PDA

View Full Version : Charlie's Soap

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Has any body tried Charlie's Soap? I ordered a bucket full on line, it is supposed to only take a tablespoon full to was a load of clothes. Did I get suckered?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Wait a minute. Since when did you start using soap?

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Wait a minute. Since when did you start using soap?

That woman does!:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
That woman does!:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's why you ordered the soap. Sure.

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that's why you ordered the soap. Sure.

She needs it to clean my britches, some days when I work the oil leases I get kind of crude!

patriot45
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
She needs it to clean my britches, some days when I work the oil leases I get kind of crude!

I love charlies soup!

No soup for you! (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCgQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alcoholian.com%2F%3Fp%3D2783&ei=LN5ITN66DIH48AaXwPiQDw&usg=AFQjCNHCMKpAH-oMrzOabc-OoNJocQpLuQ)

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I love charlies soup!

No soap not soup!:confused:

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Bumping for Ginger who is a chemist and should know all about this stuff.

Articulate_Ape
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
This "Charlie" isn't the head of your local Fight Club is he, by any chance?

Gingersnap
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Bumping for Ginger who is a chemist and should know all about this stuff.

I did look and they didn't seem to disclose much beyond their MSDS and their formula was proprietary. It's a detergent obviously and detergents all work the same way. The pH was interesting. The "first timer" instructions probably don't mean much.

Most detergents only require a tablespoon or so. Try it and see how it does, I guess.

Articulate_Ape
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I did look and they didn't seem to disclose much beyond their MSDS and their formula was proprietary. It's a detergent obviously and detergents all work the same way. The pH was interesting. The "first timer" instructions probably don't mean much.

Most detergents only require a tablespoon or so. Try it and see how it does, I guess.

Any human DNA detected?

Gingersnap
07-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Any human DNA detected?

I don't work for CSI.

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 10:07 PM

I checked it out on some reviews and forums, it has almost a cult like following. A lot of people love it, some hate it. i guess I was just curious. Nothing gets my clothes clean anymore.

Articulate_Ape
07-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I checked it out on some reviews and forums, it has almost a cult like following. A lot of people love it, some hate it. i guess I was just curious. Nothing gets my clothes clean anymore.

Have tried fire?

patriot45
07-22-2010, 10:11 PM

Bealls outlet store, just throw out the old after 4 or 5 days and buy new, its cheaper! The goats might not like it tho! :D

Gingersnap
07-22-2010, 10:13 PM

Do you soak them? Mr. Snaps can generate some nasty clothing. If it's cotton (and it always is), I fill the washer and soak his clothes with borax for a few hours - then I wash the load. That seems to work fairly well. I might rub Fels Naptha on stubborn stains or use Spray 'n Wash beforehand.

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Bealls outlet store, just throw out the old after 4 or 5 days and buy new, its cheaper! The goats might not like it tho! :D
I have been buying military surplus. right now I'm Italian army boot camp.

patriot45
07-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I have been buying military surplus. right now I'm Italian army boot camp.

Heh! You should buy thier rifles! Never fired and only dropped once! :D

Rockntractor
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Heh! You should buy thier rifles! Never fired and only dropped once! :D

That's the french, I just stocked up on winter clothes, I'll be German army for winter.:D

Rockntractor
07-29-2010, 11:23 PM
So far so good. No need for dryer sheet because there is no static. Low suds and cleaned fine with one tablespoon full. I bought 50 pounds or so it better keep working or that woman will never let me hear the end of it!:eek:

Gingersnap
07-29-2010, 11:27 PM
So far so good. No need for dryer sheet because there is no static. Low suds and cleaned fine with one tablespoon full. I bought 50 pounds or so it better keep working or that woman will never let me hear the end of it!:eek:

Excellent!