And some of the comments are amazing:

http://www.hcsfjm.com/commments.html

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I signed up as Barack Obama.

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM

You're the guy who doesn't like poor whites voting, right?

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Especially idiots who will flip ideology 180 degrees out of spite. This guy is without a doubt a total moron, it was only a matter of time before he became a Republican. Enjoy him.

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
You're one of those posters from DU who thinks I'm a guy. LOL!!!

So what's your real handle over there? :)

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Eyelids please for the love of the God you don't believe in please stop talking.

SaintLouieWoman
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
http://hcsfjm.com/

And some of the comments are amazing:

http://www.hcsfjm.com/commments.html

Thank you for posting this. One comment I find especially encouraging.

Obama is the classic tool: telegenic as all hell, but just in reality an empty suit.

McCain, I believe, is an honest man. He and I do not see eye to eye on many things, but I do believe he will be a better president than Obama

I feel that there is hope for America after reading many of these comments and from your posts. I'd hate to think that the American people would be so easily led by the "change" chant that they would elect someone disastrous to our country.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the democratic process.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 10:15 PM
It'd be so weird for a hugely Dem senate and congress and also having John McCain as president, yet it could happen.

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Thank you for posting this. One comment I find especially encouraging.

I feel that there is hope for America after reading many of these comments and from your posts. I'd hate to think that the American people would be so easily led by the "change" chant that they would elect someone disastrous to our country.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the democratic process.

There a demagoguery that a lot of us are afraid of. Obama looks great on TV and speaks exceptionally well. It takes a critical thinker to realize that he isn't saying anything. I once asked an Obama follower what Obama's plans were for the country and I was directed to a website that mostly talked about "Shedding the Light." When I looked for specifics, one of the "shedding the light" policies was to put government information on the internet. I remarked to the Obama follower that putting government information on the internet (for the purposes of making it more accessible to the public) had been going on for years, and that a friend of mine had actually been in charge of such a project for a Federal agency. I got no answer in response.

That was what scared me. There was nothing concrete in terms of policy but all this feeling. I think that's why older voters were just not snowed in the same way that the younger set was. I personally got the feeling that Obama was in way over his head and would end up being run by others in the end.

SaintLouieWoman
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
It'd be so weird for a hugely Dem senate and congress and also having John McCain as president, yet it could happen.

It's preferable to a Dem senate, congress and president. There would be no balance of power at all. We'd be in for a minimum rough 2 years, til the folks came to their senses and at least changed the House.

SaintLouieWoman
06-04-2008, 10:19 PM
There a demagoguery that a lot of us are afraid of. Obama looks great on TV and speaks exceptionally well. It takes a critical thinker to realize that he isn't saying anything. I once asked an Obama follower what Obama's plans were for the country and I was directed to a website that mostly talked about "Shedding the Light." When I looked for specifics, one of the "shedding the light" policies was to put government information on the internet. I remarked to the Obama follower that putting government information on the internet (for the purposes of making it more accessible to the public) had been going on for years, and that a friend of mine had actually been in charge of such a project for a Federal agency. I got no answer in response.

That was what scared me. There was nothing concrete in terms of policy but all this feeling. I think that's why older voters were just not snowed in the same way that the younger set was. I personally got the feeling that Obama was in way over his head and would end up being run by others in the end.

I also think that. It's frightening that so many people use no logic or analysis before voting. The "Change" mantra is alarming. Why can't people realize that change for the sake of change is ludicrous.

I'm praying that there are more thinking Democrats like you that see the fallacy of Obama. There must be, as Hillary did get a majority of the votes.

du freeper
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Ya forgot your middle name didn't you Hussein?

By the way, welcome Elspeth! I enjoyed reading your opening thread! :)

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Ya forgot your middle name didn't you Hussein?

By the way, welcome Elspeth! I enjoyed reading your opening thread! :)

Thank you. I've had a very pleasant welcome here.

