PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Barney Frank causes scene demanding discount

Odysseus
07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Last Updated: 1:54 AM, July 27, 2010

Posted: 12:38 AM, July 27, 2010
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/27/pagesix/photos_stories/cropped/barney_frank_getty_images--300x300.jpg
Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank caused a scene when he demanded a $1 senior discount on his ferry fare to Fire Island's popular gay haunt, The Pines, last Friday. Frank was turned down by ticket clerks at the dock in Sayville because he didn't have the required Suffolk County Senior Citizens ID. A witness reports, "Frank made such a drama over the senior rate that I contemplated offering him the dollar to cool down the situation." Frank made news last year when he was spotted looking uncomfortable around a bevy of topless, well-built men at the Pines Annual Ascension Beach Party. Frank's spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that his partner, James Ready, asked the ticket office for a regular ticket for himself and a senior ticket for Frank, "but was turned down because Frank didn't have a resident ID."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sorry_barney_no_discount_BSco6dW9b1VTgrL7GcCFrN#ix zz0uz3SGPqH

This man costs taxpayers billions of dollars, but throws a hissy fit over being charged at the full rate for a ferry ticket, and the difference is a discount of one dollar? Is there a better example of the entitlement mentality of these arrogant mandarins?

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Now now. Barny needed that dollar to buy himself a blowjob later.

Gingersnap
07-28-2010, 11:19 AM
All these people are repulsive.

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 01:24 PM
All these people are repulsive.

ginger hates teh gheys!!! ;)

Speedy
07-28-2010, 01:29 PM

Bwaney has always struck me as the fairy dishing out the blowjob not receiving one.

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Bwaney has always struck me as the fairy dishing out the blowjob not receiving one.

I'll leave that to your expert analysis. :D

Speedy
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
I'll leave that to your expert analysis. :D

It was meant as an example of my low regard and contempt for the queer bastard, nothing more.

hampshirebrit
07-28-2010, 02:13 PM

Wonder if he takes his teeth out for that? :eek::confused::D

Apache
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Brain BLEACH! :eek:

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM

don't know - ask speedy!! :D

hampshirebrit
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
don't know - ask speedy!! :D

Speedy, does Barney take his teeth out when giving head?

KhrushchevsShoe
07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
How much more repressed homosexuality can we fit in this thread?

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Not much more now that you and Satanicus have both posted. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
07-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Uh... Yeah.

I was more apalled by the hypocrisy of a guy who imposed $ trillions of debt on the American people whining and throwing a hissy fit over a $1 discount, but if you guys want to speculate on whether he pitches or catches, well... whatever floats your boat.

Point is, even if he wasn't gay ( <Seinfeld mode> Not that there's anything wrong with that :D,) he's a hypocritical windbag who spends his own money as if he had to cut each bill out of his own flesh, but spends our money with all of the zeal of a battleship's worth of drunken sailors.

Republicans ought to be adding a special clause authorizing a Barney Frank $1 senior discount to every appropriations bill that comes down the pike as a reminder of his skinflintedness and dishonesty.

JB
07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
How much more repressed homosexuality can we fit in this thread?I always love this logic from dumbshits like you.

So what are you if you insult anyone? Are you that person or group of person?

If you insult Christians are you a repressed Christian? If you insult people that want to give tax breaks to the rich are you a repressed person that wants to give tax breaks to the rich? If you insult Sarah Palin are you a repressed woman? Or a repressed hockey mom? etc..

Fucking stupid.

JB
07-28-2010, 06:10 PM
...and libpukes love OPM don't they?

Why do they have such a hard time parting with their own money but such an easy time wanting me to part with mine?

Has Biden given more than $30.85 to charity yet?

KhrushchevsShoe
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I always love this logic from dumbshits like you.

So what are you if you insult anyone? Are you that person or group of person?

If you insult Christians are you a repressed Christian? If you insult people that want to give tax breaks to the rich are you a repressed person that wants to give tax breaks to the rich? If you insult Sarah Palin are you a repressed woman? Or a repressed hockey mom? etc..

Fucking stupid.

Fantasizing about sexual encounters involving Barney Frank is pretty gay.

lacarnut
07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Fantasizing about sexual encounters involving Barney Frank is pretty gay.

If the Shoe fits, wear it.

KhrushchevsShoe
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
If the Shoe fits, wear it.

Fuck the what? So you're agreeing with me?

Lager
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM

How many more shallow thinking rah rah, cheerleaders can we fit in this message forum, who become so totallly enamored and accepting and defensive of any poliitician, based solely, totally and completely and eternally, on the fact that they are of one particular political party? I bet dictators and con-men dream of citizens such as yourself.

KhrushchevsShoe
07-28-2010, 06:51 PM
How many more shallow thinking rah rah, cheerleaders can we fit in this message forum, who become so totallly enamored and accepting and defensive of any poliitician, based solely, totally and completely and eternally, on the fact that they are of one particular political party? I bet dictators and con-men dream of citizens such as yourself.

