View Full Version : term limits

namvet
07-23-2010, 03:34 PM
do you believe in it??? if not ignore. I do

if you do go here:
http://www.actnowus.org/sign%20petition.html

Speedy
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't believe in term limits. People should be smart enough to fire thier congressman when he needs to be and if they aren't then they get the representation they deserve.

namvet
07-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't believe in term limits. People should be smart enough to fire thier congressman when he needs to be and if they aren't then they get the representation they deserve.

but they're not. these old bastards will die in office before they leave. re elected over and over.

if we had it just think. Ried, Murtha, kennedy and all the other Osama soldiers are long gone !!! their to old and to stupid to do anything but sign where they're told to

thanks for the input. I meant this to be a cuss and dicuss.

Speedy
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I meant this to be a cuss and dicuss.

I can that.

The fucking voters who were fucking stupid enough to keep these fucking politicians in office deserved them. It is not like those fucking assholes did not have someone running against them. I think the stupid term limits would be worse. You would have some fuckers who would be in their last term who would post votes out of spite just to fuck the public over.

People should vote for whoever they want.

namvet
07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I can that.

The fucking voters who were fucking stupid enough to keep these fucking politicians in office deserved them. It is not like those fucking assholes did not have someone running against them. I think the stupid term limits would be worse. You would have some fuckers who would be in their last term who would post votes out of spite just to fuck the public over.

People should vote for whoever they want.

that is a risk no doubt. some say 8 yrs like the prez. that's to short for youngster. not enough incentive. but what's retirement age now??? 67??? sound good to me. and they know it going in.

Articulate_Ape
07-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Speedy is correct, namvet. Term limits are explicitly unconstitutional and a double-edged sword. The ballot box is the term limiter. It is up to the electorate to make wise use of it. A democracy is only as good as its people.

namvet
07-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Speedy is correct, namvet. Term limits are explicitly unconstitutional and a double-edged sword. The ballot box is the term limiter. It is up to the electorate to make wise use of it. A democracy is only as good as its people.

will the ballot box count??? ACORN and the panthers will be at it again. Osama has given them a free hand. are we looking at 08 all over ???? i wonder

Speedy
07-23-2010, 05:11 PM
will the ballot box count??? ACORN and the panthers will be at it again. Osama has given them a free hand. are we looking at 08 all over ???? i wonder

We always have the Klan. What's good for the goose...

namvet
07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
dial 1-800-hangemhigh