PDA

View Full Version : Blago Defense rests, former Governor will not testify

ralph wiggum
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
http://theblackwhole.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/blagojevich-sucks-photo3.jpg

Rod Blagojevich's attorneys say the ousted Illinois governor will not testify at his corruption trial.

Blagojevich had long pledged to take the stand in his own defense, saying for months that he wanted to do so to set the record straight.

But his attorneys initially said Tuesday they could rest the case without calling a single witness. They confirmed that Wednesday. They say the prosecution did not prove its case.

Experts have said putting Blagojevich on the stand could be risky.

Blagojevich has pleaded not guilty to scheming to sell or trade an appointment to President Barack Obama's old Senate seat and to scheming to launch a racketeering operation in the governor's office.

LINK (http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1884387&spid=)

ralph wiggum
07-21-2010, 11:28 AM
More confirmation:

Lawyers for Rod Blagojevich told the judge presiding over his corruption trial this morning that the former governor will indeed not testify in his own defense. The defense rested its case without calling a single witness.

As the announcement was made in court, Blagojevich sat still with his hands folded on the defense table, then gave a glance and slight wink to wife, Patti.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/blagojevich-on-trial/2010/07/its-official-blago-wont-take-stand.html

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
If the prosecution did not prove their case - they threw the trial and should be sued for legal malpractice.

ralph wiggum
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
If the prosecution did not prove their case - they threw the trial and should be sued for legal malpractice.

I've you've read the transcripts and heard the wiretap tapes, the prosecution did a fine job. I don't think the defense lawyers wanted to expose Blago to the beat-down by the prosecution. There was so much damning evidence, I was so looking forward to Blago testifying. :(

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I've you've read the transcripts and heard the wiretap tapes, the prosecution did a fine job. I don't think the defense lawyers wanted to expose Blago to the beat-down by the prosecution. There was so much damning evidence, I was so looking forward to Blago testifying. :(

I'm not following the case so . . . . where is the trial taking place? Not Chicago I hope . . . .

ralph wiggum
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not following the case so . . . . where is the trial taking place? Not Chicago I hope . . . .

Federal court in Chicago.

You can find the tapes & transcripts that were played at the trial at the link below. They're quite interesting.

http://www.wlsam.com/blog.asp?id=37682

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Federal court in Chicago.

You can find the tapes & transcripts that were played at the trial at the link below. They're quite interesting.

http://www.wlsam.com/blog.asp?id=37682

well then if he gets off we'll all know that there was tampering and bribery going on. After all - all it takes is a single bribe to just one juror in a jury case to kill a conviction.

lacarnut
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
well then if he gets off we'll all know that there was tampering and bribery going on. After all - all it takes is a single bribe to just one juror in a jury case to kill a conviction.

Not necessarily so. A Fox contributor who has followed the trial and is a lawyer stated she was not so sure that the prosecution proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

ralph wiggum
07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Not necessarily so. A Fox contributor who has followed the trial and is a lawyer stated she was not so sure that the prosecution proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Agreed. I've been following it somewhat closely and the analysts I've heard aren't sure at all how this will turn out.

The good news is that regardless of the outcome, Blago has been exposed as a total freaking slimeball.

Odysseus
07-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Or, Obama could have promised a pardon if Blago didn't drag his name through his case. Clinton did the same thing with Susan MacDougal.

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 01:15 PM
OK. Who's job is it to call for and organize the riots??

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Then I maintain that they threw the case and we should riot demanding justice!!111!!!!!!!11!!!!

Odysseus
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
OK. Who's job is it to call for and organize the riots??

We'd need a community organizer. :D

DU+NU_Reject
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Clueless kleptocrat: Hell yeah; I'll take the witness stand in my own defense. No problem! :p
Defense Attorney: SIT YOUR ASS DOWN BEFORE YOU END UP CONFESSING TO SOMETHING THE JURY DOESN'T KNOW YOU DID! :mad:

Me: :D

PoliCon
07-21-2010, 11:32 PM
We'd need a community organizer. :D

Rock has nothing better to do . . . .

noonwitch
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Clueless kleptocrat: Hell yeah; I'll take the witness stand in my own defense. No problem! :p
Defense Attorney: SIT YOUR ASS DOWN BEFORE YOU END UP CONFESSING TO SOMETHING THE JURY DOESN'T KNOW YOU DID! :mad:

Me: :D

Yeah, I kind of figured that Blago's lawyers don't really want him on the stand, for the same reason. I don't think Kwame's lawyers are going to put him on the stand in his upcoming federal corruption trial, either, for similar reasons.

I'm still hoping someone gets Kwame for the murdered stripper. That poor girl and her family deserve justice. Justice 4 Strawberry!

Odysseus
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured that Blago's lawyers don't really want him on the stand, for the same reason. I don't think Kwame's lawyers are going to put him on the stand in his upcoming federal corruption trial, either, for similar reasons.

I'm still hoping someone gets Kwame for the murdered stripper. That poor girl and her family deserve justice. Justice 4 Strawberry!

Strawberry?

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Exactly.

Take it from me, a long time resident of Chicago. Fitzgerald arrested Blago before he had the evidence, this is why he asked for an extension , he didn't have the evidence, thats IF evidence even exists of a crime.

I think the defense was shocked when such a weak case was presented.

Fitzgerald proved to be a hack when he let Rove change his testimony 4 or 5 times to avoid being indicted. I wouldn't be surprised to see this trail fall apart.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Exactly.

