PDA

View Full Version : JournoListers Conspired To Destroy Sarah Palin Day McCain Picked Her

Gingersnap
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
JournoListers Conspired To Destroy Sarah Palin Day McCain Picked Her
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
Thu, 07/22/2010 - 10:53 ET

http://i30.tinypic.com/b7xu29.jpg

New e-mail messages published by the Daily Caller Thursday show a coordinated effort by the JournoList's members to destroy Sarah Palin the moment she was named John McCain's running mate on August 29, 2008.

Some even discussed how the former Alaska governor's decision to have a Down Syndrome baby rather than abort it could be used against her.

As the attacks ensued, the Nation's Chris Hayes wrote, "Keep the ideas coming! Have to go on TV to talk about this in a few min and need all the help I can get."

Witness America's so-called journalists conspiring to destroy a woman most of the nation had not even heard of yet:

Ryan Donmoyer, a reporter for Bloomberg News who was covering the campaign, sent a quick thought that Palin's choice not to have an abortion when she unexpectedly became pregnant at age 44 would likely boost her image because it was a heartwarming story.

"Her decision to keep the Down's baby is going to be a hugely emotional story that appeals to a vast swath of America, I think," Donmoyer wrote.

Politico reporter Ben Adler, now an editor at Newsweek, replied, "but doesn't leaving sad baby without its mother while she campaigns weaken that family values argument? Or will everyone be too afraid to make that point?"

Will everyone be too afraid to make that point? This man is currently the National Editor of Newsweek.com!

But there's more:

Ed Kilgore, managing editor of the Democratic Strategist blog, argued that journalists and others trying to help the Obama campaign should focus on Palin's beliefs. "The criticism of her really, really needs to be ideological, not just about experience. If we concede she's a ‘maverick,' we will have done John McCain an enormous service. And let's don't concede the claim that [Hillary Clinton] supporters are likely to be very attracted to her," Kilgore said. [...]

Suzanne Nossel, chief of operations for Human Rights Watch, added a novel take: "I think it is and can be spun as a profoundly sexist pick. Women should feel umbrage at the idea that their votes can be attracted just by putting a woman, any woman, on the ticket no matter her qualifications or views."

Mother Jones's [Jonathan] Stein loved the idea. "That's excellent! If enough people - people on this list? - write that the pick is sexist, you'll have the networks debating it for days. And that negates the SINGLE thing Palin brings to the ticket," he wrote.

Another writer from Mother Jones, Nick Baumann, had this idea: "Say it with me: ‘Classic GOP Tokenism'."

Wow! If enough people on this list write that the pick is sexist, you'll have the networks debating it for days.

Getting a sense of just how much control these folks had over the news cycle?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/07/22/journolisters-conspired-destroy-sarah-palin-day-mccain-picked-her#ixzz0uQRh45Uy

lacarnut
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Not that I want McCain to win re-election but we do owe him a debt of gratitude in naming her as VP. I don't think the party would be in the awesome position of cleaning out the trash in Nov. if it was not for her. She has energized the party like no other politician has. Plus, she pisses off Obama and his administration on a regular basis.

The media conspiracy to destroy her has backfired. She has made millions and is fantastic fund raiser for the Repub party and has helped Tea Party candidates all over the country. The more the media freaks pile on, the more she becomes popular. Obama and his band of dummies are too stupid to realize that she is eating their lunch.

NJCardFan
07-22-2010, 12:50 PM
The only think the media machine destroyed for her is taking her away from Alaska.

Odysseus
07-22-2010, 01:15 PM
[B]Getting a sense of just how much control these folks had over the news cycle?
Always had that sense, but it's nice to see it out in the open. And, they've taught us a few tricks that will be used against them. From now on, when one of these hacks takes a partisan position in lieu of reporting the news, their conspiracies should be thrown in their faces. "Why should we take a partisan like you seriously? Didn't you conspire on Journolist to suopress and slant news? Isn't this just more of the same?"

