PDA

View Full Version : High Unemployment and Record Deficits through 2012

Apocalypse
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
WASHINGTON New estimates from the White House on Friday predict the budget deficit will reach a record $1.47 trillion this year. The government is borrowing 41 cents of every dollar it spends.

That's actually a little better than the administration predicted in February.

The new estimates paint a grim unemployment picture as the economy experiences a relatively jobless recovery. The unemployment rate, presently averaging 9.5 percent, would average 9 percent next year under the new estimates.

The Office of Management and Budget report has ominous news for President Barack Obama should he seek re-election in 2012 a still-high unemployment rate of 8.1 percent. That would be well above normal, which is closer to a rate of 5.5 percent to 6 percent. Private economists don't think the unemployment rate will drop to those levels until well into this decade.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Av2etLafz9W6.rsyAGAMZpabvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTJwMWd pMGdnBGNwb3MDMgRlZAMxBGcDOGY3MWIzOGJiODIwZTY0NmViY zZmNjc0ZWRmNWQ3NjMEaW50bAN1cwRzZWMDaW5fbmV3cwRzbGs DbndzLXRpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=12l98vm4b/EXP=1280006634/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100723/ap_on_bi_ge/us_budget_deficit

Can any one say cooked goose?

lacarnut
07-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Those are rosy OMB estimates which will be higher. Just wait till the health care kicks in.

NJCardFan
07-23-2010, 10:48 PM
But...but...but...there's job growth under Obama!

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 07:31 AM
WASHINGTON New estimates from the White House on Friday predict the budget deficit will reach a record $1.47 trillion this year. The government is borrowing 41 cents of every dollar it spends.

That's actually a little better than the administration predicted in February.

The new estimates paint a grim unemployment picture as the economy experiences a relatively jobless recovery. The unemployment rate, presently averaging 9.5 percent, would average 9 percent next year under the new estimates.

The Office of Management and Budget report has ominous news for President Barack Obama should he seek re-election in 2012 a still-high unemployment rate of 8.1 percent. That would be well above normal, which is closer to a rate of 5.5 percent to 6 percent. Private economists don't think the unemployment rate will drop to those levels until well into this decade.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Av2etLafz9W6.rsyAGAMZpabvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTJwMWd pMGdnBGNwb3MDMgRlZAMxBGcDOGY3MWIzOGJiODIwZTY0NmViY zZmNjc0ZWRmNWQ3NjMEaW50bAN1cwRzZWMDaW5fbmV3cwRzbGs DbndzLXRpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=12l98vm4b/EXP=1280006634/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100723/ap_on_bi_ge/us_budget_deficit

Can any one say cooked goose?

Ummmm , The CU doesn't accept the OMB as a credible source.

djones520
07-24-2010, 07:33 AM

You do though, so this should really suck for you huh?

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM

The way the dummy-in-chief is going, I doubt that unemployment will be below 9% and the deficits under 1.5 trillion for the next couple of years. Like I said, the OMB can only use figures obtained from Obummer which will woefully be understated. For example, the health care. Even an idiot like you should be able to figure out that insuring an extra 15 million will increase the cost.

Satanicus
07-24-2010, 09:17 AM
The way the dummy-in-chief is going, I doubt that unemployment will be below 9% and the deficits under 1.5 trillion for the next couple of years. Like I said, the OMB can only use figures obtained from Obummer which will woefully be understated. For example, the health care. Even an idiot like you should be able to figure out that insuring an extra 15 million will increase the cost.

And in your mind, this had nothing to do with Bush destroying the nations economy ?

Bush said himself that he needed a 800 billion dollar check with no strings attached in a matter of days or the economy would collapse into a disaster..

And what followed was a disaster. It took 8 years of the Bush policy to bring us down, and now less than 2 years later you are complaining it isn't fixed ?

Smash a glass on the ground , it will take a fraction of a second , now try and put it back together.

djones520
07-24-2010, 09:37 AM
And in your mind, this had nothing to do with Bush destroying the nations economy ?

Bush said himself that he needed a 800 billion dollar check with no strings attached in a matter of days or the economy would collapse into a disaster..

And what followed was a disaster. It took 8 years of the Bush policy to bring us down, and now less than 2 years later you are complaining it isn't fixed ?

Smash a glass on the ground , it will take a fraction of a second , now try and put it back together.

Satanicus, explain to me what Bush policies created this situation, and how they did it. Furthermore, I'd like you to also explain what if any impacts the Democrats may have had on creating it. Make sure you cite your work. Use whatever links you like.

Can you do that? My Magic 8 Ball says no.

You keep saying we're stupid, yada yada, but you never actually provide any explanation. So why don't you do so. Instead of posting one liners, and meaningless graphs, why not actually try to educate us in what we cannot see that you can.

I'll be waiting.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-24-2010, 09:46 AM

Everything harmful that Bush did, Obama multiplied it. Everything Bush did that was helpful, Obama is ending.

lacarnut
07-24-2010, 10:52 AM

Bush is no longer President. I will admit he made mistakes. However, you are too stupid to understand that Obama was hired to clean the mess up. He has failed miserably and will get defeated in 012, and the Democrats will get slaughtered in Nov. Keep blaming Bush if it makes you feel good. That is not going to make unemployment or the deficit go down. Independents have turned on Obama like a buzzard to a dead carcass.

NJCardFan
07-24-2010, 11:05 AM

I guess the economy going into the shitter once the Dems regained control is completely lost on you, eh?

namvet
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Satanicus has been programmed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3279236161_c0e90e2e6d_o.gif

Apocalypse
07-24-2010, 11:34 AM
But.. But... But... He has this graph from a BLOG!

Lager
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM

And I believe that was one of his biggest mistakes. I think he got some bad advice on that one. But the people who ran his economic team are pretty much the same who run it now.