Take it from me, a long time resident of Chicago. Fitzgerald arrested Blago before he had the evidence, this is why he asked for an extension , he didn't have the evidence, thats IF evidence even exists of a crime.

Fitzgerald proved to be a hack when he let Rove change his testimony 4 or 5 times to avoid being indicted. I wouldn't be surprised to see this trail fall apart.

Possibly but not necessarily true on the evidence. The fix could be in so that the O and his admin. would not have to testify. If Blago goes to jail, he is going to sing like a bird or his time in prison will be short because of a pardon by the O. There is little doubt in most peoples mind that Blago is a crook and that the Obama administration broke the law also. .

Satanicus
07-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Possibly but not necessarily true on the evidence. The fix could be in so that the O and his admin. would not have to testify. If Blago goes to jail, he is going to sing like a bird or his time in prison will be short because of a pardon by the O. There is little doubt in most peoples mind that Blago is a crook and that the Obama administration broke the law also. .

So, you think Obama fixed the trial ? ...and Obama is guilty in "most peoples minds"

Do you honestly believe that "most people" think Obama is guilty.

OMG , It's getting deep in here.

lacarnut
07-25-2010, 09:37 AM
So, you think Obama fixed the trial ? ...and Obama is guilty in "most peoples minds"

Yep, Obama and Blago are as guilty as homemade sin.

Satanicus
07-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Yep, Obama and Blago are as guilty as homemade sin.

What is Obama giulty of

lacarnut
07-25-2010, 09:55 AM
What is Obama giulty of

He offered 2 Democratic Congressmen Federal jobs if they would not run against candidates he favored. One of them was in CO. He offered Blago a job if he would appoint Valerie Jarrett senator. Blago turned it down cause it did not pay enough. It is all on the tapes for your dumb ass. The Magic Negro should be impeached for breaking the law.

Apocalypse
07-25-2010, 10:00 AM
What is Obama giulty of

Shocking Accusation From Blago Trial: Obama Knew Of Senate Seat Plot Involving Valerie Jarrett

A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.

"The president understands that the governor would be willing to make the appointment of Valerie Jarrett as long as he gets what he's asked for. . . . The governor gets the Cabinet appointment he's asked for," Harris said, explaining a recorded call.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/2427402,CST-NWS-BLAGO24.article

Yet not one of Zero's staff (Who when this first broke did a self internal investigation found they had no contact) testified to clear the charges against them.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-blago-obama16-2008dec16,0,6444483.story

If true, obama and staff had plenty of reason to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible. With fewer people talking as possible.

Odysseus
07-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Exactly.

You're always in deep. For example, you claim that Fitzgerald failed to convict Rove of anything, even though he couldn't possibly have known that Plame worked for the CIA, but Blago must be innocent, even though he was on tape trying to sell the senate seat? Someday, you must tell us the color of the sky in your world.

Satanicus
07-25-2010, 04:36 PM
You're always in deep. For example, you claim that Fitzgerald failed to convict Rove of anything, even though he couldn't possibly have known that Plame worked for the CIA, but Blago must be innocent, even though he was on tape trying to sell the senate seat? Someday, you must tell us the color of the sky in your world.

It is 100% fact that Rove was lying to Fitzgerald. It is common practice for the prosecuter to ask the lying party if they would like to revise their testimony or be indicted.

Rove kept revising everytime he was caught in a lie. This is a fact.

djones520
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
It is 100% fact that Rove was lying to Fitzgerald. It is common practice for the prosecuter to ask the lying party if they would like to revise their testimony or be indicted.

Wow... that sounds a lot like you. You could almost swap names out.

m00
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
What is Obama giulty of

Well, he was a Chicago politician. So, yeah. But seriously I don't think he's any more or less corrupt than anybody else in Washington... what he is guilty of is breaking campaign promises, but that's nothing new.

Gitmo closed yet?

Satanicus
07-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow... that sounds a lot like you. You could almost swap names out.

The fact remains. Rove went back 5 times to cover his lies , It kept him out of jail.

Odysseus
07-25-2010, 06:57 PM

The fact remains. Rove went back 5 times to cover his lies , It kept him out of jail.
So, you're saying that Rove lied five times, and yet, for some reason, he never went to jail? Yet Fitzgerald nailed Scooter Libby, who he knew had not leaked anything, for perjury, even though Libby's only "crime" was not being able to recall some of the details of conversations that had occurred months before? Again, what color is the sky in your world?

Oh, and I posted a thread to ask you to revisit a question that you missed during a previous exchange. Here's the link (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=30137).

Sonnabend
07-25-2010, 10:18 PM

..and you can prove this?

Transcript please.

DU+NU_Reject
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
He offered 2 Democratic Congressmen Federal jobs if they would not run against candidates he favored. One of them was in CO. He offered Blago a job if he would appoint Valerie Jarrett senator. Blago turned it down cause it did not pay enough. It is all on the tapes for your dumb ass. The Magic Negro should be impeached for breaking the law.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/iamjooish/th_icon_lol.gif

I'd be in favor of impeaching him, but that would just put Biden in charge.

Apocalypse
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/05.10.25.BlueFitzmas-X.gif

DU+NU_Reject
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
..and you can prove this?

I can prove Rove was a Turdblossom... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/iamjooish/th_064.gif

DU+NU_Reject
07-25-2010, 11:11 PM
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/05.10.25.BlueFitzmas-X.gif

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/iamjooish/i-cant-see-shit.jpg