resistant to change. I like the new look.

I'm more worried about getting these messages all the time when I try to post a message.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

jendf
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
It's a board full of conservatives. Of course we have adverse reactions to change. You should know better by now!

crusty
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't sweat it Rob, people are just resistant to change. I like the new look.

I'm more worried about getting these messages all the time when I try to post a message.

the errors should be cleared. Go into your options in your browser and clear out your cache, then close your browser and restart. This should solve your problem.

DarkScribe
05-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Try this: Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/)

It's free and you can resize pics.

Thanks, GS. It works great!

linda22003
05-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Okay, I can live with the black and orange frat-house look. But the font is incrediby small.

LibraryLady
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Okay, I can live with the black and orange frat-house look. But the font is incrediby small.

Hey, welcome back!!

Funny, the colours make my eyes hurt and I just increased the page percentage for the font problem.

Where are the wonderful new features? So far, we have lost some.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Wait a minute. You started a sentence with a conjunction and misspelled incredibly. You're not the real Linda.;)

Full-Auto
05-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Wait a minute. You started a sentence with a conjunction and misspelled incredibly. You're not the real Linda.;)

There are lots of fakes on here. I'm not really FA either... I'm Distressed American. Through my superior intellect I fooled them and now I have a modship!

linda22003
05-30-2008, 11:51 AM

I'm obviously upset by the changes, and the misspelling is proof that I'm one of the old people for whom the font is intolerably small.

AlmostThere
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah...the site couldn't have crashed at a worst time. I do have backup's of the old database, but there is a compatability issue with the old software and the new. Trying to figure that out. Thought I would just open the site up while I figured it out instead of waiting any longer.
If I may ask, what is giving you a compatibility problem?