Eyelids must be someone from DU. There was an odd little group over there that thought I was a guy. I'm not sure why that was: I think their stereotype of a female is someone who backs down, and I never have. They didn't get away with crap with me when they posted, and I think that's why they went after me with insults and alerts to the moderators.

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome Elspeth! (I love the name)

There is a wide range of political ideologies here. Republicans for and against McCain, Libertarians for and against, and a few Democrats.

Eyelids is our token idiot. He rarely makes much sense and lies about just about everything. I just pretend he's like a dog humping someone's leg - an embarrassment to all.

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome Elspeth! (I love the name)

There is a wide range of political ideologies here. Republicans for and against McCain, Libertarians for and against, and a few Democrats.

Eyelids is our token idiot. He rarely makes much sense and lies about just about everything. I just pretend he's like a dog humping someone's leg - an embarrassment to all.

LOL! I'll keep my furniture under wraps then. :)

It's good to know that you have some variety. The other thing I've noticed by perusing the threads is that the tone overall tends to be very civil. I don't see one liners like: "You're an [expletive deleted]" It's refreshing.

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh Elpseth get over yourself. I had no clue you were a woman...

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Heres how I feel about Elpseth and those like her (men and women alike):

A bunch of immature children far too emotional for politics. They are willing to sacrifice their ideologies and stances on the issues to spite a candidate who is nearly identical in terms of policy to the one they so vigorously supported. People like Elpseth ruin this country every four years, they vote merely on what their emotions tell them and swarm to a hive mentality. When they see exit-polls that suggest a division in the democratic party they rally around these discrepancies instead of reject them. Elpseth, if you really do vote for John McCain I hope you wreap every inch that you've sewn.

I might not like Republicans, but I respect even lacarnut (who for reference hates me because of the color of my skin) more than I do you Elpseth. You are a coward, a follower and a close-minded fool. If god-forbid Hillary Clinton beat Barack Obama I would grudgingly donate $25 to her campaign, buy a Clinton/Whoever bumper sticker and vote for her in November. Elpseth, you are a total fucking child.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:12 PM
lacarnut hates white people too now?

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
lacarnut hates white people too now?

No. He hates idiots and short people. I wonder which one Eyelids is.

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Note: the lack of response from Phillygirl and Goldwater to the post I made. They want to coddle and welcome Elpseth to the coward's club.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:16 PM

I was pulling his leg, his racist race-baiting sick racism leg.

:P

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I was pulling his leg, his racist race-baiting sick racism leg.

:P

So was I. ;)

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Note: the lack of response from Phillygirl and Goldwater to the post I made. They want to coddle and welcome Elpseth to the coward's club.

Your post was directed at her, not me or the Phill-meister, why would either of us respond?

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM

I think he hates anyone who doesn't follow blind dogma. At least that is the impression I am getting. If one follows blindly, even if the leader is Pied Piper or a flim-flam artist, that's a good thing. If one thinks about it and decides not to follow the leader off the abyss, that is being a "child."

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Your post was directed at her, not me or the Phill-meister, why would either of us respond?

Oh you guys love to rush in a strike a cheap shot, but every so often I'll stop screwing around with you guys and post something serious and it all but kills the thread.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh you guys love to rush in a strike a cheap shot, but every so often I'll stop screwing around with you guys and post something serious and it all but kills the thread.

Did you not see the crazy halarious improvisation that Philly and I were creating bouncing off eachother?

Eyelids
I think he hates anyone who doesn't follow blind dogma. At least that is the impression I am getting. If one follows blindly, even if the leader is Pied Piper or a flim-flam artist, that's a good thing. If one thinks about it and decides not to follow the leader off the abyss, that is being a "child."

When I called her a coward, this is exactly what I meant. Are you going to respond to me or conveniently ignore my post.

Elspeth

I don't believe you were talking to them. The post was addressed to me and I, very wisely, chose to ignore you. :)

Elspeth
06-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Did you not see the crazy halarious improvisation that Philly and I were creating bouncing off eachother?

I liked it.:cool:

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I hope even you guys who probably celebrate the loss of a vote for Obama understand whats wrong with this picture and America in general. People dont think, they just feel. Now I might disagree with you guys on, well, everything; and maybe sometimes out of frustration I'll call you guys racists (which some of you are). But, I do respect you guys for at least thinking for yourselves.

Take a step back guys and look at what Elpseth is doing... is this really how Americans should chose the people who run this country? Out of spite?

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:30 PM
I hope even you guys who probably celebrate the loss of a vote for Obama understand whats wrong with this picture and America in general. People dont think, they just feel.

I agree with that. It is the reason a Chicago Charlatan has managed to wrangle the nomination from the D Party. Hopefully there will be more in the country that actually think about the issues, rather than wanting to make history out of an empty suit with a good cadence.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree with that. It is the reason a Chicago Charlatan has managed to wrangle the nomination from the D Party. Hopefully there will be more in the country that actually think about the issues, rather than wanting to make history out of an empty suit with a good cadence.

You make a great point, a lot of success for even Obama is shallow.

There goes the improv...

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM

You know when you guys call Obama the most leftist presidential candidate ever? that makes me want to vote for him much more than the color of his skin.

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
You know when you guys call Obama the most leftist presidential candidate ever? that makes me want to vote for him much more than the color of his skin.

And yet the fact that it's a toss up for you is interesting. I've never voted for a candidate because he was white.

Eyelids
06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
And yet the fact that it's a toss up for you is interesting. I've never voted for a candidate because he was white.

Thats because every candidate has been white...

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:35 PM

Maybe in the general election, but not in the primaries and caucuses.

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:36 PM

Perhaps for president. But not for me locally. I had seriously considered voting for Alan Keyes in 2000, but didn't. It had nothing to do with his skin color though.

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Perhaps for president. But not for me locally. I had seriously considered voting for Alan Keyes in 2000, but didn't. It had nothing to do with his skin color though.

That guy is so crazy, does he even count as black? He shouldn't be white, I don't want him in my race.

Phillygirl
06-04-2008, 11:42 PM
That guy is so crazy, does he even count as black? He shouldn't be white, I don't want him in my race.

Back in 2000 I liked him a lot. I can't remember what happened, but I remember thinking he jumped the shark in his last Senate run.

Gingersnap
06-04-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't believe you were talking to them. The post was addressed to me and I, very wisely, chose to ignore you. :)

We have a tremendous amount of fun with Blinky. I can see you'll fit right in here. :D

cclanofirish
06-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I hope even you guys who probably celebrate the loss of a vote for Obama understand whats wrong with this picture and America in general. People dont think, they just feel. Now I might disagree with you guys on, well, everything; and maybe sometimes out of frustration I'll call you guys racists (which some of you are). But, I do respect you guys for at least thinking for yourselves.

Take a step back guys and look at what Elpseth is doing... is this really how Americans should chose the people who run this country? Out of spite?

Its better than wanting "change" for the sake of "change".

Eyelids
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
You guys are such partisan robots that you cant even recognize something that should be obvious to anyone. Thats really sad, and even more pathetic.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
We have a tremendous amount of fun with Blinky. I can see you'll fit right in here. :D

I do my best. :D

lacarnut
06-05-2008, 12:31 AM

Disaster is my descriptive word. We would have massive social programs. Huge tax increases, Slashing military and intellligence budgets would be passed.

lacarnut
06-05-2008, 12:55 AM
You guys are such partisan robots that you cant even recognize something that should be obvious to anyone. Thats really sad, and even more pathetic.

What is sad is that dumb ass blacks like you have your eyes closed when looking at a racist candidate like Obama and his wife.

In the Baton Rouge Advocate paper today there was a story on the front page of a black kid that was home schooled by his dad who retired early because he knows that the public schools are so lousy. The kid is 13 years old and will start college, major in physics and go on to become a doctor. I admire someone like that who works hard, gets an education and will be a credit to his race. He sees the opportunity in this great country and will exhibt his talents to the fullest. I doubt that he sees a racist under every rock like you . You are the one that is pathetic and a loser that will have a very unhappy pitiful life.

everyman68
06-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Sometimes we don't even understand our own emotions. I will vote for Obama because he is closer to me on most issues than John McCain but I would not feel bad if he lost. I once had a college professor who voted for George McGovern but said he was relieved McGovern lost because he believed him to be incompetent.

This should be an interesting race. John McCain is a good man with a solid resume but Obama is very charismatic and can mesmerize people. The political environment also favors the Democrats.

I guess this race is liberating to me because I don't have a dog in this fight...

P.S. I wrote the mod...Can I have my old handle with thousands of posts back.Same name...

Zathras
06-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Heh heh. Irony, thy name is Eyelids.

du freeper
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Somtimes we don't even understand our own emotions. I will vote for Obama because he is closer to me on most issues than John McCain but I would not feel bad if he lost. I once had a college professor who voted for George McGovern but said he was relieved McGovern lost because he believed him to be incompetent.

This should be an interesting race. John McCain is a good man with a solid resume but Obama is very charismatic and can mesmerize people. The political environment also favors the Democrats.

I guess this race is liberating to me because I don't have a dog in this fight...

P.S. I wrote the mod...Can I have my old handle with thousands of posts back.Same name...

I won't vote for Obama, but like you I have no dog in this hunt. My vote will probably be a write in.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
What is sad is that dumb ass blacks like you have your eyes closed when looking at a racist candidate like Obama and his wife.

In the Baton Rouge Advocate paper today there was a story on the front page of a black kid that was home schooled by his dad who retired early because he knows that the public schools are so lousy. The kid is 13 years old and will start college, major in physics and go on to become a doctor. I admire someone like that who works hard, gets an education and will be a credit to his race. He sees the opportunity in this great country and will exhibt his talents to the fullest. I doubt that he sees a racist under every rock like you . You are the one that is pathetic and a loser that will have a very unhappy pitiful life.

Homeschooling can do some amazing things. Our public schools are dying, and I think by design. I am almost convinced that the Department of Education was created to destroy public education in America.

du freeper
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Homeschooling can do some amazing things. Our public schools are dying, and I think by design. I am almost convinced that the Department of Education was created to destroy public education in America.

Amen!

Goldwater
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM

Excellent, already she is turning into me.

everyman68
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I won't vote for Obama, but like you I have no dog in this hunt. My vote will probably be a write in.

Obama's foreign policy is an incoherent wreck. And it seems like McCain gets confused at times. I think we should have better choices. I'm in Florida which McCain should carry easily so I can vote with little consequences. The Democrats shot themselves in the foot. Obama might just blow a race that was their's to win.

The betting sites where people spend real money have Obama as a 3-2 favorite so we shall see.

Why is your handle dufreeper? What's the significance of it? Were you a Freeper who infiltrated DU or vice versa?

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM

Amen!

Some day, when I have the energy and inclination, I'll put up a thread on my experiences teaching in public high school. It was an eye-opening experience.

du freeper
06-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Obama's foreign policy is an incoherent wreck. And it seems like McCain gets confused at times. I think we should have better choices. I'm in Florida which McCain should carry easily so I can vote with little consequences. The Democrats shot themselves in the foot. Obama might just blow a race that was their's to win.

The betting sites where people spend real money have Obama as a 3-2 favorite so we shall see.

Why is your handle dufreeper? What's the significance of it? Were you a Freeper who infiltrated DU or vice versa?

"Freeper" has turned into a generic turn for a conservative that goes stealth at DU for purposes of spying or interrupting. It is a fun game. I think originally the word "Freeper" was coined as a person who belonged to Free Republic. I've never been affiliated with them however. I had a lot of fun at DU "freeping" but don't do it as often any more. I've had this handle for several years.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Excellent, already she is turning into me.

Actually, it was my experience teaching that convinced me that everything was being done to PREVENT academics in the classroom. The amount of record keeping, standardized test giving, and general behaviorist teaching methods are enough to frustrate any teacher. I began to think that all school was was "baby jail," especially as I taught in a school with big barbed wire fences. Add to that the fact that there was money for all the wrong things, but never any money for things like new textbooks or school repair, and you just begin to wonder.

everyman68
06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
"Freeper" has turned into a generic turn for a conservative that goes stealth at DU for purposes of spying or interrupting. It is a fun game. I think originally the word "Freeper" was coined as a person who belonged to Free Republic. I've never been affiliated with them however. I had a lot of fun at DU "freeping" but don't do it as often any more. I've had this handle for several years.

DU is a mess.As I said I will vote for Obama with little conviction but the sight of DU if he loses would be a sight to see.We would literally see "weeping and gnashing of teeth".They would deserve it for the hatred they have spewed.

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
DU is a mess.As I said I will vote for Obama with little conviction but the sight of DU if he loses would be a sight to see.We would literally see "weeping and gnashing of teeth".They would deserve it for the hatred they have spewed.

No, they are already making up excuses - the typical one - the Repukes stole it!!!

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
No, they are already making up excuses - the typical one - the Repukes stole it!!!

Have you seen the newest RNC ad?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dl2X5ivmPS4

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Have you seen the newest RNC ad?

That's the first time I'd seen it but I heard that "judgement" was going to be the battle cry.

With Wright, Ayers, Pfleger, and Rezco, it's a logical one

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
It's nothing we haven't been arguing in the Democratic party ourselves. What a damned mess.

You know, I remember voting for Paul Tsongas in a primary in the 90s. That was back when experiece meant something.

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I admired Tsongas, I was saddened when he passed away.

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I admired Tsongas, I was saddened when he passed away.

Me, too. He was one of the good ones.

linda22003
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh Elpseth get over yourself. I had no clue you were a woman...

But Elspeth is a woman's name. That's ONE clue she might be a woman.

linda22003
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM

What was it that put you off? The total, mind-ripping insanity?

Shannon
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
The other thing I've noticed by perusing the threads is that the tone overall tends to be very civil. I don't see one liners like: "You're an [expletive deleted]" It's refreshing.

I've just been busy.:D

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I've just been busy.:D

LOL!!!!!!:D

You guys have a wicked sense of humor.

linda22003
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL!!!!!!:D

You guys have a wicked sense of humor.

What on earth makes you think Shannon was joking? :eek:

Goldwater
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
There are certain groups on this site who hold certain blocks of views, but it never ever goes down to name calling, we probably do hate and want to kill each other though.

Eyelids
06-05-2008, 02:08 PM
There are certain groups on this site who hold certain blocks of views, but it never ever goes down to name calling, we probably do hate and want to kill each other though.
thats a lie.

Shannon
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
thats a lie.

Did you just call Goldwater a liar?

Elspeth
06-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Crickets??;)

Goldwater
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Maybe with the exception of Eyelids then.

Thanks Shirley. ;)

Phillygirl
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM

No. He called you fat.

LogansPapa
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM
No. He called you fat.:eek:

Get your heads down boys, this is going to be a big one. :D

Goldwater
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
No. He called you fat.

Ohh, dang girl no u dint.

Logan is right for once, get in the bunker and put your head in between your legs.

Zathras
06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
But Elspeth is a woman's name. That's ONE clue she might be a woman.

Judging by his postings here, I'd say the liar Eyelids doesn't have a clue...about anything.

Zathras
06-05-2008, 09:16 PM
thats a lie.

heh heh, again Irony, thy name is Eyelids.