The only think the media machine destroyed for her is taking her away from Alaska.

The media has done some serious damage to her. By forcing her out of the governorship, they've managed to create a narrative of her as a quitter, along with the rest of the smears. Also, remember that, like generals who always tend to fight the previous war, journalists always want to report the previous story. Their paradigms are Watergate, when two reporters took down a president that they despised by inflating and perpetuating a scandal, and this last election cycle, when the media created and protected a presidential candidate by abandoning every pretense of objectivity. But, those tricks don't work every time. Just as the scandal meme has failed against subsequent Republican administrations (Iran-Contra didn't take down Reagan, and Plamegate didn't destroy Bush), the obvious partisanship of the media is rapidly eroding their credibility. Journolist is just another nail in the coffin.

lacarnut
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Hannity and O'Reilly will probably have a segment on it tonight. The liberal media is trying to destroy her but she keeps fighting them back. Most politicians would have folded up their tent and went home. Gotta admire her backbone. Shame most Repubs are lacking it.

Odysseus
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Gotta admire her backbone.

The front and side views are pretty nice, too. :D

lacarnut
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The front and side views are pretty nice, too. :D

I gotta agree with that. The gals on Fox are pretty foxy also compared to the dogs on liberal outlets.

CueSi
07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Wow... The Media Conspiring to destroy Sarah Palin???

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:H4dsxmef19fCCM:http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/jscarose/nowai.jpg

file this under "Water is wet, Cuban Coffee will jack you up , and Adam Lambert just MIGHT like c0ck. Just a little."

~QC

Odysseus
07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow... The Media Conspiring to destroy Sarah Palin???

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:H4dsxmef19fCCM:http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/jscarose/nowai.jpg

file this under "Water is wet, Cuban Coffee will jack you up , and Adam Lambert just MIGHT like c0ck. Just a little."

~QC

Adam Lambert? Seriously? Next thing, you'll tell me that Liberace and Rock Hudson were gay. :eek:

The point is not that the media conspired to slant the news, but that we now have actual quotes which can be thrown back in the faces of the conspirators every time they try to do it again. The next time Spender Ackerman calls someone a racist, someone can ask him if he means it, or if he's just using it to hide his inability to discuss the arguments raised by his victim on the merits.

CueSi
07-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I wanted to do a picture of my shocked face, but I just didn't have the time. :p

I mean, people didn't trust the media BEFORE . . . but now, they could warn us that zombies are rising out of the Gulf to kill us all, and we would say, "For real, or are ya'll just trying to deflect from Obama's epic fail of an administration?"

Then we'd just be fucked.

(aren't High Holy Days like 2 weeks away f'yall?)

~QC

fettpett
07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I wanted to do a picture of my shocked face, but I just didn't have the time. :p

I mean, people didn't trust the media BEFORE . . . but now, they could warn us that zombies are rising out of the Gulf to kill us all, and we would say, "For real, or are ya'll just trying to deflect from Obama's epic fail of an administration?"

~QC

Have you been reading World War Z?:rolleyes::D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

malloc
07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Have you been reading World War Z?:rolleyes::D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

I think they are supposed to be making a movie from that book. All in all, it was good book.

I'm glad Carelson got a hold of these emails and is publishing them. The "mainstream" slides a little more into the back seat every day. All the more reason the left congress wants more control over the internet, especially the blogs.

Hawkgirl
07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
No shocker here...but like Ody said...good to see that it's out in the open.

Lager
07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm glad to see this out in the open. Crickets from the liberal drones that post here, who always denied this sort of thing happens. I hope that the right doesn't decide to emulate this tactic, justifying that it's okay because the other side did it first. It may seem old fashioned, but I do believe that an objective press is important to a free republic. I hope this is just an aberration and not business as usual from now on.

Odysseus
07-23-2010, 10:45 AM
We'd know if there were really zombies coming out of the gulf, because ACORN would be out there trying to register them as Democrats.

~QC
The High Holy Days hit in September. It's good to be reminded, though. Even though this year was 5770, I was signing 5769 on my checks for weeks after Rosh Hashanah. :D

I'm glad to see this out in the open. Crickets from the liberal drones that post here, who always denied this sort of thing happens. I hope that the right doesn't decide to emulate this tactic, justifying that it's okay because the other side did it first. It may seem old fashioned, but I do believe that an objective press is important to a free republic. I hope this is just an aberration and not business as usual from now on.

An "objective" press is a relatively recent phenomenon. Newspapers used to be openly and fiercely partisan, but that meant that you knew where they were coming from and could filter the information. Then, around the time of the Pulitzer-Hearst circulation wars, the publishers realized that they had to tone down the partisanship in order to appeal to a wider audience. They still had their own take on the news, but it was subdued, and reporters had to interact with the people that they reported on, so some attitudes were mitigated by exposure to the real world. The city editor of a newspaper, for example, usually worked his way up from the crime beat, which meant hanging out with cops and other first responders. A reporter with an openly hostile agenda wouldn't last long enough on that beat to get promoted, so there was a filter in place. The problem today is that the media no longer interacts with the people that they report on. The homogenization of journalistic training has produced a uniform class of media personalities who attend the same schools, socialize in the same circles, draw their opinions from the same sources, and who slant the news, not always out of a conscious decision, but because they've never been exposed to the opposing point of view and therefore cannot conceive of it. Call this passive bias.

What makes this scandal different is that, unlike the unconsciously held liberal ideas which sway the media, this exposed a deliberate conspiracy to manipulate the news towards a specific end. Call that active bias. These people knew that they were creating lies and hiding truths, and did so within a forum in which their peers openly supported them in order to manipulate the election. And now that it's become a public scandal, they have eroded trust among all but the most partisan supporters of their agenda.

Speedy
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Adam Lambert? Seriously? Next thing, you'll tell me that Liberace and Rock Hudson were gay. :eek:.

No fucking way!:eek::eek:

noonwitch
07-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I didn't like all the attacks on her kids, nor did I like the implication that somehow her youngest child was actually her daughter's child, which the idiots at DU ran with (despite the fact that down's syndrome babies are far more likely to be born to a mother over 40 than to a 16 year old). But, come on, politics is a dirty business. The GOP/right wing media does the same thing to democrats.

The Swiftboat guys come to mind. None of the guys who actually served with or under the command of Kerry had anything negative to say. The swift boat people who made accusations about Kerry never served directly with him, and basically hated him for his anti-war views and activities after his tour. Those views and activities were certainly open to scruitny when he was seeking higher office, but he served in Vietnam when his opponent was given an out of the same conflict in the Texas ANG, mainly because that man's father had a lot of power and influence.

If Palin is everything that losernuts and others think she is, then she can take it. If she can't, well, it's not going to get any better if she does run for president in 2012.

Odysseus
07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I didn't like all the attacks on her kids, nor did I like the implication that somehow her youngest child was actually her daughter's child, which the idiots at DU ran with (despite the fact that down's syndrome babies are far more likely to be born to a mother over 40 than to a 16 year old). But, come on, politics is a dirty business. The GOP/right wing media does the same thing to democrats.

The Swiftboat guys come to mind. None of the guys who actually served with or under the command of Kerry had anything negative to say. The swift boat people who made accusations about Kerry never served directly with him, and basically hated him for his anti-war views and activities after his tour. Those views and activities were certainly open to scruitny when he was seeking higher office, but he served in Vietnam when his opponent was given an out of the same conflict in the Texas ANG, mainly because that man's father had a lot of power and influence.

If Palin is everything that losernuts and others think she is, then she can take it. If she can't, well, it's not going to get any better if she does run for president in 2012.

