PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Fights, anyone?

Hawkgirl
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I try to keep politics off my Wall because I have a few leftist friends and I want to be cordial with everyone...
But an old buddy posted this:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2nt9to2.jpg

She lives in Chocolate City, Louisiana...so, as expected, this ensued...

17 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (8)Hide Feedback (8) · Share
4 people like this.

Patricia: DON'T PLAY WITH OBAMA!!! SOME PEOPLE VOTED BUSH A SECOND TERM CONSIDERING ALL THE DAMAGE HE DID AND LEFT OBAMA TO FIX. HE BETTER BE LUCKY THAT ONLY A SHOE WAS THROWN AT HIM!!

Hawkgirl: Mary, Luckily, the democrat congress will be thrown out in November, and Zero will be a one term President! Unfortunately, whomever gets elected will have to deal with trillion dollar deficits Obama will leave behind.

Patricia: ‎@Hawklgirl: the deficit did not start with Obama first of all if you go back and check your presidental history why don't you research the damage in finances Bush left Obama with while his stupid self was looking for weapons of destruction that he did not even find on top of killing off our soldiers. Trust me dumb Bush has Obama beat by a long shot. Bush lucky I was not there to throw that shoe because I have a good aim!

Hawkgirl: Blaming Bush has stopped working...have you seen the latest congress and Obama poll numbers? They are in the toilet. Obama has promised to fix everything. He has failed miserably and has only managed to make things much worse. He will be defeated in 012....but in the meanwhile, we need to get rid of the Democrat controlled congress, and stop this spending if we are avoid Bankruptcy. As for the shoe flinging...knock yourself out. I"ll stick with my vote and kick the Big Zero and his minions out of office.

Tell me to stop responding...lol I can't help myself.

Big Guy
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I post NOTHING political on my facebook, I have freinds of ALL political pursuasions. I also have co-workers as freinds, co-workers that would use politics to harm my career. I only have ten years to retirement, I'm not going to screw it up now.

That's why I'm here, this is where I can voice my political views without ruining my career.:cool:

Hawkgirl
07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
That's why I'm here, this is where I can voice my political views without ruining my career.:cool:

Well, that's why I don't do this on MY wall...but it's an old buddy and we don't have any mutual friends. But ya never know...it's so hard to read dumb stuff and not comment :cool:

Big Guy
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, that's why I don't do this on MY wall...but it's an old buddy and we don't have any mutual friends. But ya never know...it's so hard to read dumb stuff and not comment :cool:

It's hard to not comment, but comment you must not of facebook. ;)

Gingersnap
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
This is why I'm not on social networking sites.

Hawkgirl
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM

I'm not very active on mine.....lately, with reading about pedophiles and other nuts hanging around sites like Facebook, I'm even less enticed.

Articulate_Ape
07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
What's Facebook?

NJCardFan
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I usually post quotes by the Founders as my status. Today I posted part of the 2nd paragraph of the Declaration of Independence.

namvet
07-26-2010, 10:03 PM
What's Facebook?

a new sexual position :D

RobJohnson
07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
...it's so hard to read dumb stuff and not comment :cool:

I agree!

noonwitch
07-27-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't really do much politics on facebook. I keep track of high school friends, college friends and the teenagers I work with on it (amazing that they actually accept my friend requests, when they post such stupid things on there).

djones520
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Facebook? Whats that?

FlaGator
07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
What's Facebook?

High school year book.

ralph wiggum
07-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't post anything political there at all. Arguing politics is what CU and related sites are for. ;)

lacarnut
07-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Same here. I don't need to be connected.

jendf
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
High school year book.

Yes! I also think the relationship status updates are like this generation's version of the letterman jacket. You're not really a couple until you've announced it with a Facebook update. LOL.

PoliCon
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I try to keep politics off my Wall because I have a few leftist friends and I want to be cordial with everyone...
But an old buddy posted this:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2nt9to2.jpg

She lives in Chocolate City, Louisiana...so, as expected, this ensued...

17 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (8)Hide Feedback (8) · Share
4 people like this.

Patricia: DON'T PLAY WITH OBAMA!!! SOME PEOPLE VOTED BUSH A SECOND TERM CONSIDERING ALL THE DAMAGE HE DID AND LEFT OBAMA TO FIX. HE BETTER BE LUCKY THAT ONLY A SHOE WAS THROWN AT HIM!!

Hawkgirl: Mary, Luckily, the democrat congress will be thrown out in November, and Zero will be a one term President! Unfortunately, whomever gets elected will have to deal with trillion dollar deficits Obama will leave behind.

Patricia: ‎@Hawklgirl: the deficit did not start with Obama first of all if you go back and check your presidental history why don't you research the damage in finances Bush left Obama with while his stupid self was looking for weapons of destruction that he did not even find on top of killing off our soldiers. Trust me dumb Bush has Obama beat by a long shot. Bush lucky I was not there to throw that shoe because I have a good aim!

Hawkgirl: Blaming Bush has stopped working...have you seen the latest congress and Obama poll numbers? They are in the toilet. Obama has promised to fix everything. He has failed miserably and has only managed to make things much worse. He will be defeated in 012....but in the meanwhile, we need to get rid of the Democrat controlled congress, and stop this spending if we are avoid Bankruptcy. As for the shoe flinging...knock yourself out. I"ll stick with my vote and kick the Big Zero and his minions out of office.

Tell me to stop responding...lol I can't help myself.

I created a second facebook account - using this ID actually Poli Con :) - to end just this kinda crap on my wall. I have way too many leftist members of my family and associates for posting anything that touches on politics to be a safe subject.

PoliCon
07-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes! I also think the relationship status updates are like this generation's version of the letterman jacket. You're not really a couple until you've announced it with a Facebook update. LOL.

it's not official until it's FACEBOOK official! :D

PoliCon
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't really do much politics on facebook. I keep track of high school friends, college friends and the teenagers I work with on it (amazing that they actually accept my friend requests, when they post such stupid things on there).

I do not EVER accept friends requests from current students. In a few years - perhaps. But never my current students.