PDA

View Full Version : Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Gingersnap
07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
July 22, 2010
Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Fifty percent "little"/"no" confidence in Congress reading is record high
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's 2010 Confidence in Institutions poll finds Congress ranking dead last out of the 16 institutions rated this year. Eleven percent of Americans say they have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress, down from 17% in 2009 and a percentage point lower than the previous low for Congress, recorded in 2008.

http://i32.tinypic.com/xfcec4.jpg

The Gallup poll was conducted July 8-11, shortly before Congress passed a major financial regulatory reform bill, which President Obama signed into law this week.

Underscoring Congress' image problem, half of Americans now say they have "very little" or no confidence in Congress, up from 38% in 2009 -- and the highest for any institution since Gallup first asked this question in 1973. Previous near-50% readings include 48% found for the presidency in 2008, and 49% for the criminal justice system in 1994.

This year's poll also finds a 15-point drop in high confidence in the presidency, to 36% from 51% in June 2009. Over the same period, President Barack Obama's approval rating fell by 11 points, from 58% to 47%. However, confidence in the presidency remains higher than in 2008 -- the last year of George W. Bush's term -- when the figure was 26%.

Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/141512/Congress-Ranks-Last-Confidence-Institutions.aspx)

Satanicus
07-23-2010, 08:20 AM
The republicans historic low numbers in congress are pulling it all down.

lacarnut
07-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Democrats are going to lose 100 House seats in Nov. It is going to be a massacre of donkeys.

SaintLouieWoman
07-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Democrats are going to lose 100 House seats in Nov. It is going to be a massacre of donkeys.

I wish some non-RINO's would run against Olympia Snow. It doesn't matter that she's technically a Republican.

Perhaps with the low opinion of the Congress, term limits should be pushed more aggressively. Most of them, regardless of party, should be sent home.

Zathras
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM

:rolleyes:

Who's in charge of both houses again?

NJCardFan
07-23-2010, 11:37 AM

LOL. I am now convinced that you are someone's sock puppet because no one can be this deliberately stupid.

fettpett
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM

yes...the Republican's are to blame when they haven't controlled the House or Senate in 4 years....:rolleyes:

Molon Labe
07-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Is it safe to say that the people who now support Congress are an Extremist minority. :p

DU+NU_Reject
07-23-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm not a Republican, numbnuts. Constitutional conservative, yes. Republican, no.

Hawkgirl
07-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I wonder if the jackasses have started cleaning out their offices yet?

DU+NU_Reject
07-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Can anyone say they are surprised, given the recent healthcare bill? :rolleyes:

Hawkgirl
07-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Expect single digit approval ratings if they try to jam through Cap & Trade.

DU+NU_Reject
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I wonder if the jackasses have started cleaning out their offices yet?

It's like I said earlier: "even the Lemmings can smell their own defeat. :D

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Can anyone say they are surprised, given the recent healthcare bill? :rolleyes:

The GOP has worse ratings than the Dems in congress. The GOP are at historic lows.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
The GOP has worse ratings than the Dems in congress. The GOP are at historic lows.

The Dummiecrats are shitting bricks, and we will see in Nov whose ass gets kicked the worse. I can not wait cause it is going to be a slaughter. The Donkey party will lose 100 seats in the House and 10 to 12 in the Senate. Woo Hoo.

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
The Dummiecrats are shitting bricks, and we will see in Nov whose ass gets kicked the worse. I can not wait cause it is going to be a slaughter. The Donkey party will lose 100 seats in the House and 10 to 12 in the Senate. Woo Hoo.

And yet the GOP has lower ratings in congress.

What gives you such stupid ideas ?

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 09:04 PM
And yet the GOP has lower ratings in congress.

What gives you such stupid ideas ?

Go get a job and then you will learn first hand the anger toward the Democratic Congress. If you do not see that, you have shit for brains.

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 09:11 PM
you will learn first hand the anger toward the Democratic Congress. If you do not see that, you have shit for brains.

And yet the GOP has lower ratings.

Sure the American people don't like the Dems in congress, but they really really don't like the GOP.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Sure the American people don't like the Dems in congress, but they really really don't like the GOP.

You have the mentality of a parrot cause you keep repeating the same thing over and over. Polly want a cracker!

Zathras
07-24-2010, 09:34 PM

You keep saying that like a mind numbed robot (no surprise there) but provide no proof to back it up.

So this, like everything else that spews forth from your empty skull, means exatly nothing.

Satanicus
07-25-2010, 08:48 AM
You keep saying that like a mind numbed robot (no surprise there) but provide no proof to back it up.

So this, like everything else that spews forth from your empty skull, means exatly nothing.

LOL , So, you are not aware that the GOP has historic lows in Congress ?

Look here >>> http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=291624

djones520
07-25-2010, 09:12 AM

Look here >>> http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=291624

There is no such proof there. You post a comment, pure conjecture, with no proof or support to back it up. The thread is about CONGRESS's all time low. Congress which is led by the DEMOCRATS in both the House and Senate. No where in that poll is GOP or Republican mentioned.

So where is your proof that it is the Republican party that is destroying Congresses ratings?

Post proof or shut the hell up.

fettpett
07-25-2010, 09:39 AM

If you look at the polling graph in the OP you'll see that the last all time low was in 2007 (12%), the first year that Democrats were in office, and pervious to that it was 18% in 1993-94 before Republicans took control of Congress in 95, it then goes up into the 30's before tumbling in 2006-7.

Congress has historically been low...but it's the fucktard libs that are making it almost single digits.

Zathras
07-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Ok....now show me where it says that it's the GOP that's responsible for congress's low numbers like you keep repeating like the mind numbed robot you are.

Don't bother Stupidicus because you can't. Like everything else you keep repeating here, it's all opinion and no fact.

DU+NU_Reject
07-26-2010, 02:09 AM
There is no such proof there. You post a comment, pure conjecture, with no proof or support to back it up. The thread is about CONGRESS's all time low. Congress which is led by the DEMOCRATS in both the House and Senate. No where in that poll is GOP or Republican mentioned.

So where is your proof that it is the Republican party that is destroying Congresses ratings?

Post proof or shut the hell up.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Phjexpwx1xyq8M:l

lacarnut
07-26-2010, 02:27 AM
It's all good cause the Tea Party candidates and conservative Repubs are going smash the Donkeys and RINO's into oblivion. Democraps will lose 100 seats in the House and 10 to 15 in the Senate. At the end of 2 years, confidence in Congress will improve greatly. November 2nd is going to be a great day. Watching those in the left wing media will be a thing of beauty.... cry, cry, cry.

Tecate
07-26-2010, 02:30 AM
So we got a deathcare bill that was written by the insurance companies, and a banking "reform" bill that was written by the banksters... Throw in some cap and slave then sprinkle a little VAT on top... Hell, what's not to like?

I can't for the life of me figure out why the people would be pissed. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
07-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Congress is polling behind used car salesmen, pedophiles and Nigerian email scammers in terms of public confidence.

LOL The Democrats have an overwhelming majority, and you blame the drop in congressional approval on the minority party? Just a tad delusional, there.

Ever going to go to the Thunderdome? http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=292929#post292929

PoliCon
07-27-2010, 12:09 PM

interesting that you think that polling numbers of the MINORITY party are pulling down the poll numbers of the whole institution . . . . tell me - if that's the case -why are the individual republicans polling better in the election polls than are your democrat idols?