Oh my god the irony. This board is so monolithic in its adoration of anything conservative and hate of anything liberal (in the US sense of the word) its terrifying. You guys are on the whim of a Sarah Palin press release, the most pawn-like of pawns.

lacarnut
07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Fuck the what? So you're agreeing with me?

Nope.... sounds like you are the one fantasizing.

KhrushchevsShoe
07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Nope.... sounds like you are the one fantasizing.

So by me pointing out that it might be a little homoerotic theorizing whether Barney Frank gives or recieves fallatio proves that I am gay instead of the people discussing it.

What planet is this again? Am I talking to earthlings?

Lager
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh my god the irony. This board is so monolithic in its adoration of anything conservative and hate of anything liberal (in the US sense of the word) its terrifying. You guys are on the whim of a Sarah Palin press release, the most pawn-like of pawns.

Then your reading comprehension skills are suspect as well. Or just maybe, like the other troll of the week, your mind does actuallly filter out what it doesn't want to acknowledge. If that's the case, you'd better be worried, cause that is going to cause problems in your life.

All I have to do is start any thread with "Obama is bad, because........." and I know which trolls will be responding instantly and probably guess within 85 percent accuracy what that response will be.

You are aware there are liberals here who have been posting for sometime, aren't you? How the hell did that fact sail so embarrassingly far over your head?

lacarnut
07-28-2010, 07:00 PM
So by me pointing out that it might be a little homoerotic theorizing whether Barney Frank gives or recieves fallatio proves that I am gay instead of the people discussing it.

You could be. Birds of a feather flock together.

JB
07-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Fantasizing about sexual encounters involving Barney Frank is pretty gay.True. But that wasn't what was happening in this thread.

Saying Barney needed the dollar to buy a BJ is quite different than saying "I would blow Barney for a dollar".

But you had to chime in and insult the membership of this board because they were making fun of the fact that Frank is a homosexual and in doing so they are homosexual themselves. It's rather stupid.

If that's the case, you are everything that you laugh at.

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/c18432b4-9f74-45bd-a2fd-78b088368d96.jpg
What ever you say. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM

What planet is this again? Am I talking to earthlings?

There was only one person theorizing before you came along and his name is speedy. If you wanna accuse him of fantasizing you're barking up an empty tree. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/27/pagesix/photos_stories/cropped/barney_frank_getty_images--300x300.jpghttp://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/c18432b4-9f74-45bd-a2fd-78b088368d96.jpg

Am I the only one who noticed the resemblence?

Mike Honcho
07-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Is BARNEY gay?

lacarnut
07-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Is BARNEY gay?

Does a bear live in the woods?

marinejcksn
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
A ONE DOLLAR DISCOUNT?

F'IN TIGHTWADS. :rolleyes:

Troll
07-30-2010, 10:32 PM
51% of the people in America liked Barney Frank 2 years ago. Everyone knows Bush is the reason Barney Frank lost it.

You guys are all so stupid. Everything on CU is a lie.

One time Bush threw a tantrum on Air Force One, why didn't you all say anything then?

Oh, so NOW you guys think the NY Post is a valid source?

If every congressman threw a fit over $1, the CBO predicts we could shave $535 off the national debt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TugslL45aXk

Rockntractor
07-30-2010, 10:38 PM

The hell you say! Who would have thought a site named conservative underground would have a conservative viewpoint. You are sharp as a tack commie boy!:rolleyes:

Odysseus
07-31-2010, 12:00 PM

So, you think that Barney's hissy fit over the $1 discount is justified? The only person that I care about who's getting screwed by Barney Frank is the taxpayer, especially now that we know that he's too cheap to spring for lubricant.

nightflight
07-31-2010, 04:14 PM
51% of the people in America liked Barney Frank 2 years ago. Everyone knows Bush is the reason Barney Frank lost it.

Um.....what?

You guys are all so stupid. Everything on CU is a lie.

Even your statement?

One time Bush threw a tantrum on Air Force One, why didn't you all say anything then?

Context is your friend.

Oh, so NOW you guys think the NY Post is a valid source?

Um........what??

If every congressman threw a fit over $1, the CBO predicts we could shave $535 off the national debt.

How could throwing a fit over a dollar bill effect the debt?

CueSi
08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
So, you think that Barney's hissy fit over the $1 discount is justified? The only person that I care about who's getting screwed by Barney Frank is the taxpayer, especially now that we know that he's too cheap to spring for lubricant.

That was funny. :)

~QC

djones520
08-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Um.....what?

Even your statement?

Context is your friend.

Um........what??

How could throwing a fit over a dollar bill effect the debt?

Satire, he was mocking Satanicus.