That is not true. Only three of 23 fellow commanders from Coastal Division 11 (Kerry's unit) supported Kerry, and only 13 men who served on Swift boats in the Mekong Delta supported him, but than 250 Swift boat veterans came out against Kerry, including his entire chain of command -- every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. And the disdain of his fellow commanders is especially important, as the boats
fought in groups, so the other commanders were in a better position to observe Kerry's conduct than some of his own crew members, since they couldn't evaluate whether he followed orders or worked well with the other commanders, and they certainly couldn't tell whether he had put himself in for awards, which was another allegation that came out (something Kerry could have easily put to rest by releasing his records).

OTOH, Bush was a pilot of single-engine fighters in the ANG, which wasn't something that you got to do because of your dad's influence. Pilot training is dangerous and requires completion of some serious prerequisites, and those cannot be waivered because of parental pressure. Pilots die in training, and single-engine jets were phased out because they were far more dangerous than the aircraft that replaced them.

What it comes down to is this. Both sides don't do it. I've worked both sides in elections (my parents run a Democratic Party club in Manhattan, and I grew up in the party), and I can tell you that the conduct of Democrats is far worse than that of Republicans.

Hawkgirl
07-23-2010, 07:08 PM

You're equating the Swiss Boat Veterans attack on Kerry with the attacks on Palin's children? How do you even type that with a straight face?

Gingersnap
07-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Palin is never attacked on her positions but she is constantly attacked on children, hair, clothes, accent, and hobbies.

The MSM meme is that she's "dumb". Dumber than Biden? Dumber than Pelosi?

Imagine attacking a liberal on his or her accent. That would be racist or something. Imagine attacking a liberal on his or her children. That would be outrageous.

I think she serves better as a conservative rallying figure than a presidential candidate at this point but she has more executive experience than the current president and less corruption than his cabinet.

KhrushchevsShoe
07-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Sarah Palin is not an intelligent person; she has made a lot of efforts over the past couple of years to seem smarter than she did in the election season but the cats out of the bag. Everything she does now is heavily scripted because in the rare instances where she has been allowed to improvise its been a disaster. This isn't the product of an all-out war by the media against her, its that you listen to her talk when she isn't on script or having someone speaking in her ear and its embarrassing.

Speedy
07-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Here is what I do not get. What makes anyone think that Barky Obama is so fucking smart? What is it that he has done that is supposed to completely wow me about his intelligence. His grasp about the economy? Yeah, right! His whole economic plan hinges on blaming Bush. Yeah, that is smart!

What about his grasp on foreign policy? Yeah, bowing and apologizing to dictators and despots. He is being intimadated by North Korea! Holy crap! North Korea! Run by Mr. I'm so Ronery! Yeah, took a lot of intelligence to do that.

Never in history has there been a President as stupid as this one.

Rockntractor
07-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Here is what I do not get. What makes anyone think that Barky Obama is so fucking smart? What is it that he has done that is supposed to completely wow me about his intelligence. His grasp about the economy? Yeah, right! His whole economic plan hinges on blaming Bush. Yeah, that is smart!

What about his grasp on foreign policy? Yeah, bowing and apologizing to dictators and despots. He is being intimadated by North Korea! Holy crap! North Korea! Run by Mr. I'm so Ronery! Yeah, took a lot of intelligence to do that.

He isn't making any mistakes, his job is to crash our economy and establish as many socialist programs as possible. How has he failed at this? What makes you think he lacks intelligence?

Rockntractor
07-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Sarah Palin is not an intelligent person; she has made a lot of efforts over the past couple of years to seem smarter than she did in the election season but the cats out of the bag. Everything she does now is heavily scripted because in the rare instances where she has been allowed to improvise its been a disaster. This isn't the product of an all-out war by the media against her, its that you listen to her talk when she isn't on script or having someone speaking in her ear and its embarrassing.

Whatever Toe Jam.:rolleyes:

KhrushchevsShoe
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM

Where in my post did I mention Barack Obama? Regurgitating the same tired talking points about the sitting president instead of defending Sarah Palin just goes to prove how hopeless it is to even try and call her intelligent.

Rockntractor
07-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Where in my post did I mention Barack Obama? Regurgitating the same tired talking points about the sitting president instead of defending Sarah Palin just goes to prove how hopeless it is to even try and call her intelligent.
Oh my another crude attempt at communication by Toe Jam. isn't that precious!

Speedy
07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
He isn't making any mistakes, his job is to crash our economy and establish as many socialist programs as possible. How has he failed at this? What makes you think he lacks intelligence?

He lacks intellignce because whenever he goes off off the reservation, he fucks up. He is a fucking puppet because he has done nothing on his own. He is exactly what the Libs thought of Bush. He is little more than plant. If he was not Black he would never have been installed. No White man would have been able to pull off anything like this because of being afraid of being called a racist.

I never, not for one second, fell for this bastard and I knew from day one that he was going to be the very worst thing that could have happened to our country and with everyday that passes I am proven more and more right.

Rockntractor
07-24-2010, 12:30 AM
He lacks intellignce because whenever he goes off off the reservation, he fucks up. He is a fucking puppet because he has done nothing on his own. He is exactly what the Libs thought of Bush. He is little more than plant. If he was not Black he would never have been installed. No White man would have been able to pull off anything like this because of being afraid of being called a racist.

I never, not for one second, fell for this bastard and I knew from day one that he was going to be the very worst thing that could have happened to our country and with everyday that passes I am proven more and more right.

No he stays focused, no reaching across the isle, no compromise, all or none. We could learn from these people.

Speedy
07-24-2010, 12:36 AM

I'll defend Palin and belittle Barky at the same time.

Sarah Palin ran the state of Alaska. Obama never ran so much as a lemonade stand.

Sarah has a degree and a decent GPA. Obama has sealed his records so I will assume his Affimative Action grades were lower until I see proof. There is that whole Bell Curve Thing. In lieu of grades, I'll have to go with that.

NJCardFan
07-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Hannity and O'Reilly will probably have a segment on it tonight. The liberal media is trying to destroy her but she keeps fighting them back. Most politicians would have folded up their tent and went home. Gotta admire her backbone. Shame most Repubs are lacking it.

Someone wrote into O'Reilly the other night that said something that was right on the mark. There has been some debate as to what stories the MSM has and hasn't been covering. To them the Black Panther thing wasn't newsworthy nor was the ACORN thing worth covering. Kirsten Powers blew it off because those stories were just not newsworthy. However, this person who just wrote in said that the ACORN and Black Panther stories were not newsworthy yet Sarah Palin's wardrobe drew an awful lot of coverage from the MSM. I thought that was a great point.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 02:47 AM

To go from asshole to appetite in debt to a millionaire 12 times over in less than 2 years is rather remarkable. She garners audiences like no other politician including the Magic Negro. When Obama's teleprompter goes out on him, you talk about an inept, bumbling fool, who is an ignoramus. Plus, she will be the next President.

marinejcksn
07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
I don't think the party would be in the awesome position of cleaning out the trash in Nov. if it was not for her.

HERE FREAKING HERE.

She's the most exciting GOP candidate to come out in my lifetime. At 26, I was just a tad young to remember Reagan.

I can't see why more Conservatives don't support her. Unless I'm totally missing something here, she seems to me like she's attacked almost as viciously by Established Republicans as she is moonbats. Clear answer as I see it; it's because she scares the shit outta the good old boys and that's exactly the shot in the arm the GOP needs.

If she or someone like her gets nominated in 2012 Barry doesn't stand a chance, he'll get steamrolled. What scares the crap outta me is seeing Romney and Huckleberry polling as the top potential choices right now. If the GOP runs either one of those clowns I'm registering Libertarian and never returning.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-24-2010, 08:04 AM

If you are saying that the swiftboating was on the scale of the Palin crap I would have to respectfully disagree.

The Christmas in Cambodia issue ALL by itself was proof he was lying through his teeth. There is no way he can credibly deny he was lying. Anything where there is a gray area, it turns out he himself wrote the after-action reports.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Palin as governor showed both political courage and integrity in kicking out the crooked GOP members that were entrenched in the government.

Her policy positions are spot on - at least the ones I am aware of.

Her experience is lacking, however it is FAR superior to the empty suit we have now.

I think her willingness to go after the liberals is something we have been lacking for far too long, and for this ALONE, we owe her a debt of gratitude.

That being said, I just have a nagging feeling about her being President and I hate to say that, because other than that feeling, which I cannot justify, she is very good.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 10:41 AM
HERE FREAKING HERE.

She's the most exciting GOP candidate to come out in my lifetime. At 26, I was just a tad young to remember Reagan.

I can't see why more Conservatives don't support her. Unless I'm totally missing something here, she seems to me like she's attacked almost as viciously by Established Republicans as she is moonbats. Clear answer as I see it; it's because she scares the shit outta the good old boys and that's exactly the shot in the arm the GOP needs.

If she or someone like her gets nominated in 2012 Barry doesn't stand a chance, he'll get steamrolled. What scares the crap outta me is seeing Romney and Huckleberry polling as the top potential choices right now. If the GOP runs either one of those clowns I'm registering Libertarian and never returning.

I think the Repubs have 2 shots at turning this country around. Winning back Congress is just half the battle. They have to cut spending and that includes entitlements. De-funding the health care bill is a necessity. Secondly, they have to nominate a candidate like Palin who will implement those cuts. Mitt and Huck talk a good game but they are spenders rather than cutters. Newt has many good ideas but I think he has gotten soft in the head cause he thinks he can negotiate with Democrats. Democrats will fight even spending freezes much less cuts tooth and nail so we need someone that will use the bully pulpit. Palin is more than qualified to take her message to the people in order to change Democrats minds. Sorta, kinda what Reagan did. A weak kneed compassionate conservative can not get the job done. In my opinion, spending cuts are much more important than tax cuts.

You are correct. Liberals like Noonwitch, RINO's and the GOP party bosses are deathly afraid of her brand of conservative politics. Kicking out the old guard scares the shit out of them. She or someone like her is what the Repubs need. Like I said, getting a go along to get along Congress and President will wind up being a disaster.

NJCardFan
07-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Is she a great orator? No. She's no Reagan or JFK but the woman is far from stupid. You don't get elected governor of a state by being stupid. You may not agree with her politically, but to call her stupid is irresponsible. It's the same with Obama. Is he stupid? No. You don't get elected president by being stupid. Is he a neo-Marxist with an agenda who will stop at nothing to attain his goals? Yes. Is he bad for freedom and liberty? Yes. Is he treating his position like a kid that found his father's gun? Absolutely. But you don't go to Harvard by being stupid. But to say she's not intelligent is a stupid thing to say because I'll be willing to bet that intellectually, she'd run circles around your sorry ass.

Odysseus
07-24-2010, 10:13 PM

Funny, but I recall the left making similar claims about Eisenhower, Reagan and both Bushes. Republicans are either idiots or evil geniuses (Nixon, Rove, etc.) with no in-between. You believe that Palin is a dolt because the media, the same media that conspired to sabotage her within minutes of the announcement of her selection, has told you this, and you buy the line because you want it to be true. In fact, I know people who have met Palin and she is not scripted or fake. What you see (when you look at the actual person, rather than the media libel campaign) is what you get, a woman from a humble background who worked her way through college, became a small-town mayor and a successful governor, and who has weathered a storm of acrimonious slander with good humor, grace and decency. What is it in you that makes you unable to accept that?