PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean Offers Gingrich Backhanded Endorsement for 2012

Apocalypse
07-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Dean Offers Gingrich Backhanded Endorsement for 2012
By Emily Heil, CQ-Roll Call

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) got a surprise endorsement Sunday for a potential 2012 presidential bid from Howard Dean, the former Democratic National Committee chairman.

Gingrich said on “Fox News Sunday” that he is exploring with his family whether to launch a presidential campaign and that he will finalize his decision in February or March.
Click here to learn more!

Dean, who appeared opposite Gingrich on Fox, offered unlikely support. “The Republican Party is lacking in ideas. ... He can supply intellectual leadership,” he said. Gingrich had “tons of ideas for moving America forward,” not that he agrees with any of them, Dean added.

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000003709368

swirling_vortex
07-25-2010, 10:51 PM
April fools?

Apocalypse
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
April fools?
I would go more with ether Dean's mind is slipping, or Rats abandoning sinking ship. HMS Obama.

swirling_vortex
07-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I would go more with ether Dean's mind is slipping, or Rats abandoning sinking ship. HMS Obama.
Seems more like satire to me, or because Gingrich would put a dent in the conservative movement.

Rockntractor
07-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Stay tuned, coming up next Satanicus will say GW was brilliant:D!

Chuck58
07-26-2010, 12:15 AM
I watched the show.

Gingrich is a damned smart individual who has some good ideas. To me, he's also the past. Somebody new and genuinely Conservative has to rise to the top in the Republican Party. Right now, Palin says the right things. Being Western and from a neighbor state, I like Jan Brewer from Arizona. Right now, it really seems to me the women of the party have more guts and carry the Conservative banner much better than the men.

Gingrich just has too many skeletons to have a chance, and I don't think he's enough Conservative.

lacarnut
07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I watched the show.

Gingrich is a damned smart individual who has some good ideas. To me, he's also the past. Somebody new and genuinely Conservative has to rise to the top in the Republican Party. Right now, Palin says the right things. Being Western and from a neighbor state, I like Jan Brewer from Arizona. Right now, it really seems to me the women of the party have more guts and carry the Conservative banner much better than the men.

Gingrich just has too many skeletons to have a chance, and I don't think he's enough Conservative.

Agree. Newt has some good ideas but he has got soft in the head if he thinks he will be able to negotiate with the Democrats. He is living in the past. Entitlement spending needs to be cut. A war with them will ensue with the mention of freezes much less spending cuts and eliminating agencies. So, the Repubs need a fighter and like you said the women have more guts than the men.

Satanicus
07-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Oh please run Newt.

obx
07-26-2010, 08:30 AM
I would rather see him as Sec. of State under Palin, but I would vote for him if he ran. And if he ran, he would whip Ododo hands down.
________
Lamborghini Espada (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Espada)

Apocalypse
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Oh hell, GWB could beat obumble hands down right now as popular as he is.

namvet
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I think Deans cracker slide off its cheese

lacarnut
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM

I betcha Newt got this big shit eating grin on his face when the endorsement was made by Dean. Similar to Obama mentioning McCain's name. He we wees in his drawers with admiration.

PoliCon
07-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Newt is about power not about principles. I will NOT vote for Newt.

namvet
07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Newt is about power not about principles. I will NOT vote for Newt.

principles??? what's that???

PoliCon
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
principles??? what's that???

something completely lacking in most people who live and work within Metro DC.

namvet
07-26-2010, 11:10 AM
something completely lacking in most people who live and work within Metro DC.

DC stinks like a whorehouse at low tide. has for years. anyone that goes there is instantly corrupt

PoliCon
07-26-2010, 11:21 AM
DC stinks like a whorehouse at low tide. has for years. anyone that goes there is instantly corrupt

I'd say that anyone who spends any length of time there is corrupted. There is a difference. This is also why I support term limits and a ban on air-conditioning in all federal buildings.

namvet
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd say that anyone who spends any length of time there is corrupted. There is a difference. This is also why I support term limits and a ban on air-conditioning in all federal buildings.

I don't think it takes very long at all to fit into the "establishment".

I posted term limit on here. but i guess so far its just you and I that support it.

PoliCon
07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't think it takes very long at all to fit into the "establishment".

I posted term limit on here. but i guess so far its just you and I that support it.

there are a few others. Sadly however, few people grasp the importance of the ban on air conditioning though. :(

lacarnut
07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh hell, GWB could beat obumble hands down right now as popular as he is.

Porky the Pig could beat the Magic Negro. Oink:D

I support any kind of A.C. ban on the DC critters. Less time spent in their offices, the better.

PoliCon
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I support any kind of A.C. ban on the DC critters. Less time spent in their offices, the better.;) exactly

m00
07-26-2010, 03:13 PM

I think the problem here is that the whole system is corrupted, to the point where an otherwise moral official goes to Washington and he realizes he has to make deals with the devil to get anything done.

What we really need to do is just fire the lot of them at the same time.

Articulate_Ape
07-26-2010, 04:42 PM

It sure has. He spoke at my son's college graduation in May and he was so incoherent everyone was just shaking their heads. He was preceded by an impromptu speech by schmucky Chucky Schumer and between the two clowns they turned the event into a Democratic campaign stop. Most people were pretty disgusted by it and the audience was made up of some pretty Liberal folks. At least Schumer did his whoring with some semblance of eloquence, Dean just sounded daft.

Oh, and the graduates kept cheering loudly during his speech which confused me. I asked my son what it was all about and he said they were all screaming "YEEEEAHHH!" in the "Dean Scream" fashion. Hilarious.

namvet
07-26-2010, 07:32 PM
It sure has. He spoke at my son's college graduation in May and he was so incoherent everyone was just shaking their heads. He was preceded by an impromptu speech by schmucky Chucky Schumer and between the two clowns they turned the event into a Democratic campaign stop. Most people were pretty disgusted by it and the audience was made up of some pretty Liberal folks. At least Schumer did his whoring with some semblance of eloquence, Dean just sounded daft.

Oh, and the graduates kept cheering loudly during his speech which confused me. I asked my son what it was all about and he said they were all screaming "YEEEEAHHH!" in the "Dean Scream" fashion. Hilarious.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/l/1/dean_kitten.jpg