PDA

View Full Version : Obama Missing Historic Boy Scout Jamboree for Fundraisers, 'View' Taping

FlaGator
07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Better to disparately grab for cash than to do something Presidental.

President Obama will make history as the first sitting president on a daytime talk show when he visits with the ladies of "The View." But he'll be missing out on another historic occasion -- the Boy Scouts' Jamboree marking the group's 100th anniversary, right in the president's backyard.

The Jamboree kicked off this week at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia, where organizers had invited the president to speak to the 45,000 scouts in attendance. All three of Obama's predecessors have made it to one Jamboree while in office (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping/#).

But the president will instead be traveling Wednesday to New York for a taping of the ABC show, as well as Democratic fundraisers and a stop in New Jersey. The talk show appearance comes as campaign season moves into full swing, but also amid efforts to cap the Gulf oil spill for good, contain the damage from an unprecedented leak of Afghanistan war documents and battle Arizona over its immigration law -- set to go into effect Thursday. Obama also has an out-of-town event planned for Friday in Detroit (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping/#).

But while the Jamboree lasts until next Tuesday, the president is sending his regards via a videotaped message.

Boy Scouts of America spokesman Deron Smith said the organization knew Obama's invitation would hinge on his schedule and found out two months ago that he would not be able to attend.

Whole story is here (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping/)

ralph wiggum
07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
But is he attending Chelsea Clinton's wedding? We must know now!!!111111eleventy111!!! :D

namvet
07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
The Jamboree kicked off this week at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia, where organizers had invited the president to speak to the 45,000 scouts in attendance. All three of Obama's predecessors have made it to one Jamboree while in office

he's so fuckin' low now an ant can take a piss on him.

PoliCon
07-28-2010, 10:40 AM
He'll come in 2011 - when HE's running for office and it will politically benefit HIM.

namvet
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
He'll come in 2011 - when HE's running for office and it will politically benefit HIM.

that's why he went on the view. to get votes.

FlaGator
07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
that's why he went on the view. to get votes.

I think he was looking from some "strange"...

Just saying.

namvet
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I think he was looking from some "strange"...

Just saying.

they are strange. a bunch a cackling liberal hens laying eggs inside their coup everyday.

NJCardFan
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
they are strange. a bunch a cackling liberal hens laying eggs inside their coup everyday.

I'd bang Elizabeth Hasselbeck like a Salvation Army Drum.
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/elizabeth-hasselbeck-baby.jpg

namvet
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM

you'll have to wait in line. don't forget your condom

Rebel Yell
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
There is no way I will be anwhere near a TV set. One thing I've never wanted to see is Whoopi orgasm.

Gingersnap
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
There is no way I will be anwhere near a TV set. One thing I've never wanted to see is Whoopi orgasm.

Ewwww! :mad:

Rebel Yell
07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Ewwww! :mad:

Exactly. Bet you know thought of that aspect of this show.

namvet
07-28-2010, 11:39 AM

she was named after the Whoopi cushion. fulla a hot gas

Rebel Yell
07-28-2010, 11:40 AM
she was named after the Whoopi cushion. fulla a hot gas

I did like her back when she sung Fast Car.:D

namvet
07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I did like her back when she sung Fast Car.:D

she didn't - that was Tracy Chapman

Rebel Yell
07-28-2010, 12:01 PM
she didn't - that was Tracy Chapman

Same difference - Whoopi, Tracy Chapman, Buckwheat. I think they're all the same person.

Speedy
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Same difference - Whoopi, Tracy Chapman, Buckwheat. I think they're all the same person.

Tracy Chapman is a talented musician and song writer who has written some of the most heartwrenching and beautiful folk ballads in existence. The complete sense of hopelessness and death of a dream in Fast Car. The loss of a loved one in The Promise and unrequieted love in Smoke and Ashes.

No one can take your heart and mold it like clay through the medium of song like Tracy Chapman.

It is completely unfair to compare her with a no talent hack like Whoopi.

Molon Labe
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Tracy Chapman is a talented musician and song writer who has written some of the most heartwrenching and beautiful folk ballads in existence. The complete sense of hopelessness and death of a dream in Fast Car. The loss of a loved one in The Promise and unrequieted love in Smoke and Ashes.

No one can take your heart and mold it like clay through the medium of song like Tracy Chapman.

Great post.

Rebel Yell
07-28-2010, 12:18 PM

I agree whole heartedly. They still look alike, though.

p.s. I never really thought Whoopi sang Fast Car.

namvet
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM

I agree.

namvet
07-28-2010, 01:08 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz072810dAPR20100728034530.jpg

fettpett
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM

I would too, but After their ignorant and very arrogant comments they made about Massage Therapy, I can't stand them even more than I used too. Bunch of whiny ass bitches

Nubs
07-28-2010, 09:27 PM
This show is like Sex in the City. A bunch of women sitting around bitching.