Apocalypse
08-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Well our Fuhrer wants him to leave "With Dignity".

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/953640282_f6NTj-O.jpg

Obama hopes Rep. Rangel can leave "with dignity"

Sat Jul 31, 2010

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama called ethics charges against Representative Charles Rangel "very troubling" on Friday and said he hoped the lawmaker could end his career "with dignity."

Democrats have urged the New York lawmaker, one of the most senior members of Congress and its former chief tax writer, to settle the charges to avoid a trial they fear could hurt them in congressional elections in November.

Obama’s comments may be seen as indirect encouragement for Rangel to cut a deal or step down for the good of the Democratic Party. If he resigned, that would effectively end the congressional investigation.

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served his constituents very well, but these allegations are very troubling," Obama said in an interview with CBS television.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100731/pl_nm/us_obama_rangel

KhrushchevsShoe
08-01-2010, 12:55 PM

Hey, you're the guy who likes Ayn Rand. Worship that dollar bill.

djones520
08-01-2010, 01:06 PM

I wonder why I thought that you were a somewhat decent fellow. It's easy to see your nearly as bad as Satanicus. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-01-2010, 01:18 PM

WTF? Did it hurt jumping to that big of a conclusion?? :rolleyes:

Odysseus
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM

Hmmm... Your premise is false (I don't worship Rand, I just like some, but not all, of her premises), your attempt to make the dollar an object of worship is specious and doesn't address the core argument, which is that when it's his own dollar, Barney Frank is the one who worships it. When it's ours, he flushes them down the progressive policy toilet with abandon.

In short, you managed to be wrong, irrelevant and infantile in one short comment. You've hit the leftist trifecta.

nightflight
08-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Satire, he was mocking Satanicus.

DOH!

Troll
08-01-2010, 05:55 PM

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/133313

swirling_vortex
08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
It's better to worship the dollar bill than to worship a dictator. With a dollar bill, I have purchasing power, I have choice in my life. I can choose to spend it, I can choose to donate it, or I can choose to invest it. Under your system, I have no choice expect for whatever the government believes is the right choice for me. So if Obama believes I'm making too much money, I don't have a choice, I have to pay those higher taxes or risk losing my property.

Now, that's not to say Ayn Rand was right on everything (I don't agree with her on the religion aspect), but she at least promotes an idea that men should be free to pursue their own interests (within rational reason, of course). I don't see the same coming from your political spectrum.

lacarnut
08-02-2010, 10:23 AM
It's better to worship the dollar bill than to worship a dictator. With a dollar bill, I have purchasing power, I have choice in my life. I can choose to spend it, I can choose to donate it, or I can choose to invest it. Under your system, I have no choice expect for whatever the government believes is the right choice for me. So if Obama believes I'm making too much money, I don't have a choice, I have to pay those higher taxes or risk losing my property.

Now, that's not to say Ayn Rand was right on everything (I don't agree with her on the religion aspect), but she at least promotes an idea that men should be free to pursue their own interests (within rational reason, of course). I don't see the same coming from your political spectrum.

Looks like the Shoe got his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

Odysseus
08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Looks like the Shoe got his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

Yeah, but he managed to avoid answering my question about whether he thought that Barney's hissy fit over the $1 discount is justified. It would be nice for a liberal to observe disgusting behavior from their side and admit that it's wrong, but Shoe seems to have degaussed his moral compass, and now it only points to the DNC.

KhrushchevsShoe
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Hmmm... Your premise is false (I don't worship Rand, I just like some, but not all, of her premises), your attempt to make the dollar an object of worship is specious and doesn't address the core argument, which is that when it's his own dollar, Barney Frank is the one who worships it. When it's ours, he flushes them down the progressive policy toilet with abandon.

In short, you managed to be wrong, irrelevant and infantile in one short comment. You've hit the leftist trifecta.

Really, even enjoying one word Ayn Rand's drivel should be considered an act of incredible narcissism. She's a hack. Her writing is completely over the top, to the point where her books become parodies of themselves, and her premise relies on complete and total paranoia. Its fuel for the fire of insane people who want to destroy the government.

As for Frank, he's an idiot to be throwing a fit over $1. Maybe he did it out of some sort of principle or something. Either way there's few ways to defend that individual act.

However, to immediately attack his sexuality then dream up detailed depictions of his nighttime habits is so indicative of repressed homosexuality its comical. HEY I WONDER IF BARNEY IS TOP OR BOTTOM? DO YOU THINK HE LIKES GIVING BLOWJOBS OR GETTING THEM? I WONDER WHAT COLOR HIS UNDERWEAR IS? TEEHEEHEEHEEE. Of course that isn't nearly as infantile as disparaging the worst novelist of the 20th century and the bullshit she preached.

Rockntractor
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Really, even enjoying one word Ayn Rand's drivel should be considered an act of incredible narcissism. She's a hack. Her writing is completely over the top, to the point where her books become parodies of themselves, and her premise relies on complete and total paranoia. Its fuel for the fire of insane people who want to destroy the government.

As for Frank, he's an idiot to be throwing a fit over $1. Maybe he did it out of some sort of principle or something. Either way there's few ways to defend that individual act.

However, to immediately attack his sexuality then dream up detailed depictions of his nighttime habits is so indicative of repressed homosexuality its comical. HEY I WONDER IF BARNEY IS TOP OR BOTTOM? DO YOU THINK HE LIKES GIVING BLOWJOBS OR GETTING THEM? I WONDER WHAT COLOR HIS UNDERWEAR IS? TEEHEEHEEHEEE. Of course that isn't nearly as infantile as disparaging the worst novelist of the 20th century and the bullshit she preached.
You people are so far gone that common sense is a foreign concept to you. If it wasn't for the fact that you are bringing the country down with you I would say you are getting what you deserve.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I wish she had balance in her life and in her teachings - but she does have valid points that the left want to completely ignore.

Odysseus
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Naricissism? One can argue the merits of her work as literature, or as polemics, but to say that to admire one word is narcissistic is just a tad over the top, don't you think (the question is rhetorical, as you're obviously not thinking)? Rand's work consists of essays, novels, short stories and even a play. Some of her essays are thought-provoking and effectively make the case for a secular basis for property rights. The Fountainhead is an exciting novel, whether you agree with her premises or not, and Atlas Shrugged has some great parts, but is overlong and desperately needed an edit (I have never gotten through Galt's speech at the end, and I've tried several times), however, given that she is writing about economics, she is probably one of the few writers who can make that subject compelling. Don't confuse her more extreme admirers with her work. It took me years to overcome my distaste for a group of rabid Beetle fans that I went to summer camp with before I could listen to them, and I still hear a particularly obnoxious girl screaming in my ear whenever I hear I wanna Hold Your Hand. Stop drowning the baby in the bath water.

Also, you claim that I "worship" Rand because I picked a dollar bill as my symbol of the US when I was in elementary school (honest, I hadn't read Rand in the third grade). I chose the dollar because even then I knew that a nation's currency contained its symbolic representation of itself, and what it puts on its money tells a lot about how how sees itself. Most of my teacher's objections to the project were based on her attempt to pigeonhole me as a hyphenated-American, which was another reason why the project was apropos, the national motto of "E Pluribus, Unum" making my case for me (yes, I know that it doesn't appear on the dollar, but I also had a section on the quarter, the dime, the nickel and the penny; I earned that A+). I find it interesting that you see any respect for the symbolism of our national currency as a radical position, but the dollar is covered with the symbols of our nation, from the Great Seal to our first president. Isn't that worthy of respect?

As for Frank, he's an idiot to be throwing a fit over $1. Maybe he did it out of some sort of principle or something.
What principle would justify browbeating some clerk for doing his job? The issue is not that he asked for the discount, it's that he flew into a rage when he didn't get it, even though he lacked the proper ID and was not a resident of the county. In short, he demanded something to which he was not entitled, and when he didn't get it, he threw a tantrum. Meanwhile, he has driven policies which have denied millions of Americans the right to keep what we have actually earned, and squandered on his pet constituencies, and when the people who pay those taxes object and question him, he resorts to insults. He is a hypocrite, and his conduct should be exposed, and since the media won't do it, it's up to us.

Either way there's few ways to defend that individual act.
That is true, which is why you sought to change the subject. Because you couldn't defend the individual act, you tried to obscure it with a sleight of hand. Now, instead of it being about Frank's hypocrisy and lack of character, you get to play the homophobia card. Nice try, but it's an old trick, and it just doesn't wash anymore.

The worst novelist of the twentieth century was Jaqueline Suzanne, although Harold Robbins gave her a run for her money, and Barbara Cartland deserves a mention.

Yes, Frank is gay. We all know it, because it's pretty much the be-all and end-all of his political stance. However, note that you didn't address his conduct, but went on the attack against those who raised this peripheral issue. Your rant against Rand is also part of your attempt to change the subject. Sorry, but no. Barney Frank is a hypocritical tightwad who spends other people's money promiscously, but refuses to part with a dollar of his own money. As I said before, the only screwing of his that concerns me is what he has done to millions of taxpayers.

AmPat
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM

The "monolithic " thinking is regarding and applied to the Conservative nature of a site called "CONSERVATIVE UNDERGROUND." :rolleyes:

The defenses of Conservatives are not reflexive regarding individual politicians when they are deserving of negative scrutiny, unlike liberl's thoughtless and completely political defense of scum like Barney.

Liberal weenies like you have a reflexive defense for the indefensible and reprehensible actions of all liberals.

Look in a mirror for a change